17yo rape victim sentenced to death

Excellent discussion friends. (Even the sex jokes from a few of you *nods to scully*) Hakan never talked to you before but thanks for the insight into muslim factions and a little back ground of the culture over there. Something the main stream press seems to covieniently forget to tell us....stupid press :angry:

Meryl interesting, your right i have heard europeans thinking we were barbaric for the death penalty and yes many americans cannot stand the sexuality content of european tv (not me though) . Always keep this in mind everyone. The US was originally settled (again not counting natives or the occasional viking) by Religious outcasts....EARLY FORMS OF EXTREMISTS. The pilgrims were an example. So our country and yes most of our culture has evolved from Judaeo Christian ethics. You can see this in not only our laws but our society as a whole (I will just use one word CENSORSHIP). This is one of the main reason why some americans hate how open europeans are. For that matter just like in the arab countries, we have many left wing (or left field) religious cults and extremists who yes even want to over throw our government, the only difference it seems though is they commit mass suicide...okay buh bye or they focus their efforts and become a "major religion" How ever never really heard of them performing acts of terrorism to over through government not that they don't stock pile weapons (the davidians in waco texas is an example)

But about the original topic, Rape is wrong. period. If she killed him cause he attacked her good! yes it is murder anyway you look at it but murder in self defense. If she killed him but made up the story ? then she would deserve what ever penalty is issued for that type of act. Again it is a court and yet she wasn't affored a lawyer? hmm even klingons have lawyers....okay bad callback to Startrek VI)

Either way most likely it is a spin to get westerners to hate the islamic religion even more.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 11 2006, 12:32 AM) [snapback]42579[/snapback][/center]
And right there lays the problem...define "normal" for yourself, now define it for other people in MA, then define it for everyone in the US, then in the world. Yeah, sucks huh. There is a population of humans, from all over the world, that think killing is right in "normal" circumstances.
[/b]

There is no right of killing an other guy unless in self-defense. Plain and simple. Execution as a penalty for homicide is a divine order for muslims. It needs strict evidence. Like everything else it can be abused. In some islamic nations penalty for adultry when married also is death, however there is no such order in Islam. Its more of a cultural penalty. Some claim to justify this that there was verses for it and later they are removed which is nonsense. There are many original Qurans intact, the one Osman was reading when he was assasinated is still displayed in Topkapi museum.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 09:34 AM) [snapback]42207[/snapback][/center]
Proganda means are often used to decieve masses to justify acts. Should I need to remind Mass weapons of destruction Bush admin so claimed to exist in Iraq to justify the invasion and they are still not found.

I am starting to think U.S is preparing a new adventure.
[/b]
They found both warheads for carrying cheicals and chemical agents themselves. Also we know Sadaam used chemical weapons on his own people when he ordered the gassing of the Kurdistan town of Halabja in 1988. He had them. Even if he didn't, there is also evidence he was aiding and abetting terrorists, and for that alone he needed to be removed.

taking a life is wrong and leads to very bad karma.

Rape is wrong and I know far more about that than i care to remember or talk about.

The media should be held responsible for its actions and spin is garbage.

and life would be a lot better if we were all a hell of a lot more tollerant of that which we do not understand.

and if I could type this would be a small wonder.

Back