4 in 10 adults Video Gamers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lpb8733 @ May 8 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]76967[/snapback][/center]
And SOE thought they had to go after 10-12 year olds to make money.
What a bunch of retards.
[/b]
Most of the gamers, especially online are those that can pay for it... And what others than adults? :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ May 8 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]76982[/snapback][/center]
Most of the gamers, especially online are those that can pay for it... And what others than adults? :p
[/b]

Exactly my point, which leads back to inevitable "WTF were they thinking?" feeling that we got from the NGE. Teens have notoriously short attention spans, why not stick with the age group you know will be able to afford it consistantly, not just on a whim?

Whats ironic about all of this is they ignore the older gaming crowd (raises hand) without ever realizing that most of us are the ones who have MULTIPLE accounts. Hell I know people who had 5 or 6 accounts! I have 2 and was actualy thinking on a third until I heard about NGE. Granted I still have 2 but the one I use month to month only.

either way that was another bad marketing and management decision *sigh*

looks like SOE might have got the samples for their focus groups wrong then :p

and your gf sounds like a noob tutok

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tutok @ May 9 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]77063[/snapback][/center]
Good,
Now i can get my GF off my back that I need to grow up :) [/b]

Tell her that you know at least one woman who is 28 (well almost) and is an avid gamer. If I could, I'd get paid to play.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ May 9 2006, 05:22 AM) [snapback]77032[/snapback][/center]
Whats ironic about all of this is they ignore the older gaming crowd (raises hand) without ever realizing that most of us are the ones who have MULTIPLE accounts. Hell I know people who had 5 or 6 accounts! I have 2 and was actualy thinking on a third until I heard about NGE. Granted I still have 2 but the one I use month to month only.

either way that was another bad marketing and management decision *sigh*
[/b]
There were 2 sweds in my guild with numerous accounts. One had 20 and the other 16. :p
Yeah I think they were rich.
The other 2 sweds had more than 8 each.
Yeah I think they had no life either :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tutok @ May 9 2006, 07:13 AM) [snapback]77063[/snapback][/center]
Good,
Now i can get my GF off my back that I need to grow up :)
[/b]
Show her this forums. :D
Most of us are over 20 :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tutok @ May 9 2006, 07:13 AM) [snapback]77063[/snapback][/center]
Good,
Now i can get my GF off my back that I need to grow up :)
[/b]

That's right, you don't have to grow up. You only have to grow old.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Poldano @ May 10 2006, 04:08 PM) [snapback]77591[/snapback][/center]
That's right, you don't have to grow up. You only have to grow old.
[/b]
Yeah agree, is How old are you, not How grown are you? :blink: That sounds weird.

When people get really old they start to become more like children again - napping more etc.

And anyway, age = maturity is just a social thing, not a fact/requirement set in stone.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darein @ May 10 2006, 05:35 PM) [snapback]77604[/snapback][/center]
When people get really old they start to become more like children again - napping more etc.

And anyway, age = maturity is just a social thing, not a fact/requirement set in stone.
[/b]
:blink:

kids grow up and change the way they see things in life and what they like. adults have already founded their likes and dislikes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zampy @ May 11 2006, 12:15 PM) [snapback]77740[/snapback][/center]
kids grow up and change the way they see things in life and what they like. adults have already founded their likes and dislikes.
[/b]
Not entirely true. You can still learn more likes and dislikes all your life. :p

Back