Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twisted Sister

• Pantera (Power Metal album)

• Def Lepard

• Total voters
Umm yeah mid 90's they sold out, sold out = mainstream, mainstream = better sales/ crappy music

Not to mention Master of Puppets is in Rolling stones top 25 albums of all time...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stomis @ Mar 10 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]57411[/snapback][/center]
Umm yeah mid 90's they sold out, sold out = mainstream, mainstream = better sales/ crappy music
[/b]
I agree. I haven't been impressed with more than a song or two on each album they've made since the Black album. But before that, especially ...AJFA, all the songs were kickass...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stomis @ Mar 10 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]57411[/snapback][/center]
Not to mention Master of Puppets is in Rolling stones top 25 albums of all time...
[/b]
Where's your reference for that? I checked Rolling Stone's website, and couldn't find Metallica in the Top 100... actually MoP is at 167.

500 Greatest Albums of All Time - Rolling Stone magazine

Ok what ever, I just wish I had been this age in 86 when that came out, I for one would have given it the time of day. Their music was great in the 80's and to not give them recognition as an 80's metal band just cause they didnt seel out isnt right...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stomis @ Mar 10 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]57436[/snapback][/center]
Ok what ever, I just wish I had been this age in 86 when that came out, I for one would have given it the time of day. Their music was great in the 80's and to not give them recognition as an 80's metal band just cause they didnt seel out isnt right...
[/b]
Can you call them an 80's band and a 90's band? Myself, I'd just keep it to one label, and since their pinnacle of success was in the 90's I'd say they're a 90's band.

Like I said before, not to say that their 80's music was bad, because I think it's the opposite. I think their 80's music is better than the 90's stuff.

Yeah 80's stuff kicked the 90's stuff in the balls. Still I'd call them 80's because anyone witha true appreciation for metal in the 80's new metallica. Plus why would you judge them on their popularity rather than what was better...

iron maidens have the instrumentals... but cannot sing. im a fan of almost everything metallica has done, but i have to stay true to van halen on this one.

I found this line on the Metallica wiki entry... "In June, Metallica will be headlining the Download Festival at Donington Park, England"

Download? Metallica? In the same sentence? Ironic?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Mar 16 2006, 01:41 AM) [snapback]59630[/snapback][/center]
Styx and Dio FTGDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]
I probably shoulda thrown styx on there...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noahTHEpurdy @ Mar 25 2006, 10:04 PM) [snapback]63723[/snapback][/center]
They're not metal and far greater than any of the listed bands :D
[/b]
What would you know you like the NGE

Plus your an annoying seeing as how you try to shoot down anything I post.

Back