For the next three days....

Cheer up, at least it's only 3 days. I had to take a 5 day Oracle SQL class and then a 5 day PL/SQL class :rolleyes:

Now tell me why you are in this class?
And here's one I just finished

SELECT c.Corporation, u.invoicenum, u.otherinfo, (r.firstname + ' ' + r.lastname) AS requestedby, (s.firstname + ' ' + s.lastname) AS returnto,
u.justification, u.costcenter, e.expelement, (rtrim(p.projectnum) + '-' + ltrim(p.name)) AS project, u.amount,u.quantity
FROM ((SELECT h.justification, isNull(d.costcenter, SCRCostCenter) AS costcenter, isNull(d.expelementid, SCRExpElement) AS expelementid,
d.amount, h.vendorid, isNull(d.projectid, SCRProject) AS projectid, h.datecreated, h.RequestedBy, h.SiteUserID, h.CorpID,
h.invoicenum, d.quantity, h.otherinfo
FROM CRDetail AS d
INNER JOIN CRHeader AS h ON d.CRNumber = h.CRNumber
WHERE d.deleted = 0 AND h.deleted = 0
AND (h.datecreated BETWEEN '01/01/2006' AND '08/07/2007'))
UNION ALL
(SELECT h.justification, isNull(d.costcenter, SCRCostCenter) AS costcenter, isNull(d.expelementid, SCRExpElement) AS expelementid, d.amount,
h.vendorid, isNull(d.projectid, SCRProject) AS projectid, IsNull(h.DisplayDate, h.DateCreated) AS datecreated,
'' AS RequestedBy, '' AS SiteUserID, '' AS CorpID, h.invoicenum, d.quantity, h.notes AS otherinfo
FROM OEDetail AS d
INNER JOIN OEHeader AS h ON d.OENumber = h.OENumber
WHERE d.deleted = 0 AND h.deleted = 0
AND (IsNull(h.displaydate, h.datecreated) BETWEEN '01/01/2006' AND '08/07/2007'))
) AS u
LEFT OUTER JOIN SiteUser AS r ON u.RequestedBy = r.SiteUserID
LEFT OUTER JOIN SiteUser AS s ON u.SiteUserID = s.SiteUserID
LEFT OUTER JOIN Corporation AS c ON u.CorpID = c.CorpID
INNER JOIN ExpenseElement AS e ON u.ExpElementID = e.ExpElementID
INNER JOIN Project AS p ON u.ProjectID = p.ProjectID
WHERE u.vendorID = 1
ORDER BY u.DateCreated

Well atleast your doing something, I'm stuck at home untill I figure out if I want to work at a shitty stopping shop or take like 2 buses and a train for a job that involves driving a forklift. :p

Now tell me why you are in this class?
And here's one I just finished

I'll have to post some of the ones we work on - most of them are terrible old code and we fix them.

I'm in the class because my boss decided that both myself and the other "senior e-forms person" (pee in a cup guy) should go to SQL courses since we work so much on them...

erm...two years after we started...

i just found out that they have labs where they don't teach you anything, but you have to sit and do labs. Wow.

so anyway, my boss decided this for us. I think the two new people should have gone as they have the least experience with sql. I'm the best out of the 5 of us. We don't even have to deal with summing up data really only just collecting it. (ie current balance on an account, or customer name and address) Since the company we have an agreement with for education money doesn't offer any oracle classes, we take MS SQL because it's "close".

On the positive side, I get to get paid for 8 hours when I'm sitting around for like 6 or 7 in an airconditioned building and browse the net and be quiet when he's talking. I'm not dealing with customer service or having to worry about getting my job done while answering everyone else's questions. :)

So uhh Tiv when you become a pro with MySQL you should help out with SWGEmu :D

So uhh Tiv when you become a pro with MySQL you should help out with SWGEmu :D

Nooo...not mysql - ms sql - as in microsoft sql server.

I do mysql too - but it's more on the side. (ie i'm building an in-group website that will allow us to see which forms are outdated. I'm still trying to decide how big I want it to be. Thinking of doing a real db schema for it.

Nooo...not mysql - ms sql - as in microsoft sql server.

I do mysql too - but it's more on the side. (ie i'm building an in-group website that will allow us to see which forms are outdated. I'm still trying to decide how big I want it to be. Thinking of doing a real db schema for it.
:eek:

Back