Invision pissed me off

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
Don't be surprised if the site goes down for a day or so sometime in the near future and a completely new forum software is installed. Very close to switching away from those fuckers and their bullshit :angry: :thrawn: :lightsaber:

They're trying to make me pay $250 because i didn't renew my original license for this year. So if I need support for any of the products, including any upgrades, I gotta buy a new license since with the new version of IPB they redid their licensing and pricing options. They were actually considerate and told me that they would bundle the board, blog, and gallery software into one package for $250 and then the board will only be supported for 6 months, unlike a year on my previous license. But no worries, if i buy their packaged version they will cut the renewal fee in half so I'll save $50 a year! But here's the thing. The Board license renews every 6 months while the blog and gallery licenses renew every year, so in essence they rip me off of $50 a year meaning I won't save jack shit. FUCKERS.

vBulletin on the other hand has a one time license fee of $160 (the $85 version is a lease, and it makes you remove the software from your site after a year, unless you pay $85 more), and it includes a year of updates. The renewal fee is $30 for the entire year. The blog software is $50 extra but has a 2 year contract. The gallery has a Lite version which is free, and a Pro version which is $30, but I don't think we need the pro version.

So, in simple terms...
Continuing with IPB: $249 + $25 every 6 months (but realistically it is $100 a year without their scam)
Switching to vB: $210 + $30 a year

Put the Paypal donation option. Regardless of which way you go. ^_^

So we can at least pitch-in and help. ^_^

I'm not worried about donations. I'm just really pissed at Invision and giving a fair warning if the site goes down and comes back up looking completely different

I don't want to do major overhauls vB and IPB are almost identical in looks and functionality. We'll see, I've cooled off since last night. Odds are I'll stick with what I have till the site breaks down or needs some sort of tech support (which shouldn't be for too long lol).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Mar 15 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]148696[/snapback][/center]
I don't want to do major overhauls vB and IPB are almost identical in looks and functionality. We'll see, I've cooled off since last night. Odds are I'll stick with what I have till the site breaks down or needs some sort of tech support (which shouldn't be for too long lol).
[/b]
:hug:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Mar 15 2007, 02:57 PM) [snapback]148696[/snapback][/center]
Odds are I'll stick with what I have till the site breaks down or needs some sort of tech support (which shouldn't be for too long lol).
[/b]
:lol: Nope just had 1 already!
Clicked on Last click members name area and got this.
mySQL query error: SELECT e.entry_id, e.entry_name FROM ibf_blog_entries e,ibf_blog_blogs b LEFT JOIN ibf_blog_categories bc ON ( e.blog_id=bc.blog_id and e.category_id=bc.category_id ) WHERE e.entry_status='published' AND b.blog_private=0 AND ((bc.blog_id IS NULL) or (bc.category_type = 'public')) AND e.blog_id=b.blog_id

SQL error: Unknown column 'e.blog_id' in 'on clause'
SQL error code:
Date: Thursday 15th of March 2007 09:41:36 AM
[/b]

Usually a sign the site is about to crash! :p :D

FUCK! Last click was working fine like 2 or 3 weeks ago. God dammit. Well shit, you can live without it for now :p

i had an invision board..lots of members...then....some ASSHOLE whom i let be an admin figured out a way to ban the root admin...motherfucker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Mar 15 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]148723[/snapback][/center]
Hey Stav!

*wave* [/b]
Hey kitty :) ^_^
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Me-Likey-Bouncey @ Mar 15 2007, 01:17 PM) [snapback]148733[/snapback][/center]
i had an invision board..lots of members...then....some ASSHOLE whom i let be an admin figured out a way to ban the root admin...motherfucker [/b]
There's an easy way to work around that. Simply use PHPMyAdmin or something in your hosting control panel to edit the users table and change your group to Root Admin from Banned. (usually root admin is group 1)

Back