Is Honkey a Bad Word?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Dec 30 2005, 07:20 AM) [snapback]19152[/snapback][/center]
It got edited out on the WH forums...
[/b]

It's considered slanderous. Refereces are made generally to southern individuals, so I can call Gomi a Honkey.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Dec 30 2005, 07:44 AM) [snapback]19183[/snapback][/center]
It's considered slanderous. Refereces are made generally to southern individuals, so I can call Gomi a Honkey.
[/b]

no honkey is more of an all emcompasing word for whitness ..especially the really goofy izod shirt tucked into acid washed jeans side of white folks..you know people that tivo americas funniest home videos

folks in the south are hicks not honkeys ..a different h word altogether :)

heres a few examples

larry the cable guy is a hick

your local tv wetherman is a honkey

aaaand on the serious side words such as this are only offensive ( imo ) when used in malice

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cubby @ Dec 30 2005, 07:52 AM) [snapback]19193[/snapback][/center]
no honkey is more of an all emcompasing word for whitness ..especially the really goofy izod shirt tucked into acid washed jeans side of white folks..you know people that tivo americas funniest home videos

heres a few examples

aaaand on the serious side words such as this are only offensive ( imo ) when used in malice
[/b]

Actually Honkey, Hick, Hillbilly and Cracker are all used for southern references. Say my parents are from Mississippi they are hicks, I'm from Florida so I'm a Cracker, and if you're from WVA you're a Hillbilly, but together we are all Honkeys :blink:

i got 76% dixie ( i spent my first 23 years in alabama /shudder) funny thing however is that although i have a noticable accent outside the south when im back in the south ( and even before i left ) folks there would ask where i am from

btw if you wanna be good in a bar fight ( or at least be in alot of bar fights ) go ahead and get a tatoo of a klansman being hung dead from a tree and live in alabama like me :p lol

That word is a slang term meant to degrade ALL Caucasian people. NOT just southerners... Personally, I think any of the slanerous words for white or black are very immature. Words like that are used because someone cannot spell white (when using words like h**key) or black (when using other idiotic slang terminology). What I do not get is why that someone of the same race can call someone some of these less-than-glamorous terms...BUT when someone of the opposite race says any of those terms to a member of the opposite race, they are racists? Go figure....

i honestly dont care if someone were to call me a honkey ive been called a honkey before from a black chick with a god complex rofl i honestly just laughed in her face then she called me a (deleted) and I lauged even harder which made her pissed and I just walked away :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Dec 29 2005, 05:57 PM) [snapback]19419[/snapback][/center]
i honestly dont care if someone were to call me a honkey ive been called a honkey before from a black chick with a god complex rofl i honestly just laughed in her face then she called me a (deleted) and I lauged even harder which made her pissed and I just walked away :p
[/b]

You understand where I am coming from though, right? lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tharreta @ Dec 30 2005, 09:45 AM) [snapback]19397[/snapback][/center]
That word is a slang term meant to degrade ALL Caucasian people. NOT just southerners... Personally, I think any of the slanerous words for white or black are very immature. Words like that are used because someone cannot spell white (when using words like h**key) or black (when using other idiotic slang terminology). What I do not get is why that someone of the same race can call someone some of these less-than-glamorous terms...BUT when someone of the opposite race says any of those terms to a member of the opposite race, they are racists? Go figure....
[/b]

It's more or less a nature vs. nurture type thing. Humans are taught from birth that your race is good, but others are bad, whether it be through parents, media, friends, or some other outlet. It's up to the individual to decide what is right or wrong. So people see insults from their own race as acceptable, but someone out of your race that you are conditioned not to respect says something to you, it's an insult.

I have lots of friends of different races and we are all racist to each other, it's quite funny. I'll respect any race that respects me, but i hold no reguard for the ignorant dumbasses in the world that judge me by my skin tone.

Heh, if you really want insults to roll off you like water, become a cop. I've lost count how times ive been called a Cracker, White Devil, or how white cops control non white cops. All you can do is laugh :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cubby @ Dec 29 2005, 04:52 PM) [snapback]19193[/snapback][/center]

heres a few examples

[/b]

That was a great post.

Personally, I think the term "race" is a misnomer. We are all the same species, so the thing that really seperates people is culture. The color of someone's skin just provides an easy reference to determine someones culture and thereby use stupid and derragatory language.

I am all for hearing what people have to say before making an assumption or judging them. This way you can tell who is French. I think we can all agree that we hate them, right?

Back