Windows Vista

its new enhancements to make your pc more "microsofty"...

speaking of microsofty wheres drew been ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 6 2006, 07:19 AM) [snapback]22889[/snapback][/center]
its new enhancements to make your pc more "microsofty"...

speaking of microsofty wheres drew been ?
[/b]

bah thats from me ... damn login ;p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Jan 6 2006, 07:48 AM) [snapback]22929[/snapback][/center]
Or mac.
[/b]

I prefer Mac OS, over PC OS any day. :mellow:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Jan 5 2006, 05:03 PM) [snapback]22960[/snapback][/center]
I prefer Mac OS, over PC OS any day. :mellow:
[/b]
I would prefer Mac but I was brainwashed early by Bill Gates.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Jan 6 2006, 08:12 AM) [snapback]22978[/snapback][/center]
I would prefer Mac but I was brainwashed early by Bill Gates.
[/b]

El-D Gates :mellow:

Top 20 Ways Microsoft Would Change The Auto Industry

20. The radio would be computerized, but you'd need to install 64 Meg of RAM, a new sound card, a game card, a new video driver, a CD drive, and type C:\radio\talk\rush*.* to get it to play.
19. The entire engine wouldn't be in the bay at once, and the car would have to keep stopping and starting to load in the relevant parts.

18. The speedometer would read 70 even though you are only doing 50.

17. You would have to have a full service every 500 miles.

16. Your car would refuse to start with a message "Abort, Retry, Fail?"

15. For some reason the engine controller would need a 1G hard disc and would take 5 minutes to boot up.

14. The steering wheel would be replaced with a mouse and you'd need to memorize the keyboard short-cut for "Brake".

13. A particular model year of car wouldn't be available until after that year- instead of before it.

12. They wouldn't build their own engines but form a cartel with their engine supplier. The latest engine would have 16 cylinders, multi-point fuel injection and 4 turbos, but it would be a side-valve design so you could use Model-T Ford parts on it. There would be an "Engium Pro" with bigger turbos, but it would be slower on most existing roads.

11. The air bag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.

10. New seats would require everyone to have the same butt size.

9. We would all have to switch to Microsoft Gas.

8. The U.S. government would be forced to rebuild all of the roads for Microsoft cars; they will drive on the old roads, but they run very slowly.

7. The oil, alternator, gas and engine warning lights would be replaced by a single 'General Car Fault' warning light.

6. Sun MotorSystems would make a car that was solar-powered, twice as reliable and five times as fast, but would run on only 5% of the roads.

5. You would be constantly pressured to upgrade your car.

4. You could have only one person in the car at a time, unless you bought a Car95 or CarNT -- but then you would have to buy ten more seats and a new engine.

3. Occasionally, your car would die for NO apparent reason and you would have to restart it. Strangely, you would just accept this as normal.

3a. Occasionally, executing a maneuver would cause your car to stop and fail to restart and you'd have to re-install the engine. For some strange reason, you'd just accept this, too.

2. Every time the lines of the road were repainted, you would have to buy a new car.

1. People would get excited about the new features of the latest Microsoft cars, forgetting that these same features had been available from other car makers for years.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Jan 6 2006, 08:14 AM) [snapback]22982[/snapback][/center]
Top 20 Ways Microsoft Would Change The Auto Industry

20. The radio would be computerized, but you'd need to install 64 Meg of RAM, a new sound card, a game card, a new video driver, a CD drive, and type C:\radio\talk\rush*.* to get it to play.
19. The entire engine wouldn't be in the bay at once, and the car would have to keep stopping and starting to load in the relevant parts.

18. The speedometer would read 70 even though you are only doing 50.

17. You would have to have a full service every 500 miles.

16. Your car would refuse to start with a message "Abort, Retry, Fail?"

15. For some reason the engine controller would need a 1G hard disc and would take 5 minutes to boot up.

14. The steering wheel would be replaced with a mouse and you'd need to memorize the keyboard short-cut for "Brake".

13. A particular model year of car wouldn't be available until after that year- instead of before it.

12. They wouldn't build their own engines but form a cartel with their engine supplier. The latest engine would have 16 cylinders, multi-point fuel injection and 4 turbos, but it would be a side-valve design so you could use Model-T Ford parts on it. There would be an "Engium Pro" with bigger turbos, but it would be slower on most existing roads.

11. The air bag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.

10. New seats would require everyone to have the same butt size.

9. We would all have to switch to Microsoft Gas.

8. The U.S. government would be forced to rebuild all of the roads for Microsoft cars; they will drive on the old roads, but they run very slowly.

7. The oil, alternator, gas and engine warning lights would be replaced by a single 'General Car Fault' warning light.

6. Sun MotorSystems would make a car that was solar-powered, twice as reliable and five times as fast, but would run on only 5% of the roads.

5. You would be constantly pressured to upgrade your car.

4. You could have only one person in the car at a time, unless you bought a Car95 or CarNT -- but then you would have to buy ten more seats and a new engine.

3. Occasionally, your car would die for NO apparent reason and you would have to restart it. Strangely, you would just accept this as normal.

3a. Occasionally, executing a maneuver would cause your car to stop and fail to restart and you'd have to re-install the engine. For some strange reason, you'd just accept this, too.

2. Every time the lines of the road were repainted, you would have to buy a new car.

1. People would get excited about the new features of the latest Microsoft cars, forgetting that these same features had been available from other car makers for years.
[/b]

So true!

I don't know if i would spend money on that. XP doesn't crash like the other versions, and that is all that really bugged me. Might as well wait until the price goes way down, or steal it from someone else.... :p

I find it funny that it took them 7 years to finally get Aero to work. It was originally supposed to come out in windows XP but countless failed attempts shelved the idea.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Jan 5 2006, 07:29 PM) [snapback]23107[/snapback][/center]
I find it funny that it took them 7 years to finally get Aero to work. It was originally supposed to come out in windows XP but countless failed attempts shelved the idea.
[/b]
rofl great icon. i'm reporting u to the mod!!!!

Back on topic. :)
I haven't tried it myself yet. (it's still not available to the public and I stopped working with supporting M$ products ... six years ago, and my brother is still happy with 2000 as a desktop OS)
While I was visiting a customer for a networkrelated issue, I overheard a conversation. And the guy who was testing the OS there was happy with it to say the least. Everything he needed to work worked in the beta. And it was rock solid. It even seems to have some sort of defense against attacks that work by exploiting the fact that ARP isn't stateful.
There is a good reason that Vista is late. It is the first OS under Microsoft's new software development policy. Someone over at Redmond either grew a brain, or developed ears. It's designed to be insanely more modular then the monolithic blob that all the previous OS's were. In other words, it's designed as a series of molules that talk with the kernel.
Now, the major question is, will it be better?
Since it's already good enough to be put to pass testing for real life office environments before it's even available to the public as beta ... my guess is yes. When NT5 (Windows 2000) was at this stage it was not usable in the same way, lots of functionality was missing.
Will it be more of a resource hog? Yes.
Will many people have to upgrade to run it? If you're not playing games, yes. It is far more demanding the the previous ones. You will need a good 3D card to run it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("El-D")[/center]
The steering wheel would be replaced with a mouse and you'd need to memorize the keyboard short-cut for "Brake". [/b]

But... that would rock. :D

Back