FINALLY!!!

womp

sooooooo things are starting to look up! i've never been more excited since i had the opportunity to be a jedi!! LOL

last week, i was promoted at work :O

and for the first time (officially) i'm getting my own place!

well, on nov 1st!

you guys have any advice for a first timer??? lol, im pretty clueless except for paying rent to my landlord.

btw, i love all you guys! you've been with me for about 50% of what i can remember in my life. you all made wanderhome the best server/community i've ever been with

TY!!

congrats man. looking to move out properly myself (cannot stand living at home after being away for 3 years at uni) but need to get a job nailed down first :(

what kind of place are you staying in? do you have wonderful utility bills to take care of etc?

oh and make sure you take some shit tickets with you

i got a 2 bedroom to myself with only electricity to pay. the rent is 900 a month in union city, nj.

i was thinking about getting a roomie to cut my monthly expenses in half.

IM SOUPED!!

depends how much room you have. often quite useful having a 2nd room to dump shit in which inevitably will appear out of seemingly nowhere as time goes by and also rather more obviously for guests to stay overnight

i want my own place :(

First, congrats! :)

And then, do a financial plan. Doesn't have to be something real serious just something to guide you so there are no/less surprises :)

And oh, fart a long and be nekkid! ^_^

Wow I beat Nuka moving out ya! Lol... It's not that difficult like Zana said just keep track of your money and save up for anything bad that could happen along the way and you should be fine.

Congrats, on your promotion from the fryer to the register! Kidding...

Seriously though, a few things to keep in mind. If you get a roomy, get someone you know, if that's not an option, form a questionnaire and I mean get FBI on their ass if it's a random person. Nothing worse then living with someone you can't stand, let alone find out they moved out with everything you own.

Also, don't get crazy on the apartments, definitely do some shopping around and look for the best price. Things to look out for, such as, is garbage included in rent or is that a separate fee, same with water/sewage? When touring complexes, defiantly check out the condition of the complex, and the apartments themselves, it tells a lot about how well the management maintains it's facilities and if you'd be living around a bunch ass munches.

One thing to note, that I always forget to check, is the damn air conditioner/heater. The past two apartments I've lived in, they sound like jet engines and to be able to hold a phone conversation, I have to turn it off and listening to TV, I literally have it cranked all the way up just to hear it.

One last thing, most complexes have different versions of the same apartment, such as vaulted ceilings, fireplaces, other bells and whistles I personally wouldn't give a shit about. While they seem nice and an added bonus, it'll cost you. You can usually knock off a few bucks here and there for taking an apartment that doesn't have those "nice features". Also, usually depending on what floor you're on you may end up paying more, bottom floors are usually the cheapest and increase in pay the farther up you go.

Again, this is all assuming your looking for an apartment.

I would highly recommend renters insurance. It's usually pretty cheap and will come in handy should you ever need to use it.

first off, you are all f'in awesome. i'm dyin to walk around my apartment naked lol!! TMI, but thank you all for caring :D

I would highly recommend renters insurance. It's usually pretty cheap and will come in handy should you ever need to use it.

btw what would renters insurance cover? lol

first off, you are all f'in awesome. i'm dyin to walk around my apartment naked lol!! TMI, but thank you all for caring :D

btw what would renters insurance cover? lol

I'll second renters insurance. It covers just about everything from, theft, fire, flooding, etc. A lot of apartments won't let you sign a lease until you are covered. It's cheap, I believe mines like $12 a month.

I'll second renters insurance. It covers just about everything from, theft, fire, flooding, etc. A lot of apartments won't let you sign a lease until you are covered. It's cheap, I believe mines like $12 a month.
good idea! cant trust other people living in the same building lol...

what could i do about if i fix the place up really nice and the landlord increases the rent or if the landlord kicks me out?? she told me she'd pay for the supplies if i did the work to it and we could make a lease if i want.

After you sign a lease, legally, they can't jack up the price on your rent for the allotted time the lease covers. Now, when the lease expires and you decide to resign a new lease, they can jack it up.

With that said, by law, at least in VA, after a lease is up, the property managers are only allowed to increase the rent by so much. So say if I were to sign a new lease where I currently am after mine expires in January, they have sent me a notice that it will cost about $100 bucks more a month.

Back