So i just ordered a Netbook...

Sorry dude but thats not a very good choice there. I put alot of research into them before I bought mine. $400 is way pricey too.

I got a 904ha:

9.x in screen
2gig ram
160HD
1.6 atom

$240

Your gonna hate that SSD 40 gigs will fill up so fast.

You should have waited a year and gotten a cell phone with those specs. An atom processor phone made it's debut the other day and should be public by Q3 2009. I can't remember if it was asus, acer, or samsung bit one of those.

Hrmm well a phone with those specs I wouldnt get because I'm stuck in a two year contract with verizon before I can even upgrade my current phone lol. Also Stomis I got the netbook i did mainly for bluetooth support and the SSD. Granted the SSD is only 8 gigs and it comes with a SDHC card that is 32 gigs, but whatever I'm not going to fill up the HDD. :p To be honest Prod gaming wise I haven't played a computer game in a LOOOONG time, gaming on a laptop is something I wouldn't want to do anyway that shit would overheat.

hehe, i remember the days when i used to tell u to sell lemonade to pay for the subs lol

That and saying, "Curse you really need EoF, fucking steal money from you sister already!" lol.

Is this to supplement your desktop while you're away from home?
Is this for school?
What's it for?

Ultimately you are the one who decides if it works for you or not. Yeah, $400 may have been steep, but whatever.

I was thinking about getting one a few months back. It would have been for work, and it would have done everything I needed when away from my office (actually a BIG plus in my line of work). The smaller the better as long as it ran windows. It would have made perfect sense for me and my needs, but then my fiance went and got me a Vaio for xmas. /pfft

These aren't bad machines, it just depends on what you need it for.

It's pretty much to supplement my desktop when I'm not home. When I go over my friends house and need to hop on the internet.

Hmmm...netbook...
Personally, I think my friends' computers work if I really need to jump on the internet and I'm not at home, or my own phone :)

Yeah thats the one downside to my comp is no bluetooth but then again I prefer a wired mouse anyway. Also if I could buy it again I woulda spent the $30 for the 10in screen.

What I find disappointing about mine and other netbooks is:
-54mb/s wireless...
-integrated graphics, and a huge jump in price for a 64mb chip.
-the atom really isnt the strongest processor around, my 2800xp 64 runs much stronger... I'll be picking a new one up when a duo core debus.

Plusses to mine vs other after research
-Fullsized laptop keyboard
-movie theater style speakers aside the screen
-160gig HD upgradable to 320.
-Very nice touch pad
-6 hour battery life (and thats from using it not a claimed spec)

I love my netbook so far. Installing XP on it was a bitch but after that was done it was all good.

I got a like 4-5 year old laptop from my sister a while back when she got her new one. It's got about the same specs as a Netbook, slightly better I guess, it's heavier, but I didn't pay anything for it.

And it runs WoW... kind of. If I go to Dalaran all bets are off until I can get to a good PC.

When I finish school and get a decent job, I plan to get a real gaming laptop just so I can play games on trips without hauling my whole desktop everywhere.

Gaming laptops are meh to me, just because I hate relying on the plugging it in. You'd probably get like 2 hours playing a game on a laptop.

Gaming laptops are meh to me, just because I hate relying on the plugging it in. You'd probably get like 2 hours playing a game on a laptop.

The point isn't taking it with you to play everywhere like a Gameboy, the point is you can take it on long trips without hauling an entire desktop system around. It's small and packs light. And it can double like a netbook if you like, since if you don't play games the battery should last a lot longer.

Back