Favorite SWG Template and why?

Hm, pre-cu it was my swordsman/stacker template. Used it to successfully bodyguard a few jedi from numerous bh's that came after them when grinding. Sometimes I'd even put my armor on. hehe.

Post-cu, pre-nge it was my Master Sabers/Master Defender/Healer 4000/Entertainer 0010 jedi template. Nothing like a dancing wookiee jedi kicking your butt in the cnet starport in front of everyone. lol

Now, who knows. Enjoy my spy as it lets me solo stuff like back in the old days with rifles/ranger and swords/stacker. But honestly, I'd trade all of them for my old Doc/CH template I started the game with. I miss my pets. :(

Post CU, for fighting was MBH/MCM/Doc. But just before that I had, BH Pistols, Smuggler Pistols, and Pistoleer Techs.

TKM Mswords Mbrawler 2400 medic... had a blast krayt and ns hunting and it was the best high end mob solo template out there

Don't Laugh My Fav Template?

TKM/MTAILOR/NOVICE SCOUT

I could harvest everything I needed to run State of Uphoria, I could Tank groups of mobs till someone would lay waste to them AND look good doing it in my exquisite leotard (The special loot drop scematic one)

Hell I even got glowie and did most of the unlock for jedi as level 55.

PRE CU:
Master Swordsman/TK Master/some medic
Master Fencer/Master Doctor
Master Rifleman/Master Doctor
Master Fencer/Master Rifleman
MLS / M enhancer / 4004 Healer

CU:
MLS / M Enchancer / 4000 defender / 4000 healer (something like that)

NGE:
Jedi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Akieo @ Dec 30 2005, 11:56 AM) [snapback]19822[/snapback][/center]
PRE CU:
Master Swordsman/TK Master/some medic
Master Fencer/Master Doctor
Master Rifleman/Master Doctor
Master Fencer/Master Rifleman
MLS / M enhancer / 4004 Healer

CU:
MLS / M Enchancer / 4000 defender / 4000 healer (something like that)
hrmm im thinking it would have been 4000 healer and some other defender beacuse 4000 defender and 4000 healer wasnt possible with two masteries :(
NGE:
Jedi
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 1 2006, 04:40 AM) [snapback]20473[/snapback][/center]
Can't remember my exact template bro, I said that
[/b]

Actually I remember it now. MLS / M Enhancer / 4040 Healer because I had sap

MBH, pistoleer 4424, carbineer 0300 and mdeci 0040

and of course

4xxxbh mswordsman and xx4x medic

fun times fun times

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Echew @ Jan 2 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]20833[/snapback][/center]
MBH, pistoleer 4424, carbineer 0300 and mdeci 0040

and of course

4xxxbh mswordsman and xx4x medic

fun times fun times
[/b]
Have to say though, I really enjoyed BH and my favorite BH template would have to be....

MBH, MCarbs, CM 4000..... gave me heals like a biz natch, and enough firepower to get the job done.... besides I hated FOTM templates, so i tried to stay away from them. TKM being the FOTY(flavor of hte year) was the reason i ended up dropping it and going BH back in April '04 That and it was around april that I got sick and tired of grinding professions and decided to take a break... few months later they changed hte system over to the village and then i ground most of my FS exp killing jedi :D go figure :D.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Akieo @ Dec 31 2005, 01:40 PM) [snapback]20474[/snapback][/center]
Actually I remember it now. MLS / M Enhancer / 4040 Healer because I had sap
[/b]
that was the template I was shooting for before the NGE went live... I made it all the way to MLS Menhancer and 4020 healer /sigh, was sap that effective in pvp? I never got to fully test it out :(

Master BH/ Some shit in carbineer that i don't really remember... had cripple shot and something else that was cool. And novice entertainer + 1 box in dancing so I could dance on people when they died.

