Use to be a Peyton Manning fan

Timi

Now I'm just sick of him, his brother, and father. I can't tell on Sunday's if I'm watching football or the Mannings anymore. :angry:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Oct 15 2006, 12:36 AM) [snapback]125571[/snapback][/center]
Peyton Manning is going to be the next Dan Marino
[/b]

Don't you dare soil Dan Marino with that comparison.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 14 2006, 11:50 PM) [snapback]125574[/snapback][/center]
Don't you dare soil Dan Marino with that comparison. [/b]
Great QB who will never win a super bowl?

i recognise one thing in this thread and that is the name dan marino. he was in ace ventura :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Oct 15 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]125650[/snapback][/center]
Great QB who will never win a super bowl?
[/b]

Marino played great in big/playoff games, and single handly carried his team to a super bowl (where they were killed by a far superior 49ers team). Something Peyton will never do.

So, please don't compare Peyton with the great Marino.

Manning is not single handedly leading his team to victories? Take Peyton away and the colts are a sub-500 team. He single handedly carried the colts to the playoffs last year. I won't be surprised if he does the same this year

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Oct 16 2006, 01:42 AM) [snapback]125753[/snapback][/center]
Manning is not single handedly leading his team to victories? Take Peyton away and the colts are a sub-500 team. He single handedly carried the colts to the playoffs last year. I won't be surprised if he does the same this year
[/b]

Unlike Marino, Peyton hasn't played a single good football game in the playoffs...EVER.

So, you are going to compared the teams Marino had over the years (absolutely NO running at all, and weak WRs compared to Manning) to the Chicken's? I think I can name at least 5 other NFL quaterbacks that can take that Colts offense and have the same success Peyton has had.

Peyton is a great QB, He chokes in the playoffs, and he isn't nearly great enough to be in the same field as Marino. The one thing Marino and Manning do have in common though is their contempt of their teammates after a loss.

Back