17yo rape victim sentenced to death

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlyn @ Feb 10 2006, 05:42 PM) [snapback]43431[/snapback][/center]
taking a life is wrong and leads to very bad karma.

Rape is wrong and I know far more about that than i care to remember or talk about.

The media should be held responsible for its actions and spin is garbage.

and life would be a lot better if we were all a hell of a lot more tollerant of that which we do not understand.

and if I could type this would be a small wonder.
[/b]
Yeah rape is not a good thing and in those backward cultures where they use raping a person as payment for some other issue just makes me shake my head. Rape is all about the feeling of power and the lame fucker that does that is a loser.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allanon @ Feb 11 2006, 08:37 AM) [snapback]43422[/snapback][/center]
They found both warheads for carrying cheicals and chemical agents themselves. Also we know Sadaam used chemical weapons on his own people when he ordered the gassing of the Kurdistan town of Halabja in 1988. He had them. Even if he didn't, there is also evidence he was aiding and abetting terrorists, and for that alone he needed to be removed.
[/b]

I m not saying he doesnt need to be removed, he sure was. Long ago not when US decided to invade Iraq for oil. You kept supporting him knowing he used chemicals but those times he suited your goals, you kept him in his place after 1st gulf war for your ends. Saddam is a criminal, a maniac, a despot.

I for one am not against US playing world police as long as she can act fair.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allanon @ Feb 10 2006, 05:37 PM) [snapback]43422[/snapback][/center]
They found both warheads for carrying cheicals and chemical agents themselves. Also we know Sadaam used chemical weapons on his own people when he ordered the gassing of the Kurdistan town of Halabja in 1988. He had them. Even if he didn't, there is also evidence he was aiding and abetting terrorists, and for that alone he needed to be removed.
[/b]

O.k. let me clear up some of your facts a bit. First of all we allowed him to use chemical weapons on Kurds and Iranians. Infact on UN's website if you dig, you can see where the U.S. blocked on the Security Council, a vote on sanctions on Iraq. The reason we did that is cause we were on Iraq's side fighting Iran. We don't care what our allies do as long as they are our allies. What wound up happening was a Presidential Censure got issued, which cannot be vetoed which is basically a big nothing. Secondly, where do you think they got those weapons from? Our country.

Now on the subject of Hussein supporting terrorist. I am not sure which terrorists you are talking about. If you mean Bin Laden that is another spin by the U.S. war machine. Al Qaeda was operating in Iraq. But they were in the Northern area controlled by the Kurds, who were running that area since the area was divided by the Northern and Souther No fly zones. Hussein did not control the Northern part. Hussein would not want to work with Al Qaeda cause he was a dictator that did NOT share power but ruled with an iron fist. The terrorists he did "support" was the ones fighting Israel. Now if that was our excuse for going to war that they support terrorists then we should go into Syria and Iran then? I am not a pussy when it comes to war but when I fight a war, i have to be 100% i feel it is justified cause to me, when you make war the gloves come off. Afghanistan I believed in going into cause those were the people who attacked us. Iraq did not, nor did the try to get aluminum tubes. Know one thing. Your government will lie to you to get what they want.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RSCIW @ Feb 10 2006, 11:57 PM) [snapback]43470[/snapback][/center]
did I miss anything here?
suddenly Islam here, Western there
everywhere over this forum?

^^
[/b]

nope itis just the usual mad housemix of politics, religion and the s word.
I love this place i truly do.

Oh I know we allowed him to remain back during the Iran/Iraq war. Not saying it was right, but we did it. The bigger threat to our national security back then was Iran, and we took the lesser of two evils (at the time) so to speak.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allanon @ Feb 11 2006, 09:01 AM) [snapback]43480[/snapback][/center]
Oh I know we allowed him to remain back during the Iran/Iraq war. Not saying it was right, but we did it. The bigger threat to our national security back then was Iran, and we took the lesser of two evils (at the time) so to speak.
[/b]

