To All Those Muslims Burning & Protesting That Cartoon

They should apologize publicly and remove it.

If you go and put Jesus Christ in a joke or something similar in a newspaper or mainstream media, The christians would do exactly the same thing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Quirk @ Feb 6 2006, 03:25 PM) [snapback]40534[/snapback][/center]
Yeah whats fucked up is it was published like 6 months ago in september.
[/b]
Take into considerations, that it starts with phone calls. Then after no response from the people that initiated this, to organize the movement in several cities of the world takes time. So 6 months is about right. I'm sure muslims called and mailed the newspaper for months before they organized and did this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10705393/

This is a link to a MSNBC story that has a link to the cartoons about halfway down. And I am sorry Artica, I cant take the if they did it with Jesus arguement. I beleive in freedom, this is a form of freedom, no goverment should have to apologize for what a free newspaper does. I dont care if you make a cartoon showing Jesus bent over a couch with satan smiling behind him, it would be your right.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Feb 6 2006, 05:33 PM) [snapback]40537[/snapback][/center]
If you go and put Jesus Christ in a joke or something similar in a newspaper or mainstream media, The christians would do exactly the same thing.
[/b]
While the Christians may be up-in-arms and some may picket, I don't seem them doing this
02.08.gal.syria.ap.jpg

or this

gal.lebanon.gi.jpg

"In the Afghan city of Mihtarlam, two protesters were killed and three others injured -- including two police -- when police fired on a crowd after a man fired shots and others threw stones and knives"
-source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Quirk @ Feb 6 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]40543[/snapback][/center]
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10705393/
This is a link to a MSNBC story that has a link to the cartoons about halfway down. And I am sorry Artica, I cant take the if they did it with Jesus arguement. I beleive in freedom, this is a form of freedom, no goverment should have to apologize for what a free newspaper does. I dont care if you make a cartoon showing Jesus bent over a couch with satan smiling behind him, it would be your right.
[/b]
Not the government, the Newspaper. The source.
Is my right of freedom of speach, yes. But I wont bash a religion in that freedom. I might do so without noticing it, and if someone points me at it, I would rectify it if possible.
But I agree, that's my personal opinion.
The newspaper were I work in has made similar errors were ethnic groups get mad at us and call in. The editor writes up an apology or one of the journalist makes a correction the next day, to rectify it, and the matter dies there. Is quite easy to do so.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drache @ Feb 6 2006, 03:58 PM) [snapback]40556[/snapback][/center]
While the Christians may be up-in-arms and some may picket, I don't seem them doing this

or this

"In the Afghan city of Mihtarlam, two protesters were killed and three others injured -- including two police -- when police fired on a crowd after a man fired shots and others threw stones and knives"
-source
[/b]

By history, you should know Muslims are deadlier than christians. They don't mind dieing for their cause. Even if it means dieing by protecting their country, family, traditions, religion, way of life.
I'm not defending the Muslims, they are wrong too. To go to such extreme measures.
But think about it, who started this?!

I understand that people have free speech, and that people SHOULD NOT riot, but seriously, religion just isn't something people should mock or make fun of. Religious people are very serious about their beliefs, and the middle east has historically been an easy place to start problems, its just in their history.

If i start a "Chrstians Can Go Fuck Themselves" comlumn and start drawing political cartoons of priests molesting little boys and shit, i'm pretty sure there will be protests, if not riots

The real problem is the difference, we allow freedom were most of the Islamic nations do not. I think it might have been in bad taste, but to blame an entire goverment for what a newspaper does, but in Islamic countries newspapers are goverment controled. See how differences are playing a part here. I still think its a little out of hand myself.

If you started a society/religeon in a region where it's 130 degrees in the shade, you end up with a ton of crazy bastards running around too...

it's fucking HOT there! you'd be a fucking lunatic too after a few years...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Quirk @ Feb 6 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]40573[/snapback][/center]
The real problem is the difference, we allow freedom were most of the Islamic nations do not. I think it might have been in bad taste, but to blame an entire goverment for what a newspaper does, but in Islamic countries newspapers are goverment controled. See how differences are playing a part here. I still think its a little out of hand myself.
[/b]
But knowing the consecuences now. One of the things the Danish president could have done, to avoid this problem was shushing the newspaper. Make an apology through the newspaper, and the problem would eventually go away.
Just an idea.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Feb 6 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]40569[/snapback][/center]
If i start a "Chrstians Can Go Fuck Themselves" comlumn and start drawing political cartoons of priests molesting little boys and shit, i'm pretty sure there will be protests, if not riots
[/b]
I'm so sure of it. And the christians in the US can sue you for that :p

I don't know. I have the same take on this as I did the New Orleans people that shot at the rescue helicopters. If you're gonna endanger the lives of the people trying to help you, kiss my ass.

Just another reason both Denmark and the US should withdraw troops from any countries practicing things like this. If they don't want us there, fine.

There's better things our troops could be doing, like spending time with their families.

Yeah, but reporters/newspapers are probably one of the causes for the world being like it is today anyway.

I'm sorry, if you can't take a CARTOON of something that offends you, there are some serious mental issues there, especially if it leads you to kill others. People in general are to easily offended by things IMHO.

Answer me this:

When 9/11 occured, where was the Muslim outrage?
When Islamic terrorists shot and killed schoolchildren in Chechnya (sp?) where was the Muslim outrage?
When Islamic gaurds wouldn't let little girls flee a burning school building because they didnt have on their face shawls, where was the Muslim outrage?

Yet publish some editorial cartoon about Mohammed, and we have riots, burning embassies, overturned cars, and at least one person dead in Afghanistan. And I'm sure you've seen the Muslims signs reading "Europe: Take a lesson from 9/11"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Feb 7 2006, 09:33 AM) [snapback]40537[/snapback][/center]
They should apologize publicly and remove it.

[/b]

I disagree, Jesus gets put in so many cartoons and comics every year that cast Him in a negative light. Yet as others have said, we don't have issues with Christians burning embassies, etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Feb 6 2006, 07:35 PM) [snapback]40578[/snapback][/center]
But knowing the consecuences now. One of the things the Danish president could have done, to avoid this problem was shushing the newspaper. [/b]
Ack! No government should ever "shush" a newspaper at any time.

Artica, are you American? Don't take that as an insult or anything, I'm just wondering. We Americans tend to view Freedom of Expression as an almost religious, fundamental birthright. It would be unusual to see an American argue otherwise.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Feb 6 2006, 07:13 PM) [snapback]40569[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
Protests maybe, but not riots. And you're not describing a comparable situation. The Danish newspaper didn't print a column saying muslims can go fuck themselves. They showed a satirical cartoon depicting Muhammed.

There have been numerous satirical cartoons portraying Jesus.

Hell look at South Park. Look at Buddy Jesus.

South Park had a show called, "Bloody Mary" which was definitely offensive to Christians. Many Christians and religious organizations called in and complained. They didn't burn down Comedy Central. The creators of South Park are not in hiding in fear for their lives like the Danish cartoonists.

Protesting is free speech, no one can really complain about Muslims protesting these cartoons. However, the death threats, the signs saying, "Your 9/11 is coming" and "Freedom go to Hell", the burning embassies, the governments pulling diplomats, is just a sign of how religion is too often a replacement for intellect.

Back