Will you buy a Playstation 3?

• $499 base version

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $599 loaded version

• None, I'm not buying it

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Sep 7 2006, 02:48 PM) [snapback]114491[/snapback][/center]
There is Mr. Fluffy. The games. If Wii doesn't have fun games what's the purpose of the console? :D

I'll stick with PS3. All the wicked games are there.

There are 2 games that I like from Xbox, there is non in Wii.

There is at least 53 titles that I'm looking up for in the PS3. :D
[/b]

There are tons of fun games coming out for Wii Ms. Kitty, fuck there are fun games going to be out for Wii at launch. I know, I know, no FF, no Kitty.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Sep 8 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]114677[/snapback][/center]
Not sure if you realize this, but the further we get into the future, the more money is put into creating a system and a game. Unlike 20 years ago when it cost like $50,000 to make a game, now it averages around $50,000,000. You can't possibly charge the same price for a game. Which is why video game prices have gone up by $10-$20 in the past 10 years. And they'll keep on going up in price, as long as companies spend much more to make a game. The same applies for consoles.

And now with Blu-Ray and HD-DVD capabilities, you have over 3 times the space to work with on one disc, allowing for much more gameplay, and features, and newer technologies to be packed in on one disc. The price of games and game systems will only go up, because there will always be the reace for better technology, more content, more gameplay, and new features. And anything that is new in the technology sector is obviously expensive. [/b]

They keep going up in price and keep going down in quality. Thanks to MMO's I have rarely bought a stand alone game. The game changes, adds on, evolves and lasts for years all for $15 a month...I'm more then happy to pay it. Will the price of MMO's go up? Sure...I'm sure there will be some company out there that tries to set the presedence by jacking the price and claiming its for the better good of the game ....all that BS, but until that happens, I'll save money and let the crap games be developed and over priced for consoles.

What Stavrose says is true. But the corporations don't set the prices, consumers do. Little concept called "supply and demand". They could make the greatest game ever with super lifelike graphics that costs $10 billion to make, doesn't mean we as a public are willing to spend enough for this thing for them to turn a profit on it.

Personally I'll stick with Wii for fun innovative games at a more affordable price. Who cares about graphics? I mean I always end up playing all the new PC games with the graphics turned down as low as they go cause I have a crappy video card. And it doesn't really make a difference in the gameplay to me.

fuck the PS3, fuck SONY im tired of theyre BULLSHIT and theyre tactics to milk you for your money and the LIES they feed down every single one of theyre loyal fanbois. They are a dying company and theyre are alot of people jumping ship from developing games for that overheating piece of shit. Btw, did sony tell everyone WHY they delayed the system? maybe because of false technoligy? lol

Wii60 FTW

Let's see, I've only ever bought 2 consoles, the 8bit NES and the PS2 a year ago when it was severely discounted. And the games I buy for that I find in yard sales. So no. But I am obviously the odd man out here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Sep 8 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]114677[/snapback][/center]
Not sure if you realize this, but the further we get into the future, the more money is put into creating a system and a game. Unlike 20 years ago when it cost like $50,000 to make a game, now it averages around $50,000,000. You can't possibly charge the same price for a game. Which is why video game prices have gone up by $10-$20 in the past 10 years. And they'll keep on going up in price, as long as companies spend much more to make a game. The same applies for consoles.

And now with Blu-Ray and HD-DVD capabilities, you have over 3 times the space to work with on one disc, allowing for much more gameplay, and features, and newer technologies to be packed in on one disc. The price of games and game systems will only go up, because there will always be the reace for better technology, more content, more gameplay, and new features. And anything that is new in the technology sector is obviously expensive.
[/b]

More space doesn't necessarily mean more content. Just means more space for devs to be sloppy with.

For example, this game is only 96 KB big.

full1.jpg

http://www.theprodukkt.com/kkrieger

Wow, Sovi, I checked that game out, that's amazing it's only 96k. Immagine if those people were working on large commercial projects. Immagine how massive Oblivion could've been.

screw you haters, ill be buying a ps3 asap when its released, and yes ive doen all my research weighed the pros and cons but the ps3 has all the titles i love and the cell processor and nvidia designed "reality synthesizer" chip is too good to pass up. besides i lost all love for nintendo when the cube came out

lol only reason im hating is cause Sony deserved theyre defeat after all the shit theyve pulled from theyre spyware infested CD's to SOE's bullshit with SWG. You should read how arrogant the heads at Sony sound talking about the PS3 it's amazing.

Wii60 FTW

fuck PS3, the over priced piece of crap!!! ok, so it plays blueray- so the fuck what! i dont own 1 blueray disc!! but you know what? i own over 300 dvd discs. now i wonder which system is more appealing to me. hmmmm

and btw i keep hearing "it has all the titles i love", which is nothing more then "they are going to release the same game ive played 100 times.".

How about actually try New, ORIGINAL games. I mean, I thought "final" means last, not 101 sequals. just saying.

Even if I was getting the PS3, I would wait atleast a year to hear if they have for sure fixed any issues/problems/bugs/defects in it (You know damn sure there PS3's will break, just a matter of how and how long)

I went through two PS2s, got the almighty disk read error. I heard with the PS2 slim or whatever the hell it is they fixed that, but there is no way I would spend 500-600 bucks on something that I know has a 30% or more chance of breaking on me.

Wow.. I'm not really going to try and change anyones mind.. but if people are complaining that there old systems are breaking.. that's the funniest shit i've ever heard...

I have Xbox / PS2 / PC... all in the same room all within a 1meter of each other on almost all day.. 24hrs a day.. and not once has any disk overheated.. system overheated.. my discs arent scratched(sp).. all play fine.. yadda yadda..

Heck my friend bought his PS2 the first week they came out.. in left his system on a month straight because he didnt buy a memory card and got far in GT3.. got a card the next month.. saved.. turned off.. works fine still.. lol..

I guess i'm just extremely lucky with getting the right boxes or something.. everything I have console related has has never.. ever got damaged and broken..

or its because I actually take care of my consoles like cleaning them.. keeping dust away.. not letting kids touch them.. etc..

and just for the record.. i'll be getting all 3 of the new consoles after the PS3 is released.. not because I'm some sony lover.. sure I love the playstation most of the games arent bad... but that's not the reason... the reason is cause I'm a fucking gamer and playing video games is what I fucking do..

/rantoff

Back