17yo rape victim sentenced to death

I don't know about anyone else but I for one would've loved to see this girl acquitted of all charges. That guy got what was coming to him IMO. Self defense would've been enough to get her off in the US.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allanon @ Feb 11 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]43565[/snapback][/center]
I dunno where you heard that, but I'm pretty sure it isn't true. I have family in the military, and they've told me how much training they had to go thru. Plus, I've read a few articles on the topic, and the U.S. reportedly has the best trained armed forces the world has seen since the Roman Army. Now, what you may have heard is that our standard Army may not be as highly trained, but I wouldn't trade them for any other foot soldiers in the world. Then you have the specialized divisions like the Rangers, SEAL's, and the fabled Delta Forces. Not to mention the Marines, who go thru nigh special forces quality training for land, sea, and air.
[/b]

Hehe its all about national pride. There is one criteria in warfare. The more u practice and/or drill the better u r at war. Israel is in constant alarm status. They dont have the luxury to be relaxed, however there are many elements to military readiness and there are many elements in an armed force.

The best special units on earth are British, they are the ones actually who train U.S special forces, the concept started with 2nd WW when British used commandoes to attack German installations behind enemy lines. They are now called SAS.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 11 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]43578[/snapback][/center]
Hehe its all about national pride. There is one criteria in warfare. The more u practice and/or drill the better u r at war. Israel is in constant alarm status. They dont have the luxury to be relaxed, however there are many elements to military readiness and there are many elements in an armed force.

The best special units on earth are British, they are the ones actually who train U.S special forces, the concept started with 2nd WW when British used commandoes to attack German installations behind enemy lines. They are now called SAS.
[/b]
But wait, aren't there a written code of the Rules of War...
/sarcasm off

There are no rules in war... face it, its been like that since the dawn of time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 11 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]43578[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
Agreed that Israel is always in combat-ready mode, and for it they are very, very good soldiers. I'm pretty sure Krav Maga is a standard part of their training as well. I dunno about the Brits having the best spec ops. I know the U.S.'s most elite unit, Delta Force, was modeled after the SAS. But the US government doesnt even officially acknowledge Delta's existence...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 05:43 PM) [snapback]43578[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

I'm not into military stuff that good, as I never went to military (just because I didn't want to cut my hair off, and for certain other reasons...)

in an official study or comparison somewhere (damn, I should get more infos, incl. links :( ) I read that our KSK outweighs the SAS, not much, but it's better then them...

if anyone finds info, lemme know (best would be PM wise, as these threads here getting more pages faster than I can say "new page" )

yeah, but speaking with muslims, they say, they hate jews generally...
(half my family is muslim...)

Allanon: Krav Maga is part of the Israelian army training

Hehe does sputnik sendrome rings a bell? Anyways its pointless to argue who can piss futher. I am just stating the info I know.

And once again muslims dont hate jews. In our history you cant find any violance directed at them till they started Israel project. It goes back to beginning of 19th century. I will start a new thread about how Israel was formed and there we can discuss whats the core of the problem.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 11 2006, 12:56 AM) [snapback]43601[/snapback][/center]
Hehe does sputnik sendrome rings a bell? Anyways its pointless to argue who can piss futher. I am just stating the info I know.

And once again muslims dont hate jews. In our history you cant find any violance directed at them till they started Israel project. It goes back to beginning of 19th century. I will start a new thread about how Israel was formed and there we can discuss whats the core of the problem.
[/b]

I would be interested in that , I know absolutly almost nothing about it and i don't understand the situation at all.

( yeah I know i could read up on it but you know there are only so many hours in the day)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]43601[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
Fundementally the issue is about some dirt. But it has become about Jewish state being there which translates into who the people are that are on that land which is Jews. So it is safe to say Muslims hate Jews cause of the fact they have land which everyone in the brother claims is there. Also, I find it funny that all these Arab governments say we are doing it for the Palestinians yet the palestinians that live in their countries are so poor and treated like scum. For example I find it amusing that it is easier for a palestinian to leave from the Israeli side than it is to get into the Jordan side. Once again the Palestinians are being used as pawns. Infact the PLO has horded all those riches that the US and other countries gave in relief aid for the Palestinian people. And that is why Hamas won the elections cause Hamas is closer to the common people than the PLO is currently.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 11 2006, 10:03 AM) [snapback]43614[/snapback][/center]
Fundementally the issue is about some dirt. But it has become about Jewish state being there which translates into who the people are that are on that land which is Jews. So it is safe to say Muslims hate Jews cause of the fact they have land which everyone in the brother claims is there. Also, I find it funny that all these Arab governments say we are doing it for the Palestinians yet the palestinians that live in their countries are so poor and treated like scum. For example I find it amusing that it is easier for a palestinian to leave from the Israeli side than it is to get into the Jordan side. Once again the Palestinians are being used as pawns. Infact the PLO has horded all those riches that the US and other countries gave in relief aid for the Palestinian people. And that is why Hamas won the elections cause Hamas is closer to the common people than the PLO is currently.
[/b]

The goverment level is something else the core of the problem is something else. Like I said in a previous post, after 1st WW an artificial Middle East map was prepared by mainly U.K. and France. Arabs dont have nation state tradition. They were nomadic tribes which doesnt trust each other. In the past muslims had ummet tradition instead of holding nations in the 1st place. Its mostly English plan and trick to break that to divide them. However altho its broken in government lvl it is not broken in mere human lvl. Muslims dont hate jews, muslims dont hate christians even after crusades. Even after Richard the lionheart massacred 3000 prisoners of war in Akka although he made an agreement with Selahaddin Eyyubi to release them.

None of the current islam nation's are elected, they are there by force. Turkey is stripped fm its Islamic heritage, and trying to reclaim it. Caliphate was removed for this reason.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 10 2006, 07:03 PM) [snapback]43614[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

Biblically, it goes back to Abraham's two sons, Isaac and Ishmael starting in Gen 16

Ishmael was the son of Abraham and his wife's servant
Isaac was the son of Abraham and his wife, Sarah

Isaac was the favored son, even though he was 2nd born, because he was the legitimate heir to Israel and God's covenant.
Ishmael and his mother were exiled after Isaac's birth, into the desert to die. They survived and he supposedly went on to be the father of the Arab world. So according to the KJV, the hatred between the two goes way back to a sibling rivalry between Abraham's first two sons.

You guys are overanalyzing the situation.

This relates to the violence over the cartoon. It just goes to show the level of intelligence and humanity of the people that are committing such acts.

Back