BAd Valentines dinner

Shaggz1297

so we drive almost an hour to think one greek place we got a gift certificate for, and we call ahead and they tell me they dont do reservation on Val night, so we get there and wait for another hour and 15 mins to get a table. we sit down and -no lie- wait 25 minutes before our waitress comes to our table to get our drink ordered. shes like "oh you already got drinks from the bar, ill be right back" and turns to leave. the drinks we had btw were a sip left of my jaeger shot, and like one or two gulps of my withs bloody mary. so we had to nearly jump outta our booth to catch this lady to tell her we are ready to order, and we do. the menu btw literally had 8 items, including appatizers. then we wait and wait and wait and wait for 55 minutes, then we get our before dinner salade.
Needless to say, we spent close to $65 on the food and drinks, and the waitress got 75? tip. we left and told the people that gave us the card that the place sucked. but the hostess was hot, butevery other waitress there was big and greek.
lol, we left our place at 4:45, and walked out the doors of the restruant at 9:15.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Feb 15 2006, 11:39 AM) [snapback]46026[/snapback][/center]
so we drive almost an hour to think one greek place we got a gift certificate for, and we call ahead and they tell me they dont do reservation on Val night, so we get there and wait for another hour and 15 mins to get a table. we sit down and -no lie- wait 25 minutes before our waitress comes to our table to get our drink ordered. shes like "oh you already got drinks from the bar, ill be right back" and turns to leave. the drinks we had btw were a sip left of my jaeger shot, and like one or two gulps of my withs bloody mary. so we had to nearly jump outta our booth to catch this lady to tell her we are ready to order, and we do. the menu btw literally had 8 items, including appatizers. then we wait and wait and wait and wait for 55 minutes, then we get our before dinner salade.
Needless to say, we spent close to $65 on the food and drinks, and the waitress got 75? tip. we left and told the people that gave us the card that the place sucked. but the hostess was hot, butevery other waitress there was big and greek.
lol, we left our place at 4:45, and walked out the doors of the restruant at 9:15.
[/b]
No offense but your whole story has many issues. First of all, It is Valentines Day, a BUSY day for restaurants. You go in with a McDonald's fast food attitude. I find it quite amusing you blame the waitress who does NOT cook the food for your food taking so long. People are lucky I dont' work in food service I would dip my balls in your soup. Also, find it amusing you used a gift certificate for Valentine's day, not very romantic. To me along the same lines of going to the movies, having your girl go in and open the exit for you. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 16 2006, 02:54 AM) [snapback]46033[/snapback][/center]
No offense but your whole story has many issues. First of all, It is Valentines Day, a BUSY day for restaurants. You go in with a McDonald's fast food attitude. I find it quite amusing you blame the waitress who does NOT cook the food for your food taking so long. People are lucky I dont' work in food service I would dip my balls in your soup. Also, find it amusing you used a gift certificate for Valentine's day, not very romantic. To me along the same lines of going to the movies, having your girl go in and open the exit for you. :D
[/b]

lmfao!!! El-Diablos' secret spice rack :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 16 2006, 02:54 AM) [snapback]46033[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
1. they said it shouldnt be busy. stupid girl on the phone. and stupid me for believing but oh well.
2. i wasnt blaming the waitress for the food taking so long, i was blaming her for being a shitty waitress. I was blaming her cause the "house salad" is a salad in a big tub in back where they just dump it onto the plate. yes, while i was at the bar i personally saw this bucket. I blame the waitress for ignoring us, not checking in to see if we are alright, and for just not caring about her customers.
3. the cooks where good.
4. I dont go in expecting to be seated immediatly. I did not mind the hour wait. I expect when i do get seated however to be treated like a person, not invisable blob of nothing.
5. when your broke and someone gives your wife the gift card, and your wife decides to go do that instead of just sit at home, and after two years of marraige, your too damn tired to give a crap about being romantic. she got the card, she wanted to go. not my idea

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Feb 15 2006, 12:01 PM) [snapback]46038[/snapback][/center]
1. they said it shouldnt be busy. stupid girl on the phone. and stupid me for believing but oh well.
2. i wasnt blaming the waitress for the food taking so long, i was blaming her for being a shitty waitress. I was blaming her cause the "house salad" is a salad in a big tub in back where they just dump it onto the plate. yes, while i was at the bar i personally saw this bucket. I blame the waitress for ignoring us, not checking in to see if we are alright, and for just not caring about her customers.
3. the cooks where good.
4. I dont go in expecting to be seated immediatly. I did not mind the hour wait. I expect when i do get seated however to be treated like a person, not invisable blob of nothing.
5. when your broke and someone gives your wife the gift card, and your wife decides to go do that instead of just sit at home, and after two years of marraige, your too damn tired to give a crap about being romantic. she got the card, she wanted to go. not my idea
[/b]
1. you took responsibility for being naive.

