CHEEEEEEEEEEER!

Tiveria

Sheeptastic!
I just have to say WOOOOT!

So when I said my blood sugar was high - I meant it. For the last week and a half or so it started out at around 300. (One day it went up to 363).

This morning (fasting) my Blood Glucose was at 164! The lowest it has been all week at this time!!!!!

WOOT!

With a little dedication, no sugar, and a lot of hugs from friends, anything is possible!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rankin @ Mar 4 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]53817[/snapback][/center]
/makes the case again for testing before and after meals, in the same DAY....
[/b]

Actually. I was scared yesterday because later in the day I started feeling light-headed (like I do when they take my blood). A few hours after I had eaten, no less. So I tested again and it had dropped another 10 points. Had some life-savers and still felt odd the rest of the day. At night I had a couple pieces of wheat toast and felt better that night.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Mar 5 2006, 10:40 AM) [snapback]54003[/snapback][/center]
Actually. I was scared yesterday because later in the day I started feeling light-headed (like I do when they take my blood). A few hours after I had eaten, no less. So I tested again and it had dropped another 10 points. Had some life-savers and still felt odd the rest of the day. At night I had a couple pieces of wheat toast and felt better that night.
[/b]
Its not a 100% bogus excuse to say "your body's just used to running higher". There's just no way to prove it on paper. :) I've had periods like that myself though, after tightening the thumbscrews after a long period of slack or whatever. Whatever "feels low" isn't really low, but its scary enough to make you back off a bit. Don't fall for it. Keep things up and test more.

Things don't often make sense when you look at them a few days later on paper. Hell, I can't even explain half the shit in my logbook to my own doc. They give you that "wtF?" look, and you're like, "well... it made sense to me at the time! ..." Trust me, I know. :)

We both know 155 ain't "low" :) It certainly *felt* like it to you, and that makes sense being the first week, week and a half after being diagnosed. You've been running high for god knows how long - with the thumbscrews a little tighter that you're used to, stuff like this makes a bit more sense. Its a good instinct to test when shit don't feel right though, keep THAT up :)

Um. A little tighter isn't quite what I've been doing. How about 100% turn-around?

I went from a high-fat high caloric high carb lifestyle to one with like 1-2 carbs a day, little-to-no fat, and from probably 3-4k a day to around 1-2k a day. My body is bound to do some strange things.

Does that mean I'm stopping? No. It means I'm letting myself have a piece of whole-grain low-carb (sugar + low carb) high fiber bread once or twice a day. Everything I read says that I should be having two servings or so of startch a day.

Back