Layoffs FTL

Habanero

When management fails to enable software products to be released, They get to keep their own jobs and lay off the hard working folks who were busting ass to try and release a product.

Whee, just in time for the holidays too.

If any of the good people in the Wanderhomies community happen to work for a company (or know of one) who is in need of Software Quality Assurance professionals, I would be most grateful if you were to send the tip my way.
It does not have to be in California, we are willing to relocate for a good opportunity.

As someone who has supported another individual who was laid off for 6-7 years now on and off, keep looking, keep your spirits up, and remember having a job doesn't make you who you are. YOU make you who you are.

As much as I dislike SOE, I was actually considering looking there. It beats living outdoors. When I was happy with SWG, I perceived working with SOE as a wonderful idea.
Habanero, if you do get a job in there you could be a part of the solution. hope you do :) and either way best of luck im sure they did you a favor and you will be able to find something better

When management fails to enable software products to be released, They get to keep their own jobs and lay off the hard working folks who were busting ass to try and release a product.

Whee, just in time for the holidays too.

If any of the good people in the Wanderhomies community happen to work for a company (or know of one) who is in need of Software Quality Assurance professionals, I would be most grateful if you were to send the tip my way.
It does not have to be in California, we are willing to relocate for a good opportunity.
:hug:

My company is trying to outsource everything but the profits, so I can't help you much directly. I will say, check out the Bay Area, even Santa Cruz. There are likely to be more opportunities there than in Monterey, although the quality of life is over the hills in particular is not as good. Medical technology is reasonably hot right now, and there is a possibility that it will be somewhat immune to the coming recession.

I think EA has a lot of job openings in it's QA department, with plenty in Cali. Check it out.

My company is trying to outsource everything but the profits, so I can't help you much directly. I will say, check out the Bay Area, even Santa Cruz. There are likely to be more opportunities there than in Monterey, although the quality of life is over the hills in particular is not as good. Medical technology is reasonably hot right now, and there is a possibility that it will be somewhat immune to the coming recession.

Indeed. I'm looking anywhere and everywhere, I don't care if I have to move - I might prefer it, hehe. Thanks for the input :)

As someone who has supported another individual who was laid off for 6-7 years now on and off, keep looking, keep your spirits up, and remember having a job doesn't make you who you are. YOU make you who you are.

Thanks Tiv, for the inspiration. It's a bit extra scary for me since I'm the sole earner in the family. I do have 2 interviews next week, so things might not end up being so rough.

Habanero, if you do get a job in there you could be a part of the solution. hope you do :) and either way best of luck im sure they did you a favor and you will be able to find something better

Thanks Farid. I think the only true SWG solution is SWG 2. lol.

I'm sure the next opportunity will be better. They could have done me and the other laid-off folks a bigger favor and let us know it was coming up lol. It was quite the shock to be told we were getting raises in September, only to get layoffs in October.

Back