• D&D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shadowrun

• Cyberpunk

• World of Darkness

• Star Wars (Original RPG table top version)

• Some MMO

• Other

• Total voters
Other - Best stand alone RPG is Chrono Trigger for the SNES...

No other game can compare to what that game had in its timeframe... the music was beyond amazing..

Gamespot actually did a mention of this game recently.. recommend everyone checking it out :p

Decided to edit in.. the direct link to the review in gamespot.. save some browsing.. good read too .. i think anyway..

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6147770/index.html

I voted "Some MMO", 'cause honestly some of the most entertaining RPG's I've played were MMO's.

Since it seems this poll is for tabletop RPGs, I'll have to go with SWRPG from West End Games. This was my first RPG, even before I started on D&D.
The best thing about SWRPG was the entire system was based on six-sided dice, that's it... just d6.
It was so simple that way. I had a bag filled with every d6 I could get my hands on.
I believe the d6 system made the game more fun, because in other games you have so many different sided dice and rules and whatnot, in most games I found that people were constantly talking about the rules and 'what they should do' based on the rules... instead of concentrating on having fun.

So, Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game FTW!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ May 26 2006, 06:20 AM) [snapback]81687[/snapback][/center]
Since it seems this poll is for tabletop RPGs, I'll have to go with SWRPG from West End Games. This was my first RPG, even before I started on D&D.
The best thing about SWRPG was the entire system was based on six-sided dice, that's it... just d6.
It was so simple that way. I had a bag filled with every d6 I could get my hands on.
I believe the d6 system made the game more fun, because in other games you have so many different sided dice and rules and whatnot, in most games I found that people were constantly talking about the rules and 'what they should do' based on the rules... instead of concentrating on having fun.

So, Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game FTW!!!
[/b]

The original star wars rpg was way awesome!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ May 26 2006, 08:19 AM) [snapback]81708[/snapback][/center]
Shadowrun baby!
[/b]

Tiv, you are officially cool :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rankin @ May 26 2006, 08:17 AM) [snapback]81707[/snapback][/center]
CarWars/Autoduel - Drive Offensively!
[/b]

AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Car Wars, how could i have forgotten about that one?!?!

I liked Gamma World and Star Frontiers

Though I played more D&D/AD&D than anything else. I even played some Top Secret.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ivor @ May 26 2006, 04:18 AM) [snapback]81682[/snapback][/center]

No other game can compare to what that game had in its timeframe... the music was beyond amazing..

Gamespot actually did a mention of this game recently.. recommend everyone checking it out :p

Decided to edit in.. the direct link to the review in gamespot.. save some browsing.. good read too .. i think anyway..

[/b]

QFE, I actually played Chrono Cross for the PS1 first. Eventually picked up the Special Edition of Final Fantasy 4 (Chrono Trigger came with it, along with some new CG's for the game and a bit more tuned gameplay). Was extremely fun and the storyline was very well done.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ May 26 2006, 08:19 AM) [snapback]81708[/snapback][/center]
Shadowrun baby!
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Voren @ May 27 2006, 03:59 AM) [snapback]82090[/snapback][/center]
Shadowrun was probly my favorite just had a cool combo of sci fi and fantasy
[/b]

awwwwwwwwwwww :D

couples that game together, stay together :D

I have a cat shaman that so totally rocks!!! :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ocrim @ May 26 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]82055[/snapback][/center]
I even played some Top Secret.
[/b]
Top Secret was way cool, just too bad my friends never really cared for it.

I've played DnD for over 20 years, so I voted for it. I've played all editions of it.

I've also played all the other games mentioned, but seem to most return to DnD and Champions :)

(I've played champions almost as long too, since around 3rd edition champions :) )

I voted other. But there are three in particular that I enjoyed. These are all table top My most favorite was Battletech/Mechwarrior I swear I spent 2 grand on them dang books, second favorite would have to be Rifts The system allowed for almost any genre of game to be played wether it was robotech or fantasty and what not. Third would have to be car wars very fun game.

Man I cannot believe non of you played the table top btech or Mechwarrior. :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shellie @ May 31 2006, 01:27 AM) [snapback]83026[/snapback][/center]
Would the original Star Wars tabletop MMO be WEG, GURPS or d20 in this instance?
[/b]
Because we're elitist oldschoolers, I'm gonna have to go with the WEG version. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shellie @ May 31 2006, 01:27 AM) [snapback]83026[/snapback][/center]
Would the original Star Wars tabletop MMO be WEG, GURPS or d20 in this instance?
[/b]

WEG :)

Gurps version....was Gurps...not SW

d20.....is d20......not SW

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ivor @ May 26 2006, 02:18 AM) [snapback]81682[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
Chrono Cross is the Sequel, so is not a stand alone anymore :p
40 years later :)

Back