learning to play a guitar

Oh yeah, and I forgot to add.... (and don't take this pervertedly) PLAY WITH PEOPLE. I learned from a mix of my dad's style (old 60's, Bob Dylan, etc) and my brother (Metallica, etc). It's nice to learn how others perceive music and to implement that into a style of your own.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ianril @ Mar 24 2006, 11:57 PM) [snapback]62960[/snapback][/center]
Oh yeah, and I forgot to add.... (and don't take this pervertedly) PLAY WITH PEOPLE. I learned from a mix of my dad's style (old 60's, Bob Dylan, etc) and my brother (Metallica, etc). It's nice to learn how others perceive music and to implement that into a style of your own.
[/b]
Garage bands as a kid FTW.

like 2 yrs ago my friend tried to teach me, all he wound up doin was playing and not explaining :angry:

so long as you don't end up doing what I did... beautiful takamini classical guitar still sitting in the basement I think I can play 3 chords....

tum tee tum...after owning it for oh... 19 years...

I keep meaning to get around to it...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlyn @ Mar 24 2006, 09:20 AM) [snapback]62975[/snapback][/center]
so long as you don't end up doing what I did... beautiful takamini classical guitar still sitting in the basement I think I can play 3 chords....

tum tee tum...after owning it for oh... 19 years...

I keep meaning to get around to it...
[/b]
thats how i been with my guitar and now gona give it a shot, you should to!! :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlyn @ Mar 25 2006, 03:26 AM) [snapback]63488[/snapback][/center]
that would require I re string the bloody thing!

:)
[/b]
I dont know how to do that but i could get it done just a mile from my house, sam ash up at the mall(music instrument store) but i rather get a new better guitar :p

hey you ain't the boss of me!

:thrawn: is the only person allowed to boss me around :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noahTHEpurdy @ Mar 25 2006, 11:08 AM) [snapback]63570[/snapback][/center]
:thrawn: says, "Hey Merlyn! Play that damn guitar!"
[/b]
QFE

I'm a master guitarist and i'm able to play just about anything that's every been made!!! All i use is my CD player too :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cysha @ Mar 25 2006, 06:44 PM) [snapback]63682[/snapback][/center]
I'm a master guitarist and i'm able to play just about anything that's every been made!!! All i use is my CD player too :D
[/b]
/hug cysha, come play me a song :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noahTHEpurdy @ Mar 25 2006, 06:08 PM) [snapback]63570[/snapback][/center]
:thrawn: says, "Hey Merlyn! Play that damn guitar!"
[/b]

/pout NO!

:thrawn: says, "Due to some internal shuffling of positions I am now Darth Thrawn, and yes, I pay your salary, so get strummin'damn it!"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noahTHEpurdy @ Mar 27 2006, 08:30 AM) [snapback]63956[/snapback][/center]
:thrawn: says, "Due to some internal shuffling of positions I am now Darth Thrawn, and yes, I pay your salary, so get strummin'damn it!"
[/b]

I don't think so!
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :lightsaber:

For some reason I still can't quite fathom I bought a guitar the other week.

I can tune it, but that's about it, must get around to learning to play the damn thing somewhen. I can read music already, but I know guitar tabs are different.

Back