Votes: 2 8.0%
  • First aid kit

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Other - what in that case?

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

zanaiomih

The magic never ends...
What would you bring to a deserted island in a relativly warm area on the planet? And why?
-No contact with civilazation for a year
-Too far to swim to mainland (More then 700 miles)

Also, if you pick one person to bring a long, who would it be, and why? :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: Must be someone you personally know, and things you can carry with you yourself ;)

Last edited:
I went with hard liquor as it may provide essential calories. Since it is an island, one can assume that it is surrounded by water and a desalinization device may be crafted for fresh water. Did I mention 24/7 party time?

merr... one person?

I hate choosing favorites.

Probably Ringo Starr, since I could kill him and nobody would know.

merr... one person?

I hate choosing favorites.

Probably Ringo Starr, since I could kill him and nobody would know.

I went with a knife because with a good sharp knife you can do anything,

Cut wood to make a fire with sticks, kill and skin things, make a shelter, etc.

I went with a knife for the same reasons as Bananaman.

Person? I'd probably bring along Les Stroud from Survivorman. I don't think I would go wrong with bringing him because he seems to know everything about the outdoors imaginable.

I edited it some, no survivor expert, unless you know them in person ;)

I picked hard liquer as Zanax. Hard liquer is very good for desinfection (even if some plants can be used for that), wouldn't drink it since it dehydrates you. It can also help to start a fire.
It's very common to find fresh water on an island, and if not, one can use moss or lichen to filter the salt water (or filter your own pee). Something sharp one can make out of stones and wood. Matches is no need, I know how to make a fire without them, just takes time. Good rope can be made out of grass if nothing else.

As of person, I'd pick an old male friend of mine that is fit, rather well trained, knows how to skin animals and he is a hunter. He is also 'cool under fire', so he wont panic in hard situations, and he got basic surviving skills as I. (Plus he is an 'old ex of mine', so I kow him, and we 'work well together')

Trivia: I've always wanted to go out in the wilderness and 'survive' for about a month or so during the summer. Just bring a few necessery things, and then live in the wild. Might actually go for it this summer :)

Last edited:
:)

That sounds like a great adventure - just don't anywhere with Malaysian pirates.

I was going to say, "I'd bring Zana, because she made this poll and obviously know the correct answer" but that would be too easy.

That sounds like a great adventure - just don't anywhere with Malaysian pirates.
lol, I'd do it in Sweden. Here I know my grounds at least some, and if something were to happen it would most likely be somewhere around here :)

There isn't really a right or wrong answer....all depends on your pre-knowledge :) But yes, liquer is what I've learnt that one should take out of these.

lol, I'd do it in Sweden. Here I know my grounds at least some, and if something were to happen it would most likely be somewhere around here :)

There isn't really a right or wrong answer....all depends on your pre-knowledge :) But yes, liquer is what I've learnt that one should take out of these.

Aye, liquor and I are very well acquainted :)

Indeed.

For example, when I was in college, we went camping. The men and I were gathering firewood. One of my fraternity brothers found a superb piece of wood. It just so happened to be covered in FIRE ANTS, to which he is allergic. Fortunately, I had my good friend Mr. Stolichnaya! I applied my precious stoli's sparingly to his arm to lift the poison toward the surface as to allow time to get him to the hospital.

I also enjoy consuming alcohol.

PS - in vino veritas :D

Indeed.

For example, when I was in college, we went camping. The men and I were gathering firewood. One of my fraternity brothers found a superb piece of wood. It just so happened to be covered in FIRE ANTS, to which he is allergic. Fortunately, I had my good friend Mr. Stolichnaya! I applied my precious stoli's sparingly to his arm to lift the poison toward the surface as to allow time to get him to the hospital.
Hmm, interesting.
I also enjoy consuming alcohol.
Makes two of us, even if I'm not a large/ nor that frequent consumer :)

I was going to say, "I'd bring Zana, because she made this poll and obviously know the correct answer" but that would be too easy.
:lol: I always take the easy route. :p

I would take Zana, Mikalale, Ker-ri, Maryna as just some. :wub: :devil:
Yes that's more than 1 but I am keeping my options open to who would turn me down. :blush: :p ^_^

And I would take a laptop with Wireless access. ;)

I choose other, with my katana I would be ok.

Now for person... I dunno... Who you think I should choose? *giggle*

i would take a solar powered house with me which was fully equipped with all the stuff a normal house would have :D

and someone to take - anyone hot because you just know at some point over the year their barriers are going to break down. resistance is futile

Back