Cowboy Bebop film

Keanu Reeves is taking on another sci-fi mission for 20th Century Fox. The "Day the Earth Stood Still" star is attached to topline a live-action bigscreen adaptation of the Japanese anime TV series "Cowboy Bebop" for the studio.

Reeves will take on the role of Spike Spiegel, an adventurous bounty hunter traveling through space in 2071.

Story follows the adventures of a group of bounty hunters traveling on their spaceship, the Bebop. Peter Craig has been tapped to write the screenplay.

Sunrise Inc., which produces the anime series, will be closely involved with the development of the English-language project. Sunrise's Kenji Uchida and Shinichiro Watanabe will serve as associate producers alongside series writer Keiko Nobumoto. Series producer Masahiko Minami will serve as a production consultant.

Erwin Stoff ("The Day the Earth Stood Still") is producing through his 3 Arts banner. Joshua Long will exec produce.

The television series first aired on Tokyo TV and Wowow in 1998. It eventually aired in the U.S. as part of Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block.

Keanu Reeves will star in a bigscreen, live-action version of Japanese anime TV series 'Cowboy Bebop' for Fox.

Ker-ri will be interested in this. I got to quite like Cowboy Bebop after it was on constant repeat here. :lol:
I kinda wish Reeves would go back and do a Bill and Ted type thing though. Something less serious for a change.

Wow. :blink:

Sunrise Inc., which produces the anime series, will be closely involved with the development of the English-language project. Sunrise's Kenji Uchida and Shinichiro Watanabe will serve as associate producers alongside series writer Keiko Nobumoto. Series producer Masahiko Minami will serve as a production consultant.

Hopefully they will actually listen to what these guys say and arn't doing this just to please fans otherwise. I really don't have any high hopes for *any* remakes, game adaptions, or anime crossovers anymore but hopefully they won't screw this one to bad.

I'd rather they leave some game adaption or anime cross over movies to really good CGI studios (FF:SW / FF:AC) because atleast the art direction is there as well as the near-unlimitless resources.

I can't really see Keanu Reeves being Spike though.:rolleyes:

Okay, let's break this down:

Keanu Reeves is taking on another sci-fi mission for 20th Century Fox. The "Day the Earth Stood Still" star is attached to topline a live-action bigscreen adaptation of the Japanese anime TV series "Cowboy Bebop" for the studio.

Keanu Reeves is taking on another sci-fi mission for 20th Century Fox.

Keanu Reeves is taking on another sci-fi mission

Keanu Reeves is taking on another

Keanu Reeves is taking

Keanu Reeves

ugh. sounds awful

LOL

He wouldn't really look like Spike, but the movie would look so different from the anime anyway. Honestly, I could think of worse people to fill the role (and better, but that should go without saying).

Okay, let's break this down:

Keanu Reeves is taking on another sci-fi mission for 20th Century Fox.

Keanu Reeves is taking on another sci-fi mission

Keanu Reeves is taking on another

Keanu Reeves is taking

Keanu Reeves

ugh. sounds awful
You are the coolest nerd I ever met

Back