2. you can't blame a waitress for what the management labels a salad. Also, if the place was dead and she was ignoring you I would totally agree she sucks. But the place was busy? Image having 10 tables such as yourself? Food service is a lousy job when you are busy cause every person expects to be treated like they are the only person in the restaurant. Have you at your job ever been bombarded by a bunch of people making demands of you? Pretty overwhelming uh?

3. At least the food was good minus the salad.

4. I also understand that you are a consumer and you feel for your money you should get a great experience. But sometimes those things just don't work out and us as humans have to be a little more understanding. Now like I said if the place was empty, you have every right to be upset.

5. O.k. this is a whole other subject. To me with what you wrote you don't sound very happy to be married. Just cause you have been married for 2 years doesn't mean being romantic is dead. If it is then you will have some later issues with your marriage cause women crave romance no matter how long you have been married. That is the difference between men and women. Most men use romance to get the chick then once you get the chick you stop trying. Kind of like you ran a race to get to the finish line. But with marriage that is where the trying should really begin. Wheither you are tired or not, there are some things you should give a crap about. Fuck I don't believe in Sweetest Day (Hallmark Holiday) but I would just be plain retarded not to plan something romantic for my girlfriend.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 16 2006, 03:23 AM) [snapback]46041[/snapback][/center]

2. you can't blame a waitress for what the management labels a salad. Also, if the place was dead and she was ignoring you I would totally agree she sucks. But the place was busy? Image having 10 tables such as yourself? Food service is a lousy job when you are busy cause every person expects to be treated like they are the only person in the restaurant. Have you at your job ever been bombarded by a bunch of people making demands of you? Pretty overwhelming uh?

4. I also understand that you are a consumer and you feel for your money you should get a great experience. But sometimes those things just don't work out and us as humans have to be a little more understanding. Now like I said if the place was empty, you have every right to be upset.

5. O.k. this is a whole other subject. To me with what you wrote you don't sound very happy to be married. Just cause you have been married for 2 years doesn't mean being romantic is dead. If it is then you will have some later issues with your marriage cause women crave romance no matter how long you have been married. That is the difference between men and women. Most men use romance to get the chick then once you get the chick you stop trying. Kind of like you ran a race to get to the finish line. But with marriage that is where the trying should really begin. Wheither you are tired or not, there are some things you should give a crap about. Fuck I don't believe in Sweetest Day (Hallmark Holiday) but I would just be plain retarded not to plan something romantic for my girlfriend.
[/b]
yeah but she had 4 tables total, including mine, and i didnt see here at those tables either. if it was 10+ tables yeah, but 4 tables, 2 w/ 4 people, 2 w/ 2 people. the whole resturant had 16 tables, and 5 waiters/ess.
and my wife doesnt demand romance, she want other things. and with a 6th mth old, sleep is more up on our list. we have a 6mth old because of romance lol. she doesnt care about romance. she just wants to relax. oh and the salad was good.
but even when your busy, is that an excuse for the waitress not asking if we needed drinks, or to come with the food, plop it down in front of us, turn and leave without saying a word?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Feb 15 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback]46082[/snapback][/center]
yeah but she had 4 tables total, including mine, and i didnt see here at those tables either. if it was 10+ tables yeah, but 4 tables, 2 w/ 4 people, 2 w/ 2 people. the whole resturant had 16 tables, and 5 waiters/ess.
and my wife doesnt demand romance, she want other things. and with a 6th mth old, sleep is more up on our list. we have a 6mth old because of romance lol. she doesnt care about romance. she just wants to relax. oh and the salad was good.
but even when your busy, is that an excuse for the waitress not asking if we needed drinks, or to come with the food, plop it down in front of us, turn and leave without saying a word?
[/b]
That's a no tip :)

hey shaggz- if it makes you feel any better, i spent the entire evening at work...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 16 2006, 03:23 AM) [snapback]46041[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

Dude, I don't care how busy the place was. The waitress coming over for the first time, 25 minutes after you sit down is completely unacceptable. She didn't recognize the drinks were empty, and she didn't check in with their meal or in with the other tables. That's a bad waitress, can't pin that stuff on anyone but her.

<------ Worked in all facets of the resturant buisness during summers in college. I pulled that crap, I wouldn't expect a tip from my table either.

