Best NFL team in the last 30 years...

30 years? Hell, you could say Steelers, Redskins, 49ers, Patriots, Broncos and so on....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Oct 31 2006, 07:31 AM) [snapback]129621[/snapback][/center]
30 years? Hell, you could say Steelers, Redskins, 49ers, Patriots, Broncos and so on....
[/b]

way to commit Timi

this is tough. I haven't been around for 30 years, let alone know all the stats of all teams in that time period. 85 bears FTW :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Oct 31 2006, 09:42 AM) [snapback]129675[/snapback][/center]
Steelers.
[/b]

Which ones? The 70 version? The ones that lost to the Switzer era cowboys? Or the ones that inexplicably won the SB last year due to the shitty officiating?

All of them.

I'm not as much picking one year's incarnation of a team, but rather one team over the span of 30 years as the thread suggests.

The number of hall of famers, the amount of success they're had over the years... all points to a great team.

And as far as the super bowl you're talking about... the officiating problems on a few plays doesn't negate the fact that is the Seahawks had played a better game then they wouldn't have been in a position to lose on a few questionable calls.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Oct 30 2006, 08:03 PM) [snapback]129705[/snapback][/center]
All of them.

I'm not as much picking one year's incarnation of a team, but rather one team over the span of 30 years as the thread suggests.

The number of hall of famers, the amount of success they're had over the years... all points to a great team.

And as far as the super bowl you're talking about... the officiating problems on a few plays doesn't negate the fact that is the Seahawks had played a better game then they wouldn't have been in a position to lose on a few questionable calls.
[/b]

Yeah, are we picking the most dominant franchise over the last 30 years, or the single greatest team in the last 30 years?

Franchise, probably Pittsburgh, with the Cowboys a close second.

Single team, that '85 Bears team, no doubt, no question. Were unstoppable that year.

I thought it was clear when I led in with the 92-93 Cowboys. I was thinking in terms of 1 team over 1 year. But if you want to name a franchise feel free.

Back