Backup Any Important Stuff (avatars, PMs, etc)

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
I successfully converted this forum to vBulletin on a sandbox. The conversion was a success but there are some things that I haven't been able to transfer over:
  • Private Messages - Seems like the titles transfer over, but the messages all contain the same message: "array." So back up or export whatever private messages you have or want to save.
  • Avatars, photos, or attachments - If you have any of these you want to save, be sure to do so. vBulletin uses a slightly different tree structure for these, so save them so you can just quickly reupload them when the new forums come up.
  • Signatures - For some messed up reason those aren't transferring. But the good news is, you'll be able to upload your image in the new software, instead of having to host it somewhere else :D
I will try to put a temporary locked down site (like the old swg forums are still up but locked) if anyone forgets anything, so they can always go back, log in, and grab anything that they forgot. Once I get a backup site running, I'll keep it up until the new site is 100% done...meaning the forum, the blogs, and the gallery are functional with the new software. However, you won't be able to post or PM or change anything on the temp site.

I'm not planning to start the site transfer till at least Wednesday or Thursday, so you got time :) vBulletin functions pretty much the same as IPB, so you won't be having to relearn anything. They're pretty much the closest thing to ripoffs of each other :D But I have found that vB works a lot better, has some better features, and is faster and more powerful than IPB. So no, no forum "downgrade" like the SWG forums :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlyn @ Apr 1 2007, 01:41 PM) [snapback]150899[/snapback][/center]
okay I'm dumb...how do I back up my pms?
[/b]
midol and a tampon????

sorry bad joke :devil:

In your Control Panel on the left hand menu there should be a link called "Archive Messages"

Back