Given the chance

SynTaXx-Wrath

If you're happy, I'm. . .
To make a huge move would you? I have the opportunity to move to England for a given amount of time, kiddo included, and maybe a friend :p Since I've never lived outside Michigan would I be shell shocked in England? Ack! decisions decisions.

I say go :) When a chance like this is given I think one should accept it. It's a great experience to live in another country for a while. You get experience and a different point of view on things (that you don't get/see from just visiting), you open your mind so to speak. You also get to appreciate your own country, or your eyes opens and you see how bad it is in your own country - one of the two ;)

My oldest brother has lived in both the US (2 yrs) and Australia (1yr), he brought his whole family with him on both occasions, no obstacles at all (both girls went to school there). I've lived in the US for 5 months, which was a great experience. I have friends that has lived in the UK, and they liked it.

England is different, but so are each state within the US. It's a different culture in England, but you will recognize a lot. And people are friendly and warm hearted (accept for soccer fanatics :p ) they love to make self-sarcastic jokes :rolleyes: I like England, and these are my experiences from being there.

Grab this opportunity, don't miss it!

Last edited:
If I go I am taking a kiddo and a friend so I might not be as home sick. I am staying with my mom who has been there 7 year and she said she loves it there just misses her family, so it might not be as bad.

If I go I am taking a kiddo and a friend so I might not be as home sick. I am staying with my mom who has been there 7 year and she said she loves it there just misses her family, so it might not be as bad.
Then what's the problem? Go get tickets! ^_^

lol I have to wait until at least Christmas break, kiddo starts school the 5th, then there is getting my friend and his stuff together.. so Christmas is the soonest we could go, next spring is the lastest.

How long? Takes more then a few days/a couple of weeks to tell how a country is to live in ;)
Together it's about 4 months over a variety of locations. I wouldn't want to live in any of those places because it's much better to be in the USA. That's why we have a problem keeping people out.

Together it's about 4 months over a variety of locations. I wouldn't want to live in any of those places because it's much better to be in the USA. That's why we have a problem keeping people out.
Different opinions I guess ;)
I think that a lot of people wanna move the US because of the old 'saying' that it's the land of all dreams, and that 'saying' still lives in peoples minds. Tho, I can't really agree that it is the land of all dreams...

I really wanted to move to the US and live there. I tried Texas when me and Gen were a couple. All I can say is, I never wanna settle down and live in the US. So many things that I don't think is good/right there (I know one can't judge the whole US after one state tho, and of course there were good things as well). I just didn't feel comfortable with nature, culture, attitudes...etc. The great thing was, that after living there I looked on my own country Sweden with new eyes, and saw how much I really appreciate it here
:) I'll never regret it, and I'm really glad that I did it. And these are my opinions, other people find it great over there, just not me :)
Oh, I would like to try the northern parts of the US, and even more: Canada! ^_^

Anyways, I think it's great to try things like this out... :thumbsup:
...spread your wings and fly :)

Last edited:
You just love the snow and the cold Zana! Cos you're odd. :lol: :devil:

In the US you don't have to go far to find a Pole Dancing club! :lol: :shifty:

PS: Seriously the UK sucks. Go to Australia

You just love the snow and the cold Zana! Cos you're odd. :lol: :devil:

In the US you don't have to go far to find a Pole Dancing club! :lol: :shifty:

PS: Seriously the UK sucks. Go to Australia
lol ^_^
And yes, I do love it, but the winter is too long here...I love the summers as well ;)

As Zana says go try it out.... I live in Denmark! But I would love to live in England.... And some day I just might move there!

England is for me a great country... and people over there are very friendly!

A new country takes time to get use to for all people... Some like England some don't...

And if your mom likes it there it really can't be that bad... or am I wrong?

Most importent is to make your own oppinion off how things are over there and see how you can make it work for you! Have an open mind and it will be as you want it to be....

I have a part off my family in England and that might be why I see it like I do!

Go go go :lol:

Back