CMS, Video Integration, Skin Updates, and more!

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
Welcome to the first "big" update of this new site! Here's what the update included (I'll include details further down):
  1. Installed newest version of vB (included 6 months worth of bug fixes)
  2. vBadvanced - Return of the CMS!
  3. Updated skins
  4. Video Embedding
The newest version of vB fixes many bugs and security fixes, and more fully integrates and uses AJAX for the site. Meaning, some site functionality should be more immediate and snappy.

vBadvanced is the portal system you're looking at. It's a lot like the one from the old site way back when, but this one fully integrates with the site skins.

The site skins have been updated. Those of you who were using the vB Dark skin will be very happy, as it has acquired some more functionality (aka, more buttons that weren't there before) and it is also fully XHTML transitional compliant. You might need to re-pick your skin from your User CP.

Lastly, video embedding is here. You can embed Youtube, Google Video, Myspace Video, Ebaums Video, and MetaCafe videos. When replying or posting, you should notice a new icon in the editor toolbar that resembles a camcorder. Simply click on that and paste the URL for the video. For example:

If my video is at http://youtube.com/watch?v=UId74T4gFjk and I want to embed it, i press the little camcorder button and paste that exact URL. The forum will do the rest. Enjoy!

loving the changes stavrose. if you were anywhere near me id give you some cookies i got at the cadbury's chocolate factory

Back