Hello, and an Invitation!

Tarinth

Greetings everyone! Thanks to Stavrose for letting me join you here. I learned about the site from Tiveria. You guys have built a great community here. It's a real testimonial to how strong the community-aspect of SWG always was.

Because it is players like you--people with strong social bonds with a lot of gaming history--I wanted to extend a personal invitation to join me on an undertaking that I'm a part of. I think it will be special interest to the Wanderhomies, because it solves a problem that I suspect some of you might have: how to keep in touch with people as they change games, servers and guilds. What we created is called GuildCafe, a site for recording your gaming history. You can use it to publish your accomplishments, as well as find other players you might have gamed with before. Some people compare it to "classmates.com" of the MMO universe.

Rather than give you my own profile, I'll point you at Tiveria's since she was kind enough to point me here, and she deserves the credit:

http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Tiveria

You'll see there how you can record your history, and find other players.

I'd like to invite the members of Wanderhomies to take part, and help us build the history of online gaming. I look forward to seeing a few more histories in our database!

Regards,

Tarinth

I welcome you to our site, Tarinth! Sorry for not approving you earlier, I've just been swamped at work and my activity on this site has been minimal :( Thank you for sharing with us your site. I'll be joining after I post this. If you ever need any help of any kind, feel free to let me know. I'm always tinkering away at this site (with me on break until January, my time is limited, but after January 3rd I'll be available most of the time).

Thanks for checking in. I noticed you created a profile. You've done a great job with Wanderhomies BTW. Mad props!

Noah: yeah, there's some similarities. But the main differences are that it's oriented around gaming and game histories--and it's a place you can be comfortable in your alter egos. And also it's not mostly populated by teenagers salivating over the latest boy band.

Welcome to everyone :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Dec 18 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]137143[/snapback][/center]
I welcome you to our site, Tarinth! Sorry for not approving you earlier, I've just been swamped at work and my activity on this site has been minimal :( Thank you for sharing with us your site. I'll be joining after I post this. If you ever need any help of any kind, feel free to let me know. I'm always tinkering away at this site (with me on break until January, my time is limited, but after January 3rd I'll be available most of the time).
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tarinth @ Dec 18 2006, 06:45 PM) [snapback]137122[/snapback][/center]
Greetings everyone! Thanks to Stavrose for letting me join you here. I learned about the site from Tiveria. You guys have built a great community here. It's a real testimonial to how strong the community-aspect of SWG always was.

Because it is players like you--people with strong social bonds with a lot of gaming history--I wanted to extend a personal invitation to join me on an undertaking that I'm a part of. I think it will be special interest to the Wanderhomies, because it solves a problem that I suspect some of you might have: how to keep in touch with people as they change games, servers and guilds. What we created is called GuildCafe, a site for recording your gaming history. You can use it to publish your accomplishments, as well as find other players you might have gamed with before. Some people compare it to "classmates.com" of the MMO universe.

Rather than give you my own profile, I'll point you at Tiveria's since she was kind enough to point me here, and she deserves the credit:

http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Tiveria

You'll see there how you can record your history, and find other players.

I'd like to invite the members of Wanderhomies to take part, and help us build the history of online gaming. I look forward to seeing a few more histories in our database!

Regards,

Tarinth
[/b]

:blush:

I found your site because we received an e-mail at Stratics, and are working with you on it ;)

Couldn't help but sign up and play around with it.

The site is easy to use, and fun to find other gamers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tarinth @ Dec 18 2006, 10:54 PM) [snapback]137144[/snapback][/center]
Noah: yeah, there's some similarities. But the main differences are that it's oriented around gaming and game histories--and it's a place you can be comfortable in your alter egos. And also it's not mostly populated by teenagers salivating over the latest boy band.
[/b]

Boy bands are so 90s.

Back