APB sold? APB might come back?

djmtott

What's my name again?
http://www.platformnation.com/2010/11/12/all-points-bulletin-is-coming-back/

So far it's the only source I've seen

If Harmonix’s sale wasn’t big enough to spark some interest in the latest buying and selling in the video game industry, add on the latest move by K2 Network and we have a pretty eventful day.
Realtime Studios’ APB: All Points Bulletin earned a notorious reputation for the shortest-lived game on the MMO market. With a record-setting 60-something days of life, many buyers were quick to suffer severe buyer’s remorse. However, the well-crafted shooter may be getting a second chance.

K2 Network announced today that they have purchased Realtime’s blunder for 2.4 million dollars. I’m sure the company is attempting to ignore the fact that their game cost somewhere around $100 million to create and launch. While the directors of APB probably aren’t off the hook for this, the players can at least experience some level of joy in this matter.
The buyer stated their goal is for APB to return to the MMO scene by the end of 2010. As an avid MMO player, I am more than aware of the tentative release schedules of games that are already completed. As such, I don’t expect to be seeing this game until early 2011; that being said, we can still hope for the best. While no official mention has been made regarding the new revenue system for the game, many are supposing that it will introduce a free-to-play model for a potentially free-to-download game.
P*N will report on more regarding this as the story develops and K2 Network releases a larger statement.

I was in the beta for a while, but just something about the controls was just wrong. Can't pinpoint it. It affected the movement tremendously, and vehicular control. Maybe it was the physics. I don't know, but that's what turned me away from it. Shame, it was a fun game. Hopefully Reloaded will fix this.

Stav, the problem with driving in beta and after early release was there was some sort of delay/lag between the time you pressed your keys and when your vehicle responded to your commands. They fixed that in a patch and it worked rather well.

APB is not a game for everyone, and we can debate its problems into infinity. For me I had a lot of fun playing APB. In some cases it felt like the bank robbery scene towards the end of Heat. Standing in the middle of the street with an automatic rifle and having a shootout with enemies hiding behind cars... in some situations it was frickin' epic! I hooked up with a great crew of guys and it was just a blast to play. It's not really a MMO, it's more like a quasi-persistent third-person shooter game with amazing customization options.

the game was actually really great live until the fucked it up with the last patch. If you actually had friends who played the game it was alot of fun to kill people and do missions.

beta was neat and stuff but it was just way to buggy for me to wind up wanting to pick it up at release. the driving was terrible and just aiming/moving in general sucked ass.

Back