Films being remade

The bigwigs are planning on lots of old film remakes. Seems they can't think of new ideas. :rolleyes:

Some of them announced so far are:

Highlander
Robocop
Buck Rogers
Flash Gordon

And they were said as remakes, not new films!

We don't need remakes of Highlander and Robocop! :mad: They were perfect as they were. Just make more films and make them good for once. :mellow:

I can see how making Batman Begins was good as it brought things more in line with the comics but it's not like the origin of McCloud or Robocop was flawed.

Next thing they will say is they are remaking Alien. :dry:

I thought there was a minimum time that had to pass before a movie was remade? I could see Ocean's 11 and 300 considering they were done 50 years ago but mid 80's movies? That's just stupid.

They are plans to make a sequel to It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World and that I hope is a good one. I loved the original.

By remake do you mean digital enhancements and stuff? Highlander doesn't need to be touched at all. That one is a classic. What the hell can you add to Flash Gordon?

I'm one of those sad people that reads a lot, many a book i've read and thought wow that would make a great movie, even to the point where i've put together a cast in my head lol....i'm sure there are great screen writers out there that could adapt them..so i dont know what the deal is..leave the old ones as they are imo :mellow: We should not have to cling to the past for our entertainment....

By remake do you mean digital enhancements and stuff? Highlander doesn't need to be touched at all. That one is a classic. What the hell can you add to Flash Gordon?
Nope. Like a brand new start over. I still don't see how they can do it properly. But the word so far was remake not sequels.

Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers isn't so bad also.
But a Flash movie so soon after the TV show seems odd.

What do you expect? Hollywood is running out of ideas. There are no good directors anymore and the ones that are heralded are just jacking ideas out of Japan anyways.

Even Lucas stole from Kurosawa. So eh, it is whats it is. Next we will see a Glitter remake.

3:10 to Yuma, Batman Begins, and technically the new Bond (storyline started over kinda) were all pretty badass, so remakes seem to be doing better than sequels.

oh i just remembered that they are redoing the initial stargate sg1 episodes. i have no idea why but they are

oh i just remembered that they are redoing the initial stargate sg1 episodes. i have no idea why but they are
They are doing what!! :blink: SG1 is over as a show, why do that?

They are bringing out 1 more DVD film is all I know about. Talk was to make another film more based on the original movie though.

Only remake I'm looking forward to is Dune. Hopefully it won't be much of a remake of that 1980's piece of trash that they put out with the Dune name on it. Hopefully it'll be more along the lines of the Sci-Fi Channels version but longer with less stuff from the book cut out.

They should remake Stomp the Yard. Except you replace all the black men with white police officers and the yard will be played by black men.

Back