This was before they changed any of the combat system I think.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Jan 4 2006, 11:21 AM) [snapback]21412[/snapback][/center]
that was the template I was shooting for before the NGE went live... I made it all the way to MLS Menhancer and 4020 healer /sigh, was sap that effective in pvp? I never got to fully test it out :(
[/b]

Yes

TKM / Master Rifleman / Pistols 0040 / Medic 0040

Always loved rifles, actually I'm more of a ranged person, when the CU hit, I dropped melee and never looked back. Pre-CU I went with TKM because it was suicide to pvp w/o melee when lotsa jedi started popping up.

I've tried several combinations of TK/rifle and found this ^ to be the best:

1) I've had marksman xxx4. The posture-down shot was lotsa fun combo'ed with flurry ... when it worked. Unfortunately, this was about 1:100, so it didn't really pay off, although as Zorin said, it was sweet against CMs.

2) Since this I made this temp after I dropped a swordsman-based stacker temp, I didn't feel like grinding the pistols line so I stayed with 4400 fencer which I already had (or something like that, can't remember which lines exactly). The fencer combo only provided an extra +20 posture down defense opposed to the pistoleer line, so I eventually grinded the pistol line and got up in medic.

3) This was as good as it could get for me. I had no effective secondary defenses but I could atleast heal seriously (done this with jedi in mind only, as those were the dervish spam days). Armed with stim-D's, I could tank up to 3 jedi (max I got to "test"), and last indefinitely if it weren't for a lucky dizzy/kd.

Pre-CU: Master rifleman, some medic, and CH.
it was a blast when I first started playing. i grinded master rifleman up faster than I should've (lots of school days lost because i refused to get off at night. ugh). And in the pokemon wars too. yeah, good times. especially doing solo runs to Bestine with those sludge panthers.
later in the year, before CU, i switched over to swordsman.

CU: i changed back and forth, but really stayed toward melee. I love it, and fell in love with the template i pvp'd 24/7 with was master swordsman (damn! my memory. i friggen forgot) some doc, some fencer?... argh, i wish they never changed it. anyways, it was fun. I so had a passion for Master Swordsman /cry
master swordsman/4004 doc/4301 fencer? something like that. this'll bug me for awhile

Very early Pre-CU (first 4-5 months) the best template hands down was:

BH xx2x
Master Pistoleer
Smuggler xx4x
Novice Medic (for Stim B's)

Before comp armor was widespread and before all the mind pool madness, you could 1-shot people with Last Ditch. I hardly lost a duel unless it was someone with the same template. The usual combo was Low Blow to LD, LD --> death. It was all possible with a Krayt enhanced, triple sliced Scatter pistol. Those had some insane speed.

Then after patch 7 or 8, everyone started either defense stacking with TKA or taking up CM/Rifles. pretty much the end of that template.

Very early Pre-CU (first 4-5 months) the best template hands down was:

BH xx2x
Master Pistoleer
Smuggler xx4x
Novice Medic (for Stim B's)

Before comp armor was widespread and before all the mind pool madness, you could 1-shot people with Last Ditch. I hardly lost a duel unless it was someone with the same template. The usual combo was Low Blow to LD, LD --> death. It was all possible with a Krayt enhanced, triple sliced Scatter pistol. Those had some insane speed.

Then after patch 7 or 8, everyone started either defense stacking with TKA or taking up CM/Rifles. pretty much the end of that template.

i think fencer/pisols with all the dodge stacking was probably one of the best templates before they put in a defense cap. you wouldnt see any damage above your head, all you would see is -dodge--dodge- -dodge- -dodge- -dodge- -dodge- lol

btw who are you?? lol :p

Once I had a legendary tissue scatter/legen. geo combo, 3440 fencer MPistols 0040 BH was pretty solid. Even if everyone was stacking mad defense, the few shots that got through hurt like hell. Was worse for Jedi, 1.5k stopping shots consistently.

Tk Master, Rifle Master, Fencer 4040 (I think?). Then after Jedis hit big I rolled TK Master, Brawler Master, Swords Master, Fencer 3040 (I think...). Invincible.

Back