• Artist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Computer Programmer

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darein

Retired SWG Bounty Hunter
Apparently these are some of the few jobs which might actually fit my personality.

Please pick a job from the list and say why you think it's the best job.

If they tie, pick one at random and then post saying which the other one was and why.

Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Photographer, no doubt!
This is one of my hobbies and something that is a dream job for me. To travel around the world and take pictures of the wildlife our planet has - it would be amazing :wub:
I love the serie 'Planet Earth' :)
(I am a 'semi-artist', but I havent done it in a long while unfortunately)

To sit inside working with/by computers - bleh, got better things to do :p

Last edited:
I picked game designer just because that seems like it would be the most fun and interesting.

Unfortunately the ones where you'd have the best chance of actually making decent money are also the lamest ones like computer programmer (could be fun but 99% likelyhood you have to settle for a job writing accounting software or something else incredibly boring)

...and lots of money does not equal a good job...
If that was the case, I wouldnt be a teacher (In Sweden the salary sucks - pardon the french)
I need a job that is stimulating for my brain and with a lot of variaty :)

Games designer has to be it. It's a fun field to go into, it's something I do, but really my field is games programming. Design work is the fun bit, programming is what i'm just good at, and were they need more people at the moment.

I'm a leader, and it's what I want to do, so I have to imho be capable of doing and knowing abit of everyone i might have to make decisions and input on. :D

Design is the fun and interesting part of the games industry.

Why is Brand Manager in the GI not on the list, danm you, danm you all :D

From the list I would pick Game Designer as they are the ones that trully make the game come alive.

I'm going to be a realist and say Programmer. I'd also say online content, but that's a little harder to get into.

The others SOUND fun, and are a bit of fun, but you really give up quite a bit to do it. Think about 12-14 hour days (OT does not give pay at that level) and not enough money to really cover it.

Dunno, but I get paid for OT, have decent benefits, and I'm an entry level programmer. I'll have bad days once in awhile, but never have to work THAT much for such a prolonged period of time.

they all sorta link to the same thing really, seems like you are goin for game making/anything with arts+computers, I say pick which ever you are best at and steer your strengths into a game makin direction =d

Photographer - see places and capture them forever.

...and lots of money does not equal a good job...
If that was the case, I wouldnt be a teacher (In Sweden the salary sucks - pardon the french)
I need a job that is stimulating for my brain and with a lot of variaty :)

I sentiment exactly. If I wanted a high paying job, I would have stayed in Network Security.

Back