Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The future of MMORPGs is upon us!

The future of MMORPGs is upon us!

throw that bitch a bagel Ruler-jimbo's Avatar
    EQNext will be fun if they have pvp servers with most of the original rules from EQ2 when it started.. open world pvp and no BGs. Well they can have BGs as long as there aren't any awards that can affect open world pvp.. And I'm sure they can work out a good fame system by release too.

It does seem promising without much mention of pvp so far though..

Super n00b

No matter how much you hate SOE nobody can deny they are trying to bring something new to the table and end this horrible stagnation the MMO genre has been stuck in.

Anything would be better than all this theme park treadmill bullshit.

That's what I'm sayin. Whether the game is successful is yet to be seen but kudos to SOE for having the balls to take some risks and try something new.

Overall I'm pretty darn satisfied with their current games. I pay $19.99 a month and get unlimited access to planetside 2, dc universe, eq2, and eqnext when it releases. Amazing value in my book.

the game looks good, i actually watched the soe presentation for it and i thought it was decent. having played swg as my first mmo, when i started playing eq2 i was like oh shit i get to knock people off bridges??? now it's going to be like oh shit i can blow up a bridge with people on em?? lol it definitely sounds like it's going to be pretty fun to play but i want to see more about combat than just 3 attacks. it could possibly be one of those console port games like dcuo if the combat isnt as advanced as people want it to be. im still pretty excited about it though

Retired SWG Bounty Hunter Darein's Avatar
    But PlanetSide 2 is already free-to-play, and the other games aren't even worth playing. :P In my opinion, anyway...

That aside, if EQ Next succeeds, it may bring back sandbox MMO's to the market, which IMO is a good thing. After trying WoW and SW:ToR, I don't even want to try another linear, theme-park MMO. (And if I had lots of money and time to burn, my MMO of choice right now would probably be EVE. Just sayin'.)
    Last edited by Darein; August 14th, 2013 at 05:50 AM. Reason: PlanetSide 2 = win.

Quote Originally Posted by Darein View Post
    But PlanetSide 2 is already free-to-play, and the other games aren't even worth playing. :P In my opinion, anyway...

That aside, if EQ Next succeeds, it may bring back sandbox MMO's to the market, which IMO is a good thing. After trying WoW and SW:ToR, I don't even want to try another linear, theme-park MMO. (And if I had lots of money and time to burn, my MMO of choice right now would probably be EVE. Just sayin'.)
    swg is free to play lol :P

Quote Originally Posted by womp View Post
    swg is free to play lol :P
    Nuh uh! The price of entry is a virgin sacrafice

P.S.
    Chip is looking really salty lately...