Actual system release or marketing scheme?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Jul 4 2006, 11:41 PM) [snapback]92179[/snapback][/center]
how can you call it a HES when its barley anything more then a game console w/ a dvd (or BR) player.
[/b]
I wasn't agreeing that it is going to be a HES, however in the past Sony has made it clear that they would prefer making soemthing that encomposes all of your home entertainment needs. Such as Tivo, DvD player, Game System, hell I think even one time I heard cable TV.

But yeah, all it will be is a machine that plays games and blue ray disks. And I dont see myself buying it.

People are beginning to miss the point here; there is a lot of miss information flying around about the Blue Ray DVD Drive in the Play station 3. The reason that the console contains such a sophisticated drive is that the Next Generation of Games will benefit from its technology. The Blue Ray Drive offers storage up to 40 gigs, and for game developers who want to make better and more immersive games it’s a dream come true.

I tell you this in confidence the price of the PS3 is constantly under review, I realise it’s a bit steep for low income households, and Students, but currently the market conditions show that the price will stay where it is.

Back