For those of you not playing NGE...

For those of you not playing NGE...

• A public apology and preverbial hanging of Smedly.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Reversion to Pre-Cu

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Reversion to CU

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • A Seperate Server(s) for CU or Pre-CU

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Free 90 day trial

• Some kind of new content (describe)

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Jedi to be taken away.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Decay to be returned.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Missing 20 profs to be returned.

• Other (describe)

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
A seperate Pre -CU server will make me consider but I would require a statement that SOE wont screw us over again but that wont happen so I wont be back hehe

In reality what it would take: A grand cleanup of all the spaghetti code, gremlins or whatever is causing the servers to lag.

In my dreams: Some amazing new content (the storyteller thing sounds nice, actually) or maybe even a timeline change to something other than the movies so the developers have more room to create a background story and content to complement it.

I went with a seperate server for pre-cu/cu but only if it was a Pre-Cu server......nothing else will work (CU was almost as bad as the NGE). That and a public hanging of smedly will make me want to come back and play again.

I dunno. I'd say if they reverted to pre-CU; but even pre-CU kinda sucked ass. So it would have to be not only a reversion, but the pre-CU system with a shit-ton of work done to it to fix all the imbalances that it had.

Its quite easy to polish the balance in Pre-Cu PvP especially after disease/poison buffs.

1- Remove spider venom or decrease the power on it.
2- Add 10 to 20% to commondo dot damage.
3- Remove infinitive use DOT weapons from game.
4- Increase the cap on defenses slightly, (dizzy kd blind etc.)

All of these require no additional coding just minor tweaking.

The bugs which needed to fix were the aeo hits behind obstacles or levels, sliding when knock downed while running.

Pre CU combat system was a work of genious with the current technology but I dont think they invented it on purpose or the guys who did the system left SOE, what SWG lacked terribly was nothing but PvE which was no biggie if they have added more tools for player driven content instead of removing mechanics like city ban.

An other easy fix to server lag was to increase bank storage capacity so that ppl didnt need houses for storing, I would also increase the maintenace on buildings/harvesters outside city limits and remove such building if their maintenance is not paid for a certain period of time.

If only they gave us more tools so that PvP meant more I wouldnt be that much hated hehe.

I dunno 'cause even pve pretty much sucked.

Pretty much the newer dungeons like geonosian cave and DWB etc.. (and newer stuff added since I left I suppose) were the only pve content that even had a purpose. Every other dungeon and quest that was created at the start was pretty much a buggy piece of shit with no purpose, no unique loots, and no benefit to playing them. 95% of the pve content in the game was bugged in some way. So you would get to the end of some dungeon and find absolutely nothing there. Or at the most there would be some big ornamental chest that I'm assuming was intended to have nice stuff inside, but instead it has the same crap the meatclump thugs outside the cities drop. There were tons of cool dungeons that could have been something if they would have bothered with it. Like for instance the volcano on Lok with the cool trade federation droids. Many people probably don't even know of it's existence because there's no point of even going there. Sure you can kill cool new droids that you can't find anywhere else, but why the hell do they still drop the same old crap cdef pistols as everything else!? Sheesh!

Then lets not forget that there are 2 types of missions: kill everything at some coordinates, or delivery; which every fracking npc mission falls under, none of which ever have a point. Not to mention all the dead-end uncompleteable missions. There were so many damn bugs in this game that are obvious to anyone who bothers playing it. It seems like a simple concept: after creating content, log onto a damn account and try playing it, and if it doesn't work then log back out and get to programming to make it work. But no, of course they never did this and hundreds of game-killing bugs just sat there forever, still there to this day even. It was rediculous how unpolished this stupid game was.

reversion to pre-cu or cu, new content, decay, apology, 100% friends list to return, revert all servers to pvp, blowjobs by many hott beautiful womens
and reduction of beers bank account by 88% :p

Not a thing would get me to return. The game was fun back in its day, but the game is just outdated.

Well, I take that back...only thing that would get me to return to the Star Wars universe, is a completely new game, done by a well known company other then SOE.

1- Server consolidation
2- innate armor for jedi, or some means for jedi defenses other than robes/cloaks

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Other...

SWG 2

Has to be at least twice as fun and awesome as original SWG used to be for me.

Not going back, regardless of what they do. This is meant for SWG alone. If there is another SW game down the line. I will try it and we'll see. ^_^

Back