• Bad Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

• Other (Why?)

• Total voters

moobkrad

This is what Hakan posted a few days ago, which gave me the hairy idea.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Jan 2 2007, 07:25 AM) [snapback]138154[/snapback][/center]
No i wont play it , i wont even try it. EQ2 is my last SOE game and I am only playing coz there is nothing else better than it atm. So not gona waste time on a game which is the rinse repeat of same old crap with litlle or no testing, incompetent devs who has no idea how to make a game, eye candy graphics which causes shit loads of lag.

Unfortunately there is nothing much on the horizon, a little Age of Conan and a little Warhammer but I am not holding my breath.

I wish we had the means of making a game.
[/b]

This what I posted on General Discussions.
Pointing to that.

We have more than enough man (and woman) power to make a game. We got writers for content, coders for mechanics, graphic designers for the visual part. We could cover music with a 24/7 online radio station, just like Galaxies Radio was. Best part of all! We know what we like most about games... Ideas!

That would leave Moola (Money) and... Time.

There is a few other details... but there are options for work around.

This might sound as the most hairiest idea you guys will ever hear. :blink:[/b]

Opinions on would be plausible(sp) or not, I agree or not, would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Like I said in the other thread, I think its a good idea. I have seen some semi decent games made by only a couple of people.

I'll gladly provide the soundtrack, but I would like to be a boss character in the game.

The gaming industry is what i'll be going for once I get my degree. Not the actual programming, but the marketing and production/development part. So i'll gladly help, this is good resume stuff :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Jan 8 2007, 03:22 PM) [snapback]138679[/snapback][/center]
I can provide content ;)
[/b]
I'm with Tivy here ^_^

As most of us would say... it has to be Scifi ^_^

wtf kind of a game are we talking? I say we take the emu when its done and skin it over fantesy and call it our own :) I think that would be a really welldone game but then again fanesy fantesy fantesy...

Stomis, that would be like beating a dead horse.

Besides, if we would like to charge for it, we could not do it because we don't have a license. So it will has to be something new.

Sci-fi would be the most appropriate. The thing is, I don't know how difficult would that be to code. Most of us have put our hopes in Star Trek and Star Gate, but then those are driven by companies which dedicates itself to make money and are looking for the next money maker. Not looking for the next fun game, which people would enjoy. That's where i think fans can make a better job.

Take for example Movie Battles, the mod for Jedi Knight Series.

Was gonna say something else but don't have time right now... Will get on it tonight...

I vote for telling Lahila, after all wasn't he studying game programming in Digipen?

He might help ^_^

I think it is an awesome idea! We should have some sort of meeting on any various chat program and delegete jobs to people and talk about it and what kind of game and such. I can write content, I am actually a decent writer.

If enough people are interested you could ask Stav to create a forum section to toss the ideas around in.
I think before everyone gets too carried away we need to decide on some very basic things to establish a common ground. For example What genre(Sci-fi, Fantasy, Historical) not to mention wether its fictional or non-fictional (Like a made up world or a world in existance today like earth.), Level or skill based, and last but not least twitch or turn based. The reason why we need to decide know is because we dont want to start working on stuff and then a week down the road someone change there mind because they didnt agree with a certian part. Also we need someone to be in charge or at least in charge of keeping some resemblence of order.

I will say it again, you will not find any subject people will agree on enough to make a game.

Forget Wil Wright, I just want Paramecium Wars. Battle of the Network Television Single-Celled Organism Stars!

Back