P.S. At the resturants I worked at, the waiters/waitresses made the salads.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Feb 15 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]46082[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
Fact is there are always 3 sides to a story. Your side, her side and the truth. I imagine it is a combination of your and her side of it. I suspect she got overwelmed, and since you said they said there were not going to be that busy, the manager didn't staff properly. Some people don't respond well when overwhelmed.

And trust me, a woman ALWAYS cares about romance. Kind of like when a guy asks a girl what she wants for her birthday and she says nothing? And your child could of been the result of sex not romance. Just cause you have sex with a chick didn't make it romantic for her lol. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 15 2006, 10:06 AM) [snapback]46092[/snapback][/center]
Fact is there are always 3 sides to a story. Your side, her side and the truth. I imagine it is a combination of your and her side of it. I suspect she got overwelmed, and since you said they said there were not going to be that busy, the manager didn't staff properly. Some people don't respond well when overwhelmed.

And trust me, a woman ALWAYS cares about romance. Kind of like when a guy asks a girl what she wants for her birthday and she says nothing? And your child could of been the result of sex not romance. Just cause you have sex with a chick didn't make it romantic for her lol. :p
[/b]
I agree with El-D! :D

Shaggy, you don't need to be too elaborated either. A small detail will suffice. A flower. a greeting card... who knows... ...chocolates!. :eek:
I know that working and then with a child is more work and all you want is to relax. But having someone you love give you something, knowing you were on his mind when he got you that something. That is priceless. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Feb 16 2006, 04:34 AM) [snapback]46105[/snapback][/center]
Shaggy, you don't need to be too elaborated either. A small detail will suffice. A flower. a greeting card... who knows... ...chocolates!. :eek:
I know that working and then with a child is more work and all you want is to relax. But having someone you love give you something, knowing you were on his mind when he got you that something. That is priceless. :)
[/b]
like cooking every night? cleaning every night while she relaxes? putting the baby to sleep so she can go to bed a little early? trust me i do soo much for her one day doesnt mean anything but another day to us.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Feb 16 2006, 04:37 AM) [snapback]46108[/snapback][/center]
like cooking every night? cleaning every night while she relaxes? putting the baby to sleep so she can go to bed a little early? trust me i do soo much for her one day doesnt mean anything but another day to us.
[/b]

same here :D we just try and do something a little more special on valentines day :D i got her awseome beef stew ... she got a nice long shoulder/neck/head rub :) .... then when the kids went to bed :blink: ... nvm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Feb 15 2006, 10:37 AM) [snapback]46108[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
Those are chores, and You help out, that's wicked.
But for that special day.... ....Oh well... ...I for sure would have throw you out the window, sleep in the dog house or somethin' :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Feb 16 2006, 04:51 AM) [snapback]46115[/snapback][/center]
Those are chores, and You help out, that's wicked.
But for that special day.... ....Oh well... ...I for sure would have throw you out the window, sleep in the dog house or somethin' :lol:
[/b]

lmao! nothing says happy valentines day like being throw out of a window :lol:

A greek restaurant in Minnesota? Everyone knows the best Greek restaurants are in Chicago and New York. All others are just hillbillies from Greece who used to be shephards and live in the mountains. BTW, most likely the waitress was annoyed with that evening cause she was getting felt up by all the Greek men taking their Valentine's out for dinner :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Feb 15 2006, 02:10 PM) [snapback]46119[/snapback][/center]
A greek restaurant in Minnesota? Everyone knows the best Greek restaurants are in Chicago and New York. All others are just hillbillies from Greece who used to be shephards and live in the mountains. BTW, most likely the waitress was annoyed with that evening cause she was getting felt up by all the Greek men taking their Valentine's out for dinner :p
[/b]

Like this restaurant?

91ccantore3.jpg

Trust me, I know from both sides, women ALWAYS want romance and it don't have to be everyday, but once in a while and V-day is one day you can make the effort to get off your ass and plan something special. Or she will be banging the first man who does.

for me Valentines day is the WORST. I loath it. A commercialized excuse to be nice for one day out of the year. there is such a sense of obligation, It's valentines day so I hafta be romantic.

I cannot think of anything more crappy than sitting in a restaraunt on V-day watching couples try to be all romantic because they feel they have to be.

It sucks even more when your birthday lands on it, like a Christmas birthday or something. Can neverget spontanious dinner reservations and I am surrounded by commercialized mushyness, pink baloons and paper hearts.

Romance is special when it is unexpected. Flowers because it's Tuesday, or what ever...

not this commercialized Hallmark moment crap.

Back