Iran is not a threat to your national security. Your politics are making Iran a threat to your security.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allanon @ Feb 10 2006, 06:01 PM) [snapback]43480[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
No Iran wasn't the threat it was the fact Russia was backing them and well, back in the Cold War days, Russia and US fought each other by using other countries. 2 Big kids on the block is how I viewed the Cold War.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 11 2006, 09:06 AM) [snapback]43494[/snapback][/center]
Iran is not a threat to your national security. Your politics are making Iran a threat to your security.
[/b]
I was referring to then, not now. But Iran certainly is a threat atm, more to the region than the the U.S.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 11 2006, 09:07 AM) [snapback]43496[/snapback][/center]
No Iran wasn't the threat it was the fact Russia was backing them and well, back in the Cold War days, Russia and US fought each other by using other countries. 2 Big kids on the block is how I viewed the Cold War.
[/b]
Ok, be technical about it. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allanon @ Feb 10 2006, 06:13 PM) [snapback]43510[/snapback][/center]
Ok, be technical about it. :p
[/b]
I find when people aren't being technical about things is how we wind up in Iraq. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 06:06 PM) [snapback]43494[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
I don't know about that. An unstable middle east is a very real threat to American security. Iran calling for Israel to be "wiped off the map" in one breath and in the next breath saying, "oh yeah we would like a nuclear arsenal" is not a good thing for the world's security.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Feb 11 2006, 09:15 AM) [snapback]43518[/snapback][/center]
I don't know about that. An unstable middle east is a very real threat to American security. Iran calling for Israel to be "wiped off the map" in one breath and in the next breath saying, "oh yeah we would like a nuclear arsenal" is not a good thing for the world's security.
[/b]
indeed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Feb 10 2006, 06:15 PM) [snapback]43518[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
Actually let me tell you one thing. Israel can wipe Iran off the map. I really like Israel. If someone fucks with them they bury them. Israel will take care of Iran without needing our help. Israel has a better trained army than the U.S. by far. You know that when we ship over military equipment they dismantle them and rebuild them so they work? Patroit Missle system was one such device they did that too lol.

The only threat to the United States is China and some crazy fucking terrorist cell attacking us with a suitcase bomb.

from what I hear often (don't know if it's true), lots of armies are better trained than the US.
the only advantage the US has, is the sheer amount of soldiers...

but for harder stuff, you ask for our KSK ;)
(all hardcore Commandos btw...)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RSCIW @ Feb 11 2006, 12:28 AM) [snapback]43549[/snapback][/center]
from what I hear often (don't know if it's true), lots of armies are better trained than the US.

[/b]

and you have serous Nukes. That's just very scary.

I repeat once again, Iran is not a threat to US national security. Your politics are making her a threat.
Lets look at US-Iran relations.

1st mistake-Iran was governed by Pehlevi family who were despots and they oppressed muslims to keep the control. Humeyni was exiled. U.S openly supported Shah.

2nd mistake Iranian ppl rioted against the despot, CIA and US still tried to support Shah, they failed.

3rd mistake US tried to freeze the funds of the country which is considered as a piracy by Iranian ppl, Iran took US embassy staff as hostages till the funds r released. US tried a military operation to rescue hostages which failed miserably.

4th mistake To this day US is boykotting Iran

I am not even talking about issues with Israel yet, I will come to that later but the importance of the subject needs a whole thread. Furthermore during all those wars between Israel and Arabs Iran never partook directly as they are not arabs, they are persians. Its safe to assume your country has enuf qualified ppl to make this threat evaluation and knows how the current nations regards others, including the hostilities between sects and nations. If you want to know on the subject I can tell the differences between S.Arabia and Iran.

Lets concentrate on this first then we can come to nuclear power and arsenal.

muslims hate jews, and the other way around...

but I would like to know the origins of the hate, as till now I actually never bothered to check out why (too lazy ;) )

someone has info?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RSCIW @ Feb 11 2006, 09:28 AM) [snapback]43549[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
I dunno where you heard that, but I'm pretty sure it isn't true. I have family in the military, and they've told me how much training they had to go thru. Plus, I've read a few articles on the topic, and the U.S. reportedly has the best trained armed forces the world has seen since the Roman Army. Now, what you may have heard is that our standard Army may not be as highly trained, but I wouldn't trade them for any other foot soldiers in the world. Then you have the specialized divisions like the Rangers, SEAL's, and the fabled Delta Forces. Not to mention the Marines, who go thru nigh special forces quality training for land, sea, and air.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RSCIW @ Feb 11 2006, 09:35 AM) [snapback]43564[/snapback][/center]
muslims hate jews, and the other way around...

but I would like to know the origins of the hate, as till now I actually never bothered to check out why (too lazy ;) )

someone has info?
[/b]

A BIG WRONG, fundemental wrong. Muslims dont hate jews, Muslims hate Israel. Its the root of problem. Becoz of the way how Israel is founded.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 11 2006, 09:22 AM) [snapback]43532[/snapback][/center]
Actually let me tell you one thing. Israel can wipe Iran off the map. I really like Israel. If someone fucks with them they bury them. Israel will take care of Iran without needing our help. Israel has a better trained army than the U.S. by far. You know that when we ship over military equipment they dismantle them and rebuild them so they work? Patroit Missle system was one such device they did that too lol.

The only threat to the United States is China and some crazy fucking terrorist cell attacking us with a suitcase bomb.
[/b]
I agree, Israel is very proficient at taking care of herself. However, consider this. Iran has learned from the past and what the Israeli's are capable of. The nuclear facilities they have now will be deep underground and their locations a closely gaurded secret. It will not be so easy this time.

Back