MNF broke record viewers...

Fluffy

Vote Stewart/Colbert in '08!
http://www.deadspin.com/sports/espn/espn-r...rage-209992.php

For week 7 on the Monday Night Football TV schedule, the Giants/Cowboys tilt has now become the #1 rated Cable show of all time. Seven of the top eight all time watched shows in cable history are now Monday Night Football.

To say that ESPN got themselves a winner with having MNF on cable is a complete and utter understatement.

Yeah, and it was just announced today that the Bears vs Giants game has been rescheduled for Prime Time on November 12, instead of it being a Sunday game. It will be on NBC and is expected to surpass this Monday's viewership record

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Oct 25 2006, 03:30 PM) [snapback]128361[/snapback][/center]
Yeah, and it was just announced today that the Bears vs Giants game has been rescheduled for Prime Time on November 12, instead of it being a Sunday game. It will be on NBC and is expected to surpass this Monday's viewership record
[/b]

Well, NBC's viewership is a bit higher in general than ESPN's. Seeing each of the first seven episodes for one network occupy 7 of the top 8 spots in cable TV history is something special.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 26 2006, 03:29 AM) [snapback]128313[/snapback][/center]
To say that ESPN got themselves a winner with having MNF on cable is a complete and utter understatement.
[/b]

too bad ESPN's presentation sucks balls

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiberious @ Oct 27 2006, 02:31 PM) [snapback]129003[/snapback][/center]
too bad ESPN's presentation sucks balls
[/b]

I will agree that the commentators suck, but I like how they made the game sort of an event again. I sort of like ESPN's delivery.

Oh, just the Cowboy's fan I was looking for. So, Bledsoe or Romo?

I think pulling Bledsoe in the middle of a MNF game only down by 5 was a mistake. However, might as well call it a season and break in the future QB. Either way the season is already over.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiberious @ Oct 27 2006, 03:53 PM) [snapback]129027[/snapback][/center]
I think pulling Bledsoe in the middle of a MNF game only down by 5 was a mistake. However, might as well call it a season and break in the future QB. Either way the season is already over.
[/b]

You know, you make a shitload more sense than half of the sportcasters talking about the Bledsoe/Romo thing.

I mean, folks keep praising Romo after his "gutsy" performance against the Giants. Wait a sec here, is this the same Romo that throws 3 INTs in a half? The same guy whose stats only look halfway respectable because the Giants literally gave them that final drive of 70 yards and a TD?

Bledsoe throws an INT returned for a TD that costs them the game = Horrible mistake, should be benched
Romo throws an INT returned for a TD that costs them the game = Lots of potential

Perfect.

Yes, I'm just dying to see who the three stooges have in the booth with them this week /rolls eyes

Seriously though MNF sucks, I don't understand how it has the ratings it does. You don't get to watch the game between all the commercials, Jay-Z video premiers, and whatever dumbass guest announcer they have in the booth.

Back