Who knew Soccer arenas were made of cardboard?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Jan 22 2007, 06:52 PM) [snapback]140616[/snapback][/center]
Tactics and strategy is not skillful.

You would not sit at a NFL game and be wow'ed by some great tricks or skills you will see a good throw or catch of some guy running into people.
[/b]

Again, stop being stupid, it can't be healthy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Jan 22 2007, 06:52 PM) [snapback]140616[/snapback][/center]
Tactics and strategy is not skillful.

You would not sit at a NFL game and be wow'ed by some great tricks or skills you will see a good throw or catch of some guy running into people. [/b]

And kicking a ball up and down a field is skillful how?

Oh shit, this turned into a debate!

Fuck soccer, fuck that pansy kickball shit...

Yes, american football could probably stand to have a more appropriate name, but the sport in general is far superior to any other sport in the world.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Jan 21 2007, 03:28 PM) [snapback]140425[/snapback][/center]
glorified version of rugby where players must wear added padding protection and helmets so they dont get hurt.
[/b]
How many people have died playing soccer?

Quite a lot actually lol

Last player i can remember was Mark vivian Foe, Played for Man City and died whilst playing for his country.

So any of you going to the Broadway concert that is also known as the "super Bowl". Im sure fans of cirque de soleil and prince can not wait for the awesome show these artist's will put on. Also in between these singers and dancers there will be a "American Football" game to allow the artists to gain some valued rest. Fans will be made to sit through maybe an hours "football" untill their favourite prince hits the stage.

Best sport in the world my ass, best advertising activity is more like it. The best sports do not have concerts before the game or at half time, they play sport. The fans go there to watch the sport not some past it singer and a circus act.

Can you imagine the World Cup Final at half time, fuck it lets put a concert on for the guests i say we have a 2 hour half time and let beyonce sing. She would get booed off the pitch within 15 minutes. Real fans go to watch the sport not a concert.

NFL is just a advertising sport.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Jan 23 2007, 05:02 AM) [snapback]140778[/snapback][/center]
Quite a lot actually lol

Last player i can remember was Mark vivian Foe, Played for Man City and died whilst playing for his country.
So any of you going to the Broadway concert that is also known as the "super Bowl". Im sure fans of cirque de soleil and prince can not wait for the awesome show these artist's will put on. Also in between these singers and dancers there will be a "American Football" game to allow the artists to gain some valued rest. Fans will be made to sit through maybe an hours "football" untill their favourite prince hits the stage.
Best sport in the world my ass, best advertising activity is more like it. The best sports do not have concerts before the game or at half time, they play sport. The fans go there to watch the sport not some past it singer and a circus act.

Can you imagine the World Cup Final at half time, fuck it lets put a concert on for the guests i say we have a 2 hour half time and let beyonce sing. She would get booed off the pitch within 15 minutes. Real fans go to watch the sport not a concert.
NFL is just a advertising sport.
[/b]
The reason pads are worn is because of the physical impact, and still on average 8 people die every year. The whole reason pads and some rules were changed was due to many deaths in injuries in the early 1900s.

It's funny how your main point of contention is halftime activities. I use that time to go to the bathroom or run to the concession stands. A football game lasts 3+ hours, having a halftime break is no big deal. People don't go to a game or watch on tv for the halftime activities.

And I agree with you, if I had to go to the World Cup final I'd be glad there's no long break in the middle. Who the hell would want to be bored even longer than they have to? I'd rather get it over with and watch a real sport on tv.

+"stoppage time" as you might put it. Its the same in the NBA - on paper, the game lasts 48 minutes. On TV, it takes two and a half hours, sometimes three. When play stops due to a time-out or a foul or the ball going out of bounds, so does the clock. Works the same way in your football. When's the last time a match lasted exactly an hour and a half? :p

We go over about an average of 6 minutes a game ... thats like triple the time alocated u guys have.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rankin @ Jan 24 2007, 09:54 AM) [snapback]141047[/snapback][/center]
+"stoppage time" as you might put it. Its the same in the NBA - on paper, the game lasts 48 minutes. On TV, it takes two and a half hours, sometimes three. When play stops due to a time-out or a foul or the ball going out of bounds, so does the clock. Works the same way in your football. When's the last time a match lasted exactly an hour and a half? :p [/b]

+ Commercial time outs.

a majority of the length comes from clock stoppage not from commercials .. in the nfl for example the clock stops on change of possesion, incomplete passes , when a player with the ball goes out of bounds ,scores ,injuries, timeouts ( duh ) and ends of periods of play ...the commercial timeouts are strategically placed like in the change of possesions timeouts or the end of periods of play ..commercials do not just randomly run here and there .... msl games here in the states are played jsut like euro games in that they dont have commercial breaks either until halftime

and as far as the half time show goes thats a super bowl thing not a normal nfl thing ...basically its to try and keep people from turning the channel ( although i dont htink this ever works lol) the half time of the super bowl is still the regulation length its not elongated just for the "festivities " ...thats why the third quarter normally starts in a very smokey arena from the fireworks and what not from moments ago :p

Real sportsman only need a 10-15 minute half time to get ready for second half. :D

Breaks in play for commercials thats just laughable, nfl a money making activity, hardly a sport lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Jan 24 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]141066[/snapback][/center]
Real sportsman only need a 10-15 minute half time to get ready for second half. :D

Breaks in play for commercials thats just laughable, nfl a money making activity, hardly a sport lol.
[/b]
That's the way TV works over here. Watch and NFL game, and the sponsors get their time whenever there's a stoppage. NHL, same thing. MLB, between innings, player subs, etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cahnuuk @ Jan 25 2007, 04:45 AM) [snapback]141070[/snapback][/center]
That's the way TV works over here. Watch and NFL game, and the sponsors get their time whenever there's a stoppage. NHL, same thing. MLB, between innings, player subs, etc.
[/b]
right cnuck t'luassa your thinking is backward its not breaks in the game for commercials its commercials during breaks in the game :p

Far to many breaks anyway just get on with the game, i really do not get why timeouts are needed anyway you use fucking headsets.

Surely the players no what to do without the coach dictating to them what to do every second??

I tell you what NFL doesnt have that football does Creative Freedom (Flare). NFL is all scripted you wont get a player doing some imaginative or exciting. You watch a Footballer like Ronaldinho, Henry or C.Ronaldo you can never guess what they will do next.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Jan 24 2007, 06:42 PM) [snapback]141154[/snapback][/center]
Far to many breaks anyway just get on with the game, i really do not get why timeouts are needed anyway you use fucking headsets.

Surely the players no what to do without the coach dictating to them what to do every second??

I tell you what NFL doesnt have that football does Creative Freedom (Flare). NFL is all scripted you wont get a player doing some imaginative or exciting. You watch a Footballer like Ronaldinho, Henry or C.Ronaldo you can never guess what they will do next.
[/b]

You mean like not score goal this time, oooh, how about not scoring a goal this way, or how bout not scoring a goal this way. It all can be broken down to trying to kick the ball in new ways, but it is still kicking a ball. If you want to continue being an idiot about it, that's fine. You can suggest soccer has more "flare", but that is about as gay of a statement defending a sport I think I have ever heard.

lol interesting reply. Just because the only player on the NFL team that has any creativity its the QB. Simpleton sport :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Jan 24 2007, 11:42 PM) [snapback]141154[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

Do You think Wenger just turns up and says right lads your playing 4-4-2 do what you want otherwise?

There is some Creative flare in NFL although not much as shown on botched plays like high snaps. I started watching NFL about 1999 and the following was possibly the best scripted play i've seen

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoID=1243112262

Back