7 errors in thinking

Obviously i am not familiar with American education system and I actually asked in my 1st post if there is a system to teach how to think in US.

That being said the thinking process is based on observation and formulating it under a conclusion which is related to logic thus works with understanding of patterns.If one cant do an objective observation he wont be reaching a honest decison but to something he wants to believe which actually enters into a sphere of emotions and ego.

As usual any action is higly relevant by motive and like I said mankind alto an exception is the only kind, capable of acting with no appearent reason. However you dont find that kind of behaviour in a scientific article and since the data given there is very specific and deceptive, and a try to invalidate the natural seek of corelation to data given, I found it amusing to bring evolution as a motive also to mess with Fluffy and others who think the article has a meaning but doesnt want to see the basic fundemental faults found in the logic of evolution. If you are giving a pattern with no corelation like in sample 1, you are giving an example which does not exist in universe thus you are not trying to improve thinking process but try to manipulate it, especially calling it a stupid mistake as the example given is totally pointless in the process of thinking since it does not and can not reach a logical conclusion. Thinking is about logic, any effort to seperate logic from thinking is actually an effort to make people not think in the name of freedom of mind against bias. Bias is a desire, a wish of seeing the evidence/pattern or whatever to prove what is believed to be true thus ignoring any contrary data. Unconcious bias can happen and sometimes needs a great effort and concentration to detect and eliminate it however the samples in the article are some very extreme ones which doesnt help to solve the problem atall.

Some parts of the U.S. education system, and the larger U.S. society, do teach people to think, relentlessly so. In particular, the scientific, technical, and professional education and practice in the upper tiers are highly demanding of both expertise and creativity. Those liberal arts curricula that are not excessively constrained by political ideology also foster critical thinking.

Some secondary and primary education programs prepare children well for critical thinking, but these are constrained on the one hand by test-driven measures of school competence and on the other hand by lowest-common-denominator egalitarianism. The best primary and seconday educations can be had at public schools with the strongest community commitment to education, and at private and religious schools with a tradition of intellectual rigor not subject to the fickle winds of politics and fashion.

Back