• My name doesn't have a meaning except from being my name

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zanaiomih

The magic never ends...
What does your name mean?
(If you don't want to reveal your RL name, just say what it means)
What's the origin of your name?
Do you know why your parents picked it?
How was it given to you? (Name party, baptism, naming ritual or...?)

:)

Last edited:
What does your name mean? My name is Jenny and it means: white, fair and smooth (amongst other things)
What's the origin of your name? It's Cornish
Do you know why your parents picked it? My grandma's aunt had this name and she and I took effection to eachother right away. My parents really liked her, so I'm named after her. I have two other names as well, one was giving to me from my godmother, and the other from my mother. Then I have a last name which is from my parents, my dad's side. Yes, I have four names in total! ^_^
How was it given to you? I was baptist (sp?)

My name is Jodi, and it means rewarding.

I don't remember the origin, but it's probably from Judah.

My parents wanted something different and unique. At the time the name Jodi with an I was pretty unique. Because they took such care with it, I often will correct people who misspell it. Not as much for me, but for my parents.

If I remember right, my parents stayed up all night thinking up names at a drive-in or something. If I was boy, I would have been Josh.

Wyatt. Old English meaning war strength

There has been one per generation in my family going back over 300 years.

It was my grandfathers name.

How was it given to you? (Name party, baptism, naming ritual or...?) When I was born they put it on the birth certificate.

Katherine, means pure and changed.

However in Japan I was called Kaiko, which means Shell Child.

Katherine is from the Greek Goddess Hecate, Goddess of Wilderness and Childbirth. Also, from the Greek word that stands for Torture.

As for Kaiko, kai means shell and ko means child.

I have no idea why I was named that.

Kaiko was because I kept to myself, introverted.

How was it given to you? (Name party, baptism, naming ritual or...?) Don't know.

Kaiko is a nickname that my mother and friends use, since they had some trouble pronouncing Katherine. It was my semiofficial name over there. All my Japanese friends call me that nowadays.

Christopher - Means leader simply put, other meanings of the name, is that of the traveller.
David - my middle name, is taken from Saint David, the Patron Saint of Wales.

Apparently it was my great-grand fathers.

They told me I just looked liked a Christopher when I was born, so thats why they choose it.

How was it given to you?
It was err made offical in church, I do not remember I was quite young :huh:.

i have no idea about any of the questions......

oh apart from the last one which is how most kids are given a name - via a birth certificate signed by parents :p....

What does your name mean? Sarra *Jean*- Princess *God is gracious*
What's the origin of your name? Hebrew/Hebrew
Do you know why your parents picked it? Dad picked it and the middle name I was named after my grandma. Mom picked the same middle name because it was her best friends name. So I was stuck with Jean either way. Sarra is a Biblical name and my brother has a Biblical name too, but normal spelling
How was it given to you? (Name party, baptism, naming ritual or...?) They kind a threw it on the birth certificate when I was born :p

What does your name mean? Ryan "little king"
What's the origin of your name? English or Gaelic

Brandon........Means "from the Beacon Hill"
Teutonic
Mom and Dad's favorite actor (and still to this day) is Marlon Brando.......so they tacked an "n" on the back of his last name and there you have it......Brandon. My middle name "Lee" (yes yes I know.....haha...whatever :) ) is a family thing passed down generation to generation for as long as anyone can remember.......now my son carries on that tradition, as will his son, hopefully (and yes it is a male thing in my family)
When I was born the parents printed it out clearly on the Birth Certificate........

Just as an aside I went ahead and looked up my boy and girl's names.........they are "God is my Strength" for my boy, Gabe and "The River of Judgement" for my daughter Jordi (shortened versions of both thier names.........what we call em around the house). Picked my boys name straight out of the bible......The Archangel Gabriel and my girls name my wife picked.

Last edited:
Brandon........Means "from the Beacon Hill"
Teutonic
Mom and Dad's favorite actor (and still to this day) is Marlon Brando.......so they tacked an "n" on the back of his last name and there you have it......Brandon. My middle name "Lee" (yes yes I know.....haha...whatever :) ) is a family thing passed down generation to generation for as long as anyone can remember.......now my son carries on that tradition, as will his son, hopefully (and yes it is a male thing in my family)
When I was born the parents printed it out clearly on the Birth Certificate........

Just as an aside I went ahead and looked up my boy and girl's names.........they are "God is my Strength" for my boy, Gabe and "The River of Judgement" for my daughter Jordi (shortened versions of both thier names.........what we call em around the house). Picked my boys name straight out of the bible......The Archangel Gabriel and my girls name my wife picked.
Interesting :) For some reason I really like biblical names.

Jessica - He sees, or God Sees.

Hebrew, Jesca from the Old Testament

My grandfather is named Jesse, so I was named after him.

How was it given to you?
Um.. When I was born.

My name means warrior king, a khan that brings clans together. My father gave it to me as I was born in the same day of one of the greatest victories in Turkish history which opened Anatolia to Turks where Alpaslan with around 15000 warriors met an army of Bizantium led by Constantin of far larger numbers and was victorious.

I was also given a nick name of Hamza by friends who was the uncle of Probhet and known as Esedullah which means Allah's Lion becouse of my fierce nature. :p

Name: Michael

What does your name mean? Who is like God?
What's the origin of your name? Extended form of Micha, meaning "Who is like God?". Michael is the name of several characters in the Old Testament. It is most famously that of one of the archangels, the one closest to God, who has the responsability of carrying out God's judgements. Michael is regarded as the leader of the heavenly host and is the patron saint of soldiers.
Do you know why your parents picked it? Was Named after my uncle

How was it given to you? (Name party, baptism, naming ritual or...?) Just wrote in on my birth certificate. :)

Michael is such a common name (i think its the most popular boy name). Most of my friends and some family call me Cole (my last name).:p

*edited* i checked and its the second most popular boy name :(

Last edited:
Name: Michael

What does your name mean? Who is like God?
What's the origin of your name? Extended form of Micha, meaning "Who is like God?". Michael is the name of several characters in the Old Testament. It is most famously that of one of the archangels, the one closest to God, who has the responsability of carrying out God's judgements. Michael is regarded as the leader of the heavenly host and is the patron saint of soldiers.
Do you know why your parents picked it? Was Named after my uncle

How was it given to you? (Name party, baptism, naming ritual or...?) Just wrote in on my birth certificate. :)

Michael is such a common name (i think its the most popular boy name). Most of my friends and some family call me Cole (my last name).:p

*edited* i checked and its the second most popular boy name :(
I thought John was the most common. :mellow:
Funny thing in within the Hispanics living here, Juan is one of the most common names.
Juan is John in Spanish. :lol:

(If you don't want to reveal your RL name, just say what it means)

Justin, it means Justice
The Catholic Saint Justin I think
Because
When I was born

Back