Is the Site slow?

Anyone else finding WHomies a bit slow recently?
I know it goes up and down but it seems rather slow to open some pages lately. Or is it just me? :confused:

seems like its certain threads ....... but again it could just be that I am impatient :p

It hasn't really seemed any slower to me, but I'm also on wireless so it's hard to tell for sure.

So for some reason, today it does seem slower than usual and I encountered an internal server error while trying to access the other games forum.

So for some reason, today it does seem slower than usual and I encountered an internal server error while trying to access the other games forum.
Yeah I got 1 when trying to reply. Refreshed and it went.

Had that on another Forum. Meant there were some problems causing it to go slow. The Admins had to get the hosters to sort it out.

If people are getting Server Error messages on threads other than the Bump one, can you post where it was here please.

This will help Stav see where the problem may be.
But the original Bump Thread is really sucking the life out of the Forum at times. :lol:

I took down the bump thread because even I was having problems accessing it. Locking and moving it alone took me multiple attempts over 10 minutes. My theory is that people accessing the bump thread bogged down the site in general since it used up so many resources. I hope now that it is down it will help solve the problem. If not, my next two solutions are:

1) perform a hard-delete of the bump thread. Aka, permanently delete it from ever existing.
2) Perform a sitewide forum prune of posts older than 1 year (which i really don't want to do)

Just had the error when I used the back key from the "what are you watching" thread.
So it's not totally gone yet but maybe it will clear up gradually.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@wanderhomies.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Also had it on the "What are you doing" thread. So it's still playing up.

The Quick Reply seems to take longer than it should I think too.
In some cases I have to give up and refresh the thread for it to show properly.

I'll take the blame for starting the bump thread but it's not my fault it got so popular. To top it off I forget who but someone else started a bump thread before mine and for some reason it went unnoticed. :p

just make a tally of how many posts people made in it and start a new one with the tally at the top :p

Back