• PC Torque Sager 9750-v

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alienware Aurora m7700

• Alienware Aurora m9700

• IBuyPower SC-650 SLI

• Other (Make another recomendation that doesn't exceed $4,200)

• Total voters

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
OK, so since my computer is dying, my next comp is gonna be a laptop. Which of these would you get if you were buying one?

please read the specs of each system. Each system has its own advantages, so don't vote by model number

For me If I had the money and I was going by specs I would go with the Ibuypower one Its got the best video set up for gaming out of all of them. That and alienware sucks as a company(past experience).
I wish I could afford two 7900 gtx's sli'ed :D, but you might want to research heat related issues with each model. It would suck to spend that much and have it burn out.

I agree with Prodigy, unless you need it for work away from home and such where a desktop is not possible.

save your money and get a good computer, seriously why u want a laptop? are you starting college?

If i had to choose id pick the alienware.

i want a laptop for school and travel. instead of buying a desktop and a laptop, im just going to get a loaded laptop

If its for uni get a basic standard that can run microsoft office and spend the rest of the money upgrading ur desktop.

yeah tbh id be doing that if i had the money lol

probably works out cheaper that way and also leaves room for upgrading in the future which laptops dont.....

Upgrading my current computer results in the following:
CPU upgrade from P4 2.8Ghz to P4 3.06Ghz: $172.00
Memory Upgrade to 2G from 1GB: Get a new comp, 1GB is the max
New DVD Burner with Lightscribe: $80.00
nVidia GeForce 7950 GX2 1GB PCI Express: $555
Maxtor - Personal Storage 3200 200GB External Hard Drive: $100
Wireless Headset: Somewhere around $150-$300[/b]
thats a minimum of $1000 in upgrades alone, and it really isn't that drastic of an upgrade (2.8 to 3.06, ram stays the same. so basically i'm just paying for a video card, the storage drive, and a headset). So upgrading the desktop and getting a mediocre laptop from a retailer will cost me around $2500. If i was to get a loaded desktop right now, i'd be paying somewhere around $6,000 and $8,500.. A loaded laptop alone would go as high as the m9700 (around $4200).

Back