• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zanaiomih

The magic never ends...
As the title says:
Would you considder having plastic surgery? Why? Why not?
Have you had it? In that case why?
Would you admit it if you had it? Why? Why not?

EDIT: I'm talking about the plastic surgery you do for looks and beauty, not because of an accident etc

i said maybe because i wouldn't do it now but if i were in a accident leaving me disfigured id most likely get some plasic surgery so i could lead a somewhat normal life

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zana @ Nov 26 2006, 04:20 PM) [snapback]134745[/snapback][/center]
As the title says:

[/b]

Sure would consider it.
I would absolutely own up to it.
A lot of my girlfriends who felt selfconscious about their bodies have had several surgeries, ranging from breast implants to tummy tucks, etc.... But all of them were smart enough to research and find the best surgeon possible. Not one of em is unhappy. Because they feel whole inside finally!

Yeah, for me it would completely depend on if it was life-saving.

Otherwise, no. For one, I'm not sure I could afford it. For another, I'd rather just be me.

No, I wouldn't. The only time I'd do it is if I had real problems with something or were in an accident. For example, if I were to get breastcancer and had to cut away one of my boobs, I'd make a "silicon" one instead. And if my boobs were hanging down by the waist, I'd probably go and have them "pulled up" some :p

I do not believe that the self confidence is in the breasts, or the looks. It's a mental thing. If one is completely flat, and want to feel more like a woman by having bigger boobs, sure thats all fine. (Tho there are women with small breasts that are a lot more female and looks more like a women, then some with large boobs). I do not belive one can truely build up the self confidence by getting bigger boobs. I know a few women that has done it, they feel better about themselves to a certain degree, but they are still just as insecure as they were before. Now they just want even bigger ones and think that that is gonna make them feel better... :blink:

Sure, one can feel better about one self with a good looking body, but that's not the real issue here. The real issue is that we set a standard of how a person "should" look instead of accepting everyone for who they are. I'm thin, I have larger boobs then the avarage woman does (in Europe), but I'm still not all happy with my body. I'm sure I'd feel better if I had some adjustments, but deep deep inside me, my mental attitude is what is the problem, not my looks.

Nope, haven't had it.

Yes, of course I would. Nothing to be ashamed of :)

As for facelifts...I hate it, and would never ever considder it! Omg, who wants a dead looking face? A face *should* get wrinkles as time goes by. It shows that you've been living a life, and it's beautiful! :) A face without wrinkles looks dead. And usually when you've done a couple of facelifts, you look dead in the face...no bloodstream etc... *shivers*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Nov 27 2006, 01:10 PM) [snapback]134782[/snapback][/center]
Yeah, for me it would completely depend on if it was life-saving.

Otherwise, no. For one, I'm not sure I could afford it. For another, I'd rather just be me.
[/b]
And that's awesome! ^_^

already had plastic surgery. had to have some sections of my face "rebuilt".
Here's a pic of me the day after the wreck. Not pretty.

Perhaps the poll needs to differentiate between reconstructive surgery and purely aesthetic surgery.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 27 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]134807[/snapback][/center]
Perhaps the poll needs to differentiate between reconstructive surgery and purely aesthetic surgery.
[/b]
Edited ;) I was referring to looks when I started it... :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gomi @ Nov 27 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]134799[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
Ouchy... :hug:

I cant imagine myself ever getting surgery for cosmetic resons. To me surgery if an option of last resort for severe medical problems only. I have had surgery twice int he past first time I was forced into it agaisnt my will, second time was to surgicly remove my wisdom teeth as they never grew out of my gums but where growing into the teeth in front of them under the surface. I did choose that one as it would have caused very serious dental problems for me had I not and was a relatively minor surgery, but even then I refused to let them put me to sleep preferign to stay awake and at least have some contorl over the situation. As a side note I was told you heal faster anyway if you stay awake cause the drugs dont shut down your whole system though im not sure how true that is.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gomi @ Nov 27 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]134799[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

That is rough, my brother had to have his scalp reattached after a wreck that one was not very nice either. In his case though because the damage was under his hair the onyl thing you could really tell once they sewed his scalp back on was his hair dosent grow as thick as it used to anymore.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Nov 27 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]134825[/snapback][/center]
I voted No. :blink:

true beauty comes from within. ^_^
[/b]
Yes! It sure does :D And if you aren't happy inside, it wont help how good you look, you'll still look misarable...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Voren @ Nov 27 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]134815[/snapback][/center]
I cant imagine myself ever getting surgery for cosmetic resons. To me surgery if an option of last resort for severe medical problems only. I have had surgery twice int he past first time I was forced into it agaisnt my will, second time was to surgicly remove my wisdom teeth as they never grew out of my gums but where growing into the teeth in front of them under the surface. I did choose that one as it would have caused very serious dental problems for me had I not and was a relatively minor surgery, but even then I refused to let them put me to sleep preferign to stay awake and at least have some contorl over the situation. As a side note I was told you heal faster anyway if you stay awake cause the drugs dont shut down your whole system though im not sure how true that is.
That is rough, my brother had to have his scalp reattached after a wreck that one was not very nice either. In his case though because the damage was under his hair the onyl thing you could really tell once they sewed his scalp back on was his hair dosent grow as thick as it used to anymore.
[/b]
But isn't this also about you wanting to have control over the situation? Sounds like it...I'm partly like that myself :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zana @ Nov 28 2006, 08:16 AM) [snapback]134867[/snapback][/center]
But isn't this also about you wanting to have control over the situation? Sounds like it...I'm partly like that myself :p
[/b]
Partly, I was forced to have a surgery against my will and for questionable reasons so I am very defensive about that kinda thing, but that said even given total contorl I dont see the need for purely cosmetic surgery and would never want it myself.

Okay, so most people seem to be okay with "necessary" surgery as opposed to aesthetic surgery. What about laser eye surgery? What does that fall under? You could easily make the argument that lasiks, and the like, repair the eye.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 28 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]134943[/snapback][/center]
Okay, so most people seem to be okay with "necessary" surgery as opposed to aesthetic surgery. What about laser eye surgery? What does that fall under? You could easily make the argument that lasiks, and the like, repair the eye.
[/b]
I think it's like "repairing" any other part of the body...*shrug*. Do you repair a broken leg? Yes. So why not an eye? :)

Personally I wouldn't get lasik unless I was completely blind. I wear glasses, but I'm really nervous about anyone going NEAR my eyes. I hate getting eye exams (especially when I have to do glaucoma tests, which are imperative with my diabetes), and couldn't imagine eye surgery.

The surgery that would be difficult for me to decide would be surgery that may or may not be necessary to fix something. So say you are a high risk for breast cancer and there's a 60% chance that you won't get it if you remove your breast. There's still a 40% chance you would get it even afterwards (these are not valid numbers, just an example).

With my teeth, I had a choice to either do a root canal or get them pulled. (Well the first one - the second one was a wisdom tooth and needed to be pulled long before I got it done) The root canal would have saved the tooth, but it was too expensive and too extensive for me to choose.

When I said cosmetics surgery I was referign to anythign thats sole purpose is to alter your apperance though surgery, which I would never do.

Surgery like Lasik isnt something I personally would do right now either, though I can see why some would. I dont mind wearign glasses so much as I would havign somebody slice away little portions of my eye with a laser.

Theres plenty of other surgerys that would fall somewhere between nessary to save oens life and cosmetic as well. It really depends on the persons siuation as to what they would decide there. I personally could potentially get 3 diffrent surgeries right now that would fall into this category but have opted not to (Lasik being one of them).

Back