What's the dumbest law you know of?

zanaiomih

The magic never ends...
There are some old laws that hasn't been changed. Some of them are really really weird, some scary, and some so amusing ^_^
Clicky
Here are a few:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*"Boogers may not be flicked into the wind." (Alabama) :rolleyes:
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*"[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In Delaware you may not sell dead people for money without a license." (Delaware) :eek:
*"
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Beer may not be purchased after midnight on a Sunday, but it may be purchased on Monday. It is illegal to sell Limburger cheese on Sunday." (Texas) ^_^
[/FONT]

I don't know if it counts as a law, but I think the IRS was a dumb idea.

Laws against nudity are the dumbest. It makes people think there's someting wrong with it which only leads to wanting to see it more. If it wasn't for the laws, it wouldn't be such a huge deal to so many people.

"It is illegal to wear a false mustache to church with intent of making someone laugh" (Alabama)

"If a woman to driving your carriage after dark, you must get out and walk 6 yards in front of the carriage with a lantern to warn passers by" (Alabama)

"It is illegal to throw pickles at passers by on Dexter Avenue in the City of Montgomery" (Alabama)

"It is illegal to be seen anywhere in downtown Montgomery with Ice Cream (or Ice Cream Cone) in your back pocket" (Alabama)

Best state in the Union, imo.

Laws against nudity are the dumbest. It makes people think there's someting wrong with it which only leads to wanting to see it more. If it wasn't for the laws, it wouldn't be such a huge deal to so many people.
I agree.

(Utah)

It is illegal not to drink Milk (I guess I am illegal in Utah then)

No one may have sex in the back of an Ambulance if it is responding to an emergency call

(Washington)

All lollipops are banned....... ( I guess no BJ for the guys that's sad) :p

People may not buy a mattress on sundays

(Denmark)

There is a penalty of 20 kr for not reporting when a person has died

(sweden)

You may only own half a meter down in the ground of any land you own

I thourght it would be best not to leave my own country out of the loop here :lol:

I forget where but I read this out of a book a few years bck. It was something along the lines of "dumbest laws".

You cannot have sex with butterflies.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that law is there and I feel sorry for the butterfly.. But how sick and fucking mental do you have to be to do that Lol.. I guess its stupid because someone actually did it. :/

(Utah)

It is illegal not to drink Milk (I guess I am illegal in Utah then)

No one may have sex in the back of an Ambulance if it is responding to an emergency call

(Washington)

All lollipops are banned....... ( I guess no BJ for the guys that's sad) :p

People may not buy a mattress on sundays

(Denmark)

There is a penalty of 20 kr for not reporting when a person has died

(sweden)

You may only own half a meter down in the ground of any land you own

I thourght it would be best not to leave my own country out of the loop here :lol:
lol, I know about that law. It's so silly...technically, someone could make a tunnel down there...:p

This one was always my favorite law here in Oklahoma.............it is funny cause, well..........WE DONT HAVE ANYTHING LARGER THEN A LAKE HERE!!!!!!!!!!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whale hunting is strictly prohibited throughout the entire state of Oklahoma.[/FONT]

This one was always my favorite law here in Oklahoma.............it is funny cause, well..........WE DONT HAVE ANYTHING LARGER THEN A LAKE HERE!!!!!!!!!!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whale hunting is strictly prohibited throughout the entire state of Oklahoma.[/FONT]
lol ^_^

A city ordinance states that a $500 fine will be given to anyone who detonates a nuclear device within city limits.

(california)

wow:eek:

I always found the laws making suicide illegal quite humorous...how exactly do you punish that again?

Mine are from http://dumblaws.com:

CT:
In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce.

Hartford: (inside CT)

You aren't allowed to cross a street while walking on your hands.
You may not educate dogs.
It is illegal for a man to kiss his wife on Sunday.

MA:
Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.
It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath.
A woman can not be on top in sexual activities.
No gorilla is allowed in the back seat of any car.

AL:
It is illegal to maim oneself to escape duty.
It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.
(Auburn)Men who deflower virgins, regardless of age or marital status, may face up to five years in jail.

AK
It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.
(haines) A person may only carry a concealed slingshot if that person has received the appropriate license.

AZ
It is illegal to manufacture imitation cocaine.

Eh, I won't go on - but there are a ton of awesome ones on the site.

What's wrong with all of this is in most cases there were actual events that inspired these laws.

Back