Where did all the computer games go?

lol have you guys seen the 1gb video cards that are out now?

btw why the hell is it going to need THAT much ram?! seriously screw that. i think this is all a massive evil plot by microsoft to get everyone using an xbox and get one in every home

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Jun 5 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]84752[/snapback][/center]
BTW, the requirements are outlined here: http://news.com.com/Microsoft+Set+your+sys...?tag=html.alert

The 40GB HD isn't too bad, but the 1GB RAM, and 128MB Video memory is a bit much. Folks are gonna have to spend a solid grand to get machines to run this bloated crap.
[/b]
That's what I got in Ram on my gaming machine. I would have to upgrade to 2GB, to be able to run Windows and the game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MoobKrad @ Jun 5 2006, 05:33 PM) [snapback]84758[/snapback][/center]
That's what I got in Ram on my gaming machine. I would have to upgrade to 2GB, to be able to run Windows and the game.
[/b]

And that is just the ram, what do you have for a video card, cause normal 256MB graphics cards ain't going to able to handle Vista AND games (you will really notice the machine crying when you "Alt-tab" out).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Jun 5 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]84760[/snapback][/center]
And that is just the ram, what do you have for a video card, cause normal 256MB graphics cards ain't going to able to handle Vista AND games (you will really notice the machine crying when you "Alt-tab" out).
[/b]
I got one of the Radeons, is a 256... gotta check this one cause I really don't remember.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MoobKrad @ Jun 5 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]84762[/snapback][/center]
I got one of the Radeons, is a 256... gotta check this one cause I really don't remember.
[/b]

Yeah, it is what I got...wait till you Alt-tab. It is going to be painful!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Jun 5 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]84765[/snapback][/center]
Yeah, it is what I got...wait till you Alt-tab. It is going to be painful!
[/b]
I'll stay with XP as long as I can.

just watch, i bet MS stop supporting xp 6 months after vista is released because nobody is buying vista. im going to stop using windows altogether if that happens

and then im gunna go buy a ps3 and a psp

and lotus office

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MoobKrad @ Jun 5 2006, 05:40 PM) [snapback]84768[/snapback][/center]
I'll stay with XP as long as I can.
[/b]

Same here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Jun 5 2006, 05:44 PM) [snapback]84770[/snapback][/center]
just watch, i bet MS stop supporting xp 6 months after vista is released because nobody is buying vista. im going to stop using windows altogether if that happens

and then im gunna go buy a ps3 and a psp

and lotus office
[/b]

Eeeeeeep, I hope you are wrong there.

MS already only support XP in there newer stuff. Sometime 2000. Also only USB support for most hardware it seems.
You will find MS Office 2007 etc etc only for Vista soon no doubt. If Halo 2 is Vista only so will Age of Empires games and all MS stuff I bet. Only matter of time before big games companys are Vista only too. :rolleyes:

Also the new Validation tool is catching ppl with Pirate copies of XP out big time!
Sold more copies in the last few months than this time last year I bet.
You can't use any new MS Windows software unless its legal XP. Media Player 11 and Windows Defender are 2 I know of and you can bet future Office products will be the same.

i dont know. i dont think the gaming companies will necessarily follow suit if it means they are going to be making their games for a LOT less people....

i can see that happening if a toned down vista isnt released cos i know a lot of people that arent willing to put up with the hardware reqs for it

and yeah, microsoft wont be supporting xp sp1 after october i think it is

Well I use OpenOffice.Org instead of MS Office. It's smaller, a lot faster, and NO bugs (visible ones at the least).

Firefox and Thunderbird for Browsing and Email.

CDBurnerXPro For all my burning desires... also Open source application.

The only application that is not open source andthat I will continue buying is Adobe Creative Suite.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MoobKrad @ Jun 5 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]84795[/snapback][/center]
Well I use OpenOffice.Org instead of MS Office. It's smaller, a lot faster, and NO bugs (visible ones at the least).

Firefox and Thunderbird for Browsing and Email.

CDBurnerXPro For all my burning desires... also Open source application.

The only application that is not open source andthat I will continue buying is Adobe Creative Suite.
[/b]
Yeah thats cool, but English countryside users are tech noobs. They wouldn't know what the hell Firefox was. :lol: Living in the dark ages. :rolleyes: They recognise the name Microsoft and that's about it.
My customers BELIEVE that Office is a part of XP. And can't understand they have to spend over ?100 to get it, when they've reformatted their PC (cos they screwed it up) to get it back! :rolleyes: :eek:
It's like trying to get blood out of a stone to get a answer from them. :angry:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Jun 5 2006, 11:07 PM) [snapback]84803[/snapback][/center]
yeah but they must be really easy to sell shit too :D
[/b]
Quite the opposite. The ppl around here are as tight as John Smedleys ass with Thunderhearts tongue up it! :lol:
Even worse lately. They bring stuff back because they can't get it working due to their thickness. :angry:
Sadly the damn Internet is killing off small shops like us. This will be a tough month. :(

QFE on that smedley/thunderheart comment rofl

but how ironic it is - informing these people more about how to use computers etc is leading to the people helping out going out of business. do these people have no loyalty?!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Jun 5 2006, 11:12 PM) [snapback]84811[/snapback][/center]
but how ironic it is - informing these people more about how to use computers etc is leading to the people helping out going out of business. do these people have no loyalty?!
[/b]
QFE!!!!

They come into me for advice on stuff they brought on the Net or Dixons etc!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
Some even say they prefer to come to us but then STILL buy from the large places because we just can't compete with the prices.
Sometimes we politely tell them to get stuffed! :angry:
But this is all a different flame. Like Supermarkets vs corner grocers shops. <_<

God I feel like i'm channeling a Rankin Rant! :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Jun 6 2006, 07:35 AM) [snapback]84760[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

Correct you will find the most common solution will be dual PCI-E videocards with SLI so they run in tandem. Oh yeah it is a conspiracy. It has been too long since the last monoplistic OS was dropped on us and we had to upgrade our systems to support that *cough* XP *cough*

Okay I am done now :)

omg wait!!! So does this mean that my alienware won't be, INSTANTLY obsolete? I have two 256 geforce 7900GTs. So that gives me what, like... 2 months? ^_^

Back