Sony PS3 is winning the war.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stomis @ Jan 20 2007, 11:23 PM) [snapback]140377[/snapback][/center]
Banana pls change your forum name to "ProSongPluggerInARoomOfAntiSonyPeople".

Wii wins, end.
[/b]
Hey, I'm not anti-Sony. I have a Sony TV and a Sony DVD player. The PS and PS2 were easily the best systems of their generations, and I own both. The PS3 is just too much too soon and guided by an unclear strategy.

In a years time what console will be played the most??

The wii wont even be spoken about, 360 will still be used, but the ps3 will be dominant. This is my opinion obviously.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cahnuuk @ Jan 22 2007, 01:39 PM) [snapback]140472[/snapback][/center]
Hey, I'm not anti-Sony. I have a Sony TV and a Sony DVD player. The PS and PS2 were easily the best systems of their generations, and I own both. The PS3 is just too much too soon and guided by an unclear strategy.
[/b]

Only time will tell. :blink: I feel with the amount of games coming out, and expected price drops the PS3 will be the top christmas gift of 2007.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Jan 22 2007, 08:51 AM) [snapback]140477[/snapback][/center]
Only time will tell. :blink: I feel with the amount of games coming out, and expected price drops the PS3 will be the top christmas gift of 2007.
[/b]

But I thought you said all we needed to do was wait till the January numbers to see that Wii was a big flop?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Jan 22 2007, 08:50 AM) [snapback]140476[/snapback][/center]
In a years time what console will be played the most??

The wii wont even be spoken about, 360 will still be used, but the ps3 will be dominant. This is my opinion obviously.
[/b]
The winner will be the console that attracts developers the most. The PS3 has the best hardware. The 360 dev kit is much easier to work with than the PS3, and there's a large base of system owners at which to target games. The Wii will continue to have an audience, like all Nintendo consoles have. The only issue is how big, and if they get a few million units out there it'll get lots of dev attention.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cahnuuk @ Jan 23 2007, 01:03 AM) [snapback]140493[/snapback][/center]
The winner will be the console that attracts developers the most. The PS3 has the best hardware. The 360 dev kit is much easier to work with than the PS3, and there's a large base of system owners at which to target games. The Wii will continue to have an audience, like all Nintendo consoles have. The only issue is how big, and if they get a few million units out there it'll get lots of dev attention.
[/b]
Approaching 5 million in 2 months. I have friends that are devs and all of them are very impressed with the Wii and are constantly rethinking how games can be played. When asked about the PS3, they look at making those games as "a job."

TIME: PS3 Doesn't Live Up to the Hype

Mainstream media isn't so kind to Sony's machine.
By Patrick Klepek, 12/19/2006
As part of their year-end roundup, TIME magazine picked five pieces of hype the media (including themselves) fell for in 2006 that didn't live up to their claims. We'll be reading plenty about the unexpected bombing of Snakes on a Plane, but TIME also singled out PlayStation 3, believing Sony's handling of the launch is going to cost them the leader position this generation. <blockquote> "TO PLAY'S THE THING The big story in computer games this year was HOW TO BLOW A HUGE LEAD, by Sony. Its PlayStation 2 was the champ in the last round of the console wars. This time Sony bet on a chip called the Cell and a disc format called Blu-ray. They're probably awesome, but how would anybody know? The PS3 is hideously expensive -- it goes for up to $600 -- and Sony manufactured only a piddling few hundred thousand for the U.S., fewer for Japan. Plus it's hard to write games for; the launch titles were lame. You know you're in trouble when you get beat by something called a Wii."

</blockquote> Someone call the fire department because Sony just got burrrrrrned.[/b]

Source

Short sighted nothing. When a company charges $600 for a console that launches with piss poor titles after years and months of nothing but hype, doesn't even make a mediocre debut, and is trounced by what wasn't even considered competition six months ago (Wii) is pretty sad. Sony single handedly took themselves off the throne.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Jan 24 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]141128[/snapback][/center]
Short sighted nothing. When a company charges $600 for a console that launches with piss poor titles after years and months of nothing but hype, doesn't even make a mediocre debut, and is trounced by what wasn't even considered competition six months ago (Wii) is pretty sad. Sony single handedly took themselves off the throne.
[/b]

Don't buy one then, cry me a river.

The XBOX 360 launched with a pile of shit too, do you not remember.

The Wii's Life Cycle is short compared to the XBOX 360's or the PS3's, how many times do I need to say this.

If there is anything that has been hyped here its' the Wii.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Jan 24 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]141129[/snapback][/center]

The Wii's Life Cycle is short compared to the XBOX 360's or the PS3's, how many times do I need to say this.

[/b]

Now don't be sour because the PS3 sucks.

I haven't bought one. I just think it's asinine to tout numbers. There are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics. You're going on the assumption that all of these are purchases that people have pulled out of the box and played. I bet more than a quarter of those were purchases to be price gouged on the internet and how many did those actually sell....i seriously doubt that many.

I'm not the one cryin, since I'm not the one desperate to pull numbers to attempt to mask what the PS3 has launched as...a complete failure. If Sony is going to talk the talk, they had better come out walkin the walk.

And here's what CNN has to say.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Jan 24 2007, 03:02 PM) [snapback]141129[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
THIS is passion. ;)

Back