Equilibrium Vs Matrix

Equilibrium Vs Matrix

• Matrix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • equilibrium

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Should be a surprise to see how many people have seen Equilibrium.

I saw it, and thought it was pretty cool. It's just tough to beat the original Matrix movie. So I voted Matrix.

i havent watched equilibrium yet but i used to love the matrix......

i say used to because since watching the sequels (which were shockingly bad) it seems to have tainted the great film that the original was for me. its a shame as they could have done so much with the ideas they came up with in the original and instead just screwed it up all over (reminiscent of something else close to most of us here perhaps???)

I vote equilibrium, I had a girlfriend tell me it was awesome and made me go get it at the store one night. Matrix was 20 bucks and Equilibrium was 30 bucks......I wanted to hate it, but i thought it was good.

Equilibrium forever and ever.

Who knows why this movie missed theatres in the US? :)

There was a guy who used to play SWG that based his in game character off that movie, his name is Zoli Zold.

Dont know what kinda of a budget the film had but with a little more money it could have been a big box office hit..

Awersome film!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Esinoth @ Apr 16 2006, 04:29 PM) [snapback]71249[/snapback][/center]
Dont know what kinda of a budget the film had but with a little more money it could have been a big box office hit..

Awersome film!
[/b]

lol your alt was named after it too...prozium was the drug they used to supress emotions right?

Equilibrium... matrix was great, but I just saw equilibrium at the store and thought 'this might be ok... if not, a funny b movie to mock' and I was blown away.

Both awesome movies. Now if christian bale had been neo... :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tavasha @ Apr 16 2006, 11:52 AM) [snapback]71267[/snapback][/center]
Equilibrium... matrix was great, but I just saw equilibrium at the store and thought 'this might be ok... if not, a funny b movie to mock' and I was blown away.

Both awesome movies. Now if christian bale had been neo... :D
[/b]

Im a Sean Bean fan, 006 FTW!

If we are talking about Action- Equilirium hands down.
Main character - Equilibrium
Storyline -Matrix might have won that battle, but equilibrium also did a hella nice job.

Personally, I think that Gunkada was the coolest thing ever to grace action movies. The matrix was pretty good, but it was all in slomo. Equilibrium did everything in real life at full speed with little specail effects. I remember after seeing the scene with Bale fighting over the dog I let out the most joyful giggle and had a little kid's smile on my face, it was that awesome. And after the movie you want to watch it over just so you can pay closer attention to the action. The matrix never really did that for me. Add onto that hand to hand gunfighting, God Equlibrium kicks ass. And it had quite nice acting too. Fun thing to do is watch the movie with director commentary, you get to hear just how cheap the movie really was to make, which is amazing. I really don't think the movie needed any more money during the creation, but had they had some money for advertising then I think EVERYONE would be saying "Matrix what?" now, either that or the Brothers might have made better sequels.

Which brings up the point that the matrix sequils were pure crap, but that is to be understood because the first one was the brother's take on old philosophy whereas the later two were IMO just put out to make some more cash and capatolize on a hit. They were made for the masses, not made for the brothers themselves.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Apr 16 2006, 05:20 PM) [snapback]71258[/snapback][/center]
lol your alt was named after it too...prozium was the drug they used to supress emotions right?
[/b]

Yeah :D

One thing that pissed me off about equilibrium is in the director's commentary the director was planning on making a seperate action movie that also revolved around the Gunkada form of fighting. I have yet to see it though, and it has been quite some time :(

The concept of equalibrium definatly beats the matrix by far. I could see that happening one day. Equalibrium was an all around on the edge of your seat movie while I was onyl like that for the last 45mins of the matrix. Dont get me wrong I love the first matrix but I vote equalibrium for plot and background.

Back