"BUT PS3 and/or 360 have sick graphics!!"

Curse

Bored to death... maybe...
Who the fuck cares how clear the graphics can get if the game sucks? It's all about gameplay. I'd rather play a game with squares and dots if it was more entertaining than a game with the fucking Mona Lisa. Why is the gaming industry pushing for graphics when they should be focusing on gameplay? Why does it matter if Master Chief is a little blocky even though Halo is an FPS? It's stupid most people play games to have fun and not sit at the screen staring at a pretty picture. I can understand the need for better graphics in sports games but anything else what the hell is the point?

tbh i think the game developers know this and as far as im concerned, "pretty graphics" are part and parcel of an outstanding game. without them you only get part of the picture and at best a good game if you have the gameplay elements that you are talking about

xbox 360 has stunning gameplay with stunning graphics. I mean i know people rave about gears of war but it really is that good, its like your in a movie for the most part. Rainbow six has awesome graphics, especially on an HD tv and the gameplay is the best its ever been in the series.

There are games on there with ok graphics which are sacrificed for other content, such as dead rising which manages to render over 200-300 enemies on the screen at once. Even that has better than average graphics.

There is also the online play and downloadable content, i mean gears of war alone has a ton of add ons you can download for free and the multiplayer is the most addictive thing ever.

I mean dont get me wrong, i see your point about devs going for graphics over gameplay (im skeptical of Lost Planet which everyone has been raving about).

Oh and the argument between 360 and PS3, it all hangs on this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=62199

I'll let you in on a secret, Xbox 360's graphics are better at the moment than Playstation 3's.

Due to lack of knowledge.

Good graphics will always help make the gaming better. Not all games need it, but for example FPS, RPGs, and Sports. :p

Good graphics are a feature, just like good gameplay. Which is better depends on the tastes of the user.

I've played pretty games that suck ass. The Dreamcast was expert in this genre. :eek:

But ugly games like Super Mario Bros. or Zelda still rock almost 20 years later. And I expect the new Pokemon game for the DS is going to sell big despite crappy 10 year old graphics and a style of gameplay that has changed little over that time.

I can forgive suspect graphics if the game hooks me in. But I like pretty graphics too. I'm sort of in the middle, I guess.

I know some games are great no matter what graphics they have. But to have no option to make better looking games sucks. ^_^

Back