Stav, Bears made a trade to my Jets

You're gonna need a lot more than Thomas Jones to reach the big game :)

Thats by far the most normal thing that has happened so far in this NFL post season, steal or not. Considering the league seems to be run by fuckin monkeys with some of the retarded deals going on. Who the hell is Ovie Mughelli? Wasn't Leonard Davis given away by the Cardinals cause he was slow and underachieving? I can understand Ahman Green...he's an old timer. But to spend $50mil on a OT?

Thanks for fucking up the future of the league you greedy fucks...and you dipshit managers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Mar 5 2007, 10:45 PM) [snapback]147142[/snapback][/center]
You're gonna need a lot more than Thomas Jones to reach the big game :)

Thats by far the most normal thing that has happened so far in this NFL post season, steal or not. Considering the league seems to be run by fuckin monkeys with some of the retarded deals going on. Who the hell is Ovie Mughelli? Wasn't Leonard Davis given away by the Cardinals cause he was slow and underachieving? I can understand Ahman Green...he's an old timer. But to spend $50mil on a OT?

Thanks for fucking up the future of the league you greedy fucks...and you dipshit managers.
[/b]

Oh, I would say that one or two good draft picks might be all we need... ;)

yeah, but we have Benson as Jones's backup, so Jones leaving us really doesn't affect us that much. Now Briggs....that's a different story. And if he asks for like 20mil for 5 years and the bears sign him, i'm gonna blow up soldier field

bottom line, it's been a pretty weird post-season. From the free-agency splurge, to just some downright weird decisions. And its not only in football. I've noticed this craziness seeping into baseball as well. The paper said earlier this week that the Cubs' odds at winning a pennant were 4 to 1 while the Sox's odds were 11 to 2. I'm still scratching my head over that one. The world is going mad, I tell you!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Mar 5 2007, 10:55 PM) [snapback]147146[/snapback][/center]
yeah, but we have Benson as Jones's backup, so Jones leaving us really doesn't affect us that much. Now Briggs....that's a different story. And if he asks for like 20mil for 5 years and the bears sign him, i'm gonna blow up soldier field

bottom line, it's been a pretty weird post-season. From the free-agency splurge, to just some downright weird decisions. And its not only in football. I've noticed this craziness seeping into baseball as well. The paper said earlier this week that the Cubs' odds at winning a pennant were 4 to 1 while the Sox's odds were 11 to 2. I'm still scratching my head over that one. The world is going mad, I tell you!
[/b]

Those odds are because the Cubs went on an insane spending spree this offseason where they overpaid for quite few guys. Vegas sees that, and says: Hey I bet a lot of Cubs fans that are overly excited about this year would be willing to bet on the Cubs if we set the odds dumb enough. Sure enough, I bet they reeled in quite a few suckers in with that line.

Oh, I understand that you got Benson, but the thing is you really should not have given up that 2nd round pick along with Jones. That's the part that has everyone head scratching. Essentially the Jets got a full time running back for at least two years and kept two 2nd round picks in the process.

On your other point, yeah, I agree football has been crazy with the free-agency this offseason...I think a lot revolves around the salary cap getting bumped up this year. Teams think they HAVE to spend that money up to the cap on one guy or something. As for baseball, the free agency market has been fucked in that sport for two decades now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Mar 6 2007, 08:28 AM) [snapback]147186[/snapback][/center]
Those odds are because the Cubs went on an insane spending spree this offseason where they overpaid for quite few guys. Vegas sees that, and says: Hey I bet a lot of Cubs fans that are overly excited about this year would be willing to bet on the Cubs if we set the odds dumb enough. Sure enough, I bet they reeled in quite a few suckers in with that line.

Oh, I understand that you got Benson, but the thing is you really should not have given up that 2nd round pick along with Jones. That's the part that has everyone head scratching. Essentially the Jets got a full time running back for at least two years and kept two 2nd round picks in the process.

On your other point, yeah, I agree football has been crazy with the free-agency this offseason...I think a lot revolves around the salary cap getting bumped up this year. Teams think they HAVE to spend that money up to the cap on one guy or something. As for baseball, the free agency market has been fucked in that sport for two decades now. [/b]
Actually, we gave you Jones for our second round pick (#63 overall) for YOUR second round pick (#37 overall). So now one of your second round picks is a really crappy second round pick...but you can also thing of it as a mediocre third round pick :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Mar 6 2007, 10:59 AM) [snapback]147215[/snapback][/center]
Actually, we gave you Jones for our second round pick (#63 overall) for YOUR second round pick (#37 overall). So now one of your second round picks is a really crappy second round pick...but you can also thing of it as a mediocre third round pick :)
[/b]

Right, so the Jets still have two 2nd round picks (#63 & #59) AND a starting RB.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Mar 6 2007, 02:26 PM) [snapback]147270[/snapback][/center]
Yeah, you're right. sorry. My math isn't that good when I wake up :)
[/b]

You guys definitely should of traded Jones (and kept Benson), no one is knocking the Bears for that, it was giving up that second round pick to do it....weird. Who makes the trade/player decisions on the Bears? Is it Lovie, or some other guy?

nobody knows. Lovie ousted Ron Rivera as a defensive coordinator after he didn't get the head coaching job at San Diego. Everyone wondered why the hell he would do that. Turns out it was to free up some salary cap space, cause Lovie asked for more pay, and got it. Bears president Ted Phillips and Lovie weren't best friends this past week with the whole contract negotiation, but suddenly when the contract is made, Lovie, Ted, and Jerry Angelo are all wearing smiling faces and then give away Jones plus the pick. Weird weird stuff. Are they planning on spending some big cash on someone? Briggs is going to leave. They slapped the franchise tag on him as a last resort. Honestly, it's been erratic so far, but it's shown that for each action there is an equal yet opposite reaction. just gotta see what the reaction will be for this most recent trade.

Back