Comcast Price Gouges

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
OK, seriously, WTF. Comcast conveniently jacked up their cable tv prices $5 on all their packages for 2006. Now I gotta pay $50 a month for basic cable (that is, the standard 75 channels cable comes with). On top of that they fucked me over by switching the Sci-Fi channel to Digital Cable, and revoking my HBO and Shotime privaleges by making them exclusive to their higher-end packages.

i'm sure they'd get tons more subscribers if they had a "Make Your Plan" feature, where you chose the channels you want instead of having to pay $100 a month to for the big 180 channel package just so you can get Fox Soccer Channel.

$10 monthly fee to cover the local channels and then like $1 or $2 per channel that you want extra. Not only will it reduce my monthly bill. I'd just order the following channels: HBO, Comedy Central, SpikeTV, TNT, TBS, USA, ESPN, FSC, History Channel, Discovery Channel, and CNN. Seriously, who the fuck goes, "YES, i get my money's worth because i want to pay $50 a month to get 10 public access channels and useless channels such as The Food Network, or the Golf Channel.

But wait, Comcast now has a monopoly over the greater Chicago area when it comes to Broadband Cable Internet. Your 6mbps connection is much faster than DSL, but it also costs $50 a month. Oh wait, if you currently are paying another $50 a month or more for Comcast's cable TV, you get it at a special low price of $45 a month! Douchebags. On a side note, why the fuck do i not have access to DSL when my friend who lives 5 minutes away does? NO DSL companies can provide me cause they're fucknuts who can't build a fuckin hub. Here retards, i give you permission to build a hub in the useless patch of grass in the backmost remote corner of my property that you can't see unless you go there personally.

Instead of feeding us bullshit commercials of "actual customers" testifying how great Comcast is, why don't you show us some live footage of actual customer's opening up their monthly Comcast bill. I'm sure some of those videos will make it to the Illegal-In-The-USA Faces of Death videos.

Fuck you Comcast. I'm glad i made you give me 6 months of internet for only $19.95 a month, cause you want my business. And in June when i cancel, you can suck me. Suck me long. And suck me hard. And dry.

I have verizon online DSL 30 dollars a month is awesome and we steal basic cable (shh!).

Nice rant. Dead on too.

Cable TV prices and their justifications for doing it are absurd. There is a solution on it's way. Verizon is supplying FIOS (FIber Optic Service) to folks now, they will be taking over the market dominated by cable (like Cumcast). They will be offering packages for TV, phone, and Internet to folks pretty soon, it has already started in MA. Hopefully it will give the cable companies competition and force them to be less of an asshat to its customers.

Thing about FIOS is that it has a shitload more bandwidth than cable, that means more HDTV channels, and higher upload/download rates. Joy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Jan 11 2006, 10:46 AM) [snapback]25417[/snapback][/center]
I have verizon online DSL 30 dollars a month is awesome and we steal basic cable (shh!).
[/b]
/hangsupthephone

Tell the FBI guys hello for me...

I pay about $60 or so for cable TV. Then I pay $100 for phone + DSL. The phone includes unlimited long distance, voice mail and 3 Mbs connection.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scally666 @ Jan 11 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]25419[/snapback][/center]
i pay near $100 a month for tv over here
[/b]
Can't help it you want to have the Tea & Crumpets Network.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Jan 11 2006, 12:48 PM) [snapback]25423[/snapback][/center]
/hangsupthephone

Tell the FBI guys hello for me...
[/b]

Hey it wasn't intentional when we got rid of cable over 3 years ago the cable guy never disconnected us just took our cable boxes which we were billed for later one which was complete BS so this is our way of getting back at the man from his stupid mistake. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Jan 11 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]25426[/snapback][/center]
Can't help it you want to have the Tea & Crumpets Network.
[/b]
not much tea but loads of crumpet on tv over here
babestation ftw

Honestly though, with all of these cable companies and inflated prices, there's one other dynamic that people fail to see.

The cable companies have to pay the channels to to carry their channel. So when ESPN charges more (they are the #1 offender) the cable company either has to take a bite from their bottom line or has to raise their price somewhere to cover the offset.

Yeah comcast dominates my area too. The fastest DSL is Yahoo/SBC with 324kb/s. No way near the 7Mb/s of Comcast. I can afford it fine, so I don't rant about it. :mellow:

Theres two major providers up here in NOVA Cox and Comcast where I use to live I had Cox and paid basic cable $14 + $36 for internet a month, but it was more basic then Comcasts. I move about 8 miles down the road into another county that uses Comcast and now I pay $84 a month for basic and internet....not too happy about it, but what ya gonna do?

i use COX cable back in NOVA. don't watch tv, but brother and dad do, so we get our money's worth. btw timi, what county you in now? i think last time i asked you said you worked or lived near the dulles expo center?

For you all who are old enough to remember... Remember AT&T when they broke it up into tiny baby bells because of monopoly fears? Ironic now that all these companies are merging and branching out into new fields like cable t.v. where we have monopoly in local areas.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zampy @ Jan 12 2006, 04:28 AM) [snapback]25484[/snapback][/center]
i use COX cable back in NOVA. don't watch tv, but brother and dad do, so we get our money's worth. btw timi, what county you in now? i think last time i asked you said you worked or lived near the dulles expo center?
[/b]

Nah I'm down in Woodbridge (Hoodbridge) now working in Fairfax City.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Jan 11 2006, 10:37 AM) [snapback]25493[/snapback][/center]
For you all who are old enough to remember... Remember AT&T when they broke it up into tiny baby bells because of monopoly fears? Ironic now that all these companies are merging and branching out into new fields like cable t.v. where we have monopoly in local areas.
[/b]
AT&T merge/sold with Comcast for High Speed internet and Cable TV; And with SBC for phone services.
Oh and Cell Phone service with Cingular

Back