To all Cowboy Fans

Timi

Norv Turner appears to be in the lead to replace Bill Parcells. An NFL source said that the Cowboys are expected to conclude their search soon and that the new coach could be announced Wednesday.
-- Fort Worth Star-Telegram[/b]

LAWLZ!!!!!

Cowboy's fans, innoculate yourselves.

Turner's coming from Oakland and he'll give y'all Raider Syndrome.
You will compulsively suck ass.

Trust me, you don't want it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Feb 1 2007, 04:36 PM) [snapback]142381[/snapback][/center]
His tenure with the Cowboys

TBA!

[/b]

Hee Hee.

There are some people that I just can't believe can keep getting jobs as NFL coaches, not to mention the fact of some guys who are still an NFL coach

183708.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Feb 9 2007, 02:38 AM) [snapback]143349[/snapback][/center]
Wade Phillips is a nice consolation prize.
[/b]

I would have rather had Norv than Wade Phillips. Before you football retards go insulting Norv examine his time in the league as an OC. He is a QB guru.

Now taking his head coaching into account, yes his record blows. But lets look at the teams he coached...

Redpigs -- 3 owners and 3 major philosphy in his time there. What have the redpigs done since he left? Pretty much the same shit.
Raiders -- Al Davis. need I say more? and the raiders have sucked since the Bucs demolished them in the SB.

Overall I am pleased with phillips. He has a winning record and is a master of the 3-4 defense. This is going to be an easy job for any coach considering the talent in place in Dallas. Therefore he better have some quick sucess.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiberious @ Feb 9 2007, 11:23 AM) [snapback]143504[/snapback][/center]
I would have rather had Norv than Wade Phillips. Before you football retards go insulting Norv examine his time in the league as an OC. He is a QB guru.

Now taking his head coaching into account, yes his record blows. But lets look at the teams he coached...

Redpigs -- 3 owners and 3 major philosphy in his time there. What have the redpigs done since he left? Pretty much the same shit.
Raiders -- Al Davis. need I say more? and the raiders have sucked since the Bucs demolished them in the SB.

Overall I am pleased with phillips. He has a winning record and is a master of the 3-4 defense. This is going to be an easy job for any coach considering the talent in place in Dallas. Therefore he better have some quick sucess. [/b]

A quarterback guru? Aikman I'll give you, but give me a break...Heath Shuler, Gus Ferrotte, and Brad Johnson what exactly have they done in the league? Alex Smith? Jury is still out. Turner is a good coordinator and a suck ass head coach.

He was hired in 93 or 94 for the Redskins under Jack Kent Cooke who died in '97 in those three or 4 years he couldn't get the skins anywhere near competitive and Cooke gave Turner everything he wanted to get the Skins going, Cooke adored Turner. Granted Snyder didn't want anything to do with him, but it didn't really matter, the team was anemic for the 6 or 7 years he coached there.

Al Davis? That's no excuse....I believe John Gruden was very successful in the short stint he was the Raiders head coach, hell almost got them into the Superbowl.

Turner, like Parcells were both excellent coaches in their day, but the game has changed and passed them bye. But, just because the game changed past them, does not take away from both their successes of the past.

Turner was a great coach for a while...but not anymore.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Feb 10 2007, 11:54 AM) [snapback]143621[/snapback][/center]
A quarterback guru? Aikman I'll give you, but give me a break...Heath Shuler, Gus Ferrotte, and Brad Johnson what exactly have they done in the league? Alex Smith? Jury is still out. Turner is a good coordinator and a suck ass head coach.

He was hired in 93 or 94 for the Redskins under Jack Kent Cooke who died in '97 in those three or 4 years he couldn't get the skins anywhere near competitive and Cooke gave Turner everything he wanted to get the Skins going, Cooke adored Turner. Granted Snyder didn't want anything to do with him, but it didn't really matter, the team was anemic for the 6 or 7 years he coached there.

Al Davis? That's no excuse....I believe John Gruden was very successful in the short stint he was the Raiders head coach, hell almost got them into the Superbowl.
[/b]

i seem to recall brad johnson winning a super bowl. redskins still suck. and look at the team al davis has built.

Back