more wii vs ps3 numbers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Dec 1 2006, 11:42 AM) [snapback]135316[/snapback][/center]
That's not exactly a glowing recommendation. [/b]
Actually it is. It's saying that if you buy the PS3 now, 10 years down the road you'll still be having fresh and new content

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Dec 1 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]135410[/snapback][/center]
Actually it is. It's saying that if you buy the PS3 now, 10 years down the road you'll still be having fresh and new content
[/b]
No one could possibly believe this. Consoles last at most 5 years. Thing is, people tend to buy things for now, not for 2 years from now. Typically, saying something is ahead of its time means it's a decent product but not right for the current market - ie, it's a failure.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Dec 2 2006, 04:41 AM) [snapback]135439[/snapback][/center]
No one could possibly believe this. Consoles last at most 5 years. Thing is, people tend to buy things for now, not for 2 years from now. Typically, saying something is ahead of its time means it's a decent product but not right for the current market - ie, it's a failure. [/b]
PS3's are already sold out, and their demand is far exceeding supply. That doesn't make it a failure, even if Sony is losing money on each sale. YouTube was losing money every single month in it's two years of independant operation. That didn't make it a failure.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Dec 2 2006, 06:22 AM) [snapback]135442[/snapback][/center]
gears of war > wii and ps3 [/b]
rumor has it that GoW will be coming to PC :D

you guys know they sell those consoles for less than they cost to make. Its called a lost leader, xbox 360 is only seeing profit now almost a year later.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Dec 2 2006, 01:23 PM) [snapback]135470[/snapback][/center]
you guys know they sell those consoles for less than they cost to make. Its called a lost leader, xbox 360 is only seeing profit now almost a year later.
[/b]

Wii is seeing profit from console sale on release day.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Dec 2 2006, 05:41 AM) [snapback]135439[/snapback][/center]
No one could possibly believe this. Consoles last at most 5 years. Thing is, people tend to buy things for now, not for 2 years from now. Typically, saying something is ahead of its time means it's a decent product but not right for the current market - ie, it's a failure.
[/b]

That is what I was saying about that article not being a glowing review for the PS3.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Dec 3 2006, 02:32 AM) [snapback]135464[/snapback][/center]
PS3's are already sold out, and their demand is far exceeding supply. [/b]

yes but we all know the "short supply" at launch is bullshit ..its created on purpose to ignite consumer and media atttention " zomg look they are lining up for weeks!!1 " etc etc

in this case its backfired on sony ..they have created an expensive product and created a shortage .. nintendo has stepped in with a less expensive product and plenty of supply thus they are outselling the ps3 by the truckload ( literally)

of course you cant say a system is a success or failure a mere two weeks after launch but what we can say is that sonys large price tag and "over tech " as i heard one person describe it has hurt their launch.
i dont hitnk that anyone here at this point would argue that 9 12 15 months down the line ps3 will be a powerhouse but what you cant ignore is how nintendo was able to shatter the conventional wisdom of "systems suck at launch " with the wii ... in fact i would say the launch of the wii will be the new benchmark for judging the success or failure of a systems launch for years to come ...oh yeah and its nice to see a little software included with a system again a la the wii sports package no its not alot but its somehting to goof around with and enjoy and a hell of alot better than plugging in and having to dl new system configurations :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cubby @ Dec 2 2006, 04:40 PM) [snapback]135479[/snapback][/center]
yes but we all know the "short supply" at launch is bullshit ..its created on purpose to ignite consumer and media atttention " zomg look they are lining up for weeks!!1 " etc etc

in this case its backfired on sony ..they have created an expensive product and created a shortage .. nintendo has stepped in with a less expensive product and plenty of supply thus they are outselling the ps3 by the truckload ( literally)

of course you cant say a system is a success or failure a mere two weeks after launch but what we can say is that sonys large price tag and "over tech " as i heard one person describe it has hurt their launch.
i dont hitnk that anyone here at this point would argue that 9 12 15 months down the line ps3 will be a powerhouse but what you cant ignore is how nintendo was able to shatter the conventional wisdom of "systems suck at launch " with the wii ... in fact i would say the launch of the wii will be the new benchmark for judging the success or failure of a systems launch for years to come ...oh yeah and its nice to see a little software included with a system again a la the wii sports package no its not alot but its somehting to goof around with and enjoy and a hell of alot better than plugging in and having to dl new system configurations :p
[/b]

It might not be much of a game, complexity wise. But the amount of time and energy people are putting into an included game certainly bodes well for when the more complex games...say like Zelda. Or better still, with what the Wii brings you in terms of functionality and fun it turns mediocre games into much more fun games.

So, does Nintendo has another big sequel besides Zelda? Within it's exclusives.

Will it match Halo 3, MGS4, FFXIII (to name a few)?

Most of the gamers I know don't care about the price of consoles. Or the Console war. They end up buying all three of them just to get those games. They might have bought Wii for Zelda, but have XBox 360 (or will have) for Halo, and will eventually get PS3 for MGS4 and the FF Series.

At least half of Wii owners will have a second console and a puter.

So the question is, why are we fighting like cats and dogs? The superiority of this consoles will be shown in the future, probably next year. *wink* ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 4 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]135629[/snapback][/center]

Most of the gamers I know don't care about the price of consoles. Or the Console war. They end up buying all three of them just to get those games. They might have bought Wii for Zelda, but have XBox 360 (or will have) for Halo, and will eventually get PS3 for MGS4 and the FF Series.

So the question is, why are we fighting like cats and dogs? The superiority of this consoles will be shown in the future, probably next year. *wink* ^_^
[/b]

Naughty :cat:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 4 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]135629[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
Well, Wii does have Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Metroid Prime 3; all of which are beloved franchises with fanbases that rival MGS and FF. So I wouldn't discount their lineup.

I don't understand how someone could not care about the price of consoles though. I mean I am fortunate enough to be somewhat well off but by no means rich; and I could never see blowing almost a weeks paycheck on a PS3 unless I was getting some kind of amazing experience to payoff my investment. What about people who don't have good jobs or college students or whatever making $10/hr or less? Is 2 or 3 weeks of hard earned pay really that disposable to people these days? Maybe I'm just a cheepskate. <_<

I'm just hoping MGS4, FF13, and RE5 get ported to the PC or Wii eventually :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Dec 4 2006, 09:43 PM) [snapback]135694[/snapback][/center]
Well, Wii does have Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Metroid Prime 3; all of which are beloved franchises with fanbases that rival MGS and FF. So I wouldn't discount their lineup.

I don't understand how someone could not care about the price of consoles though. I mean I am fortunate enough to be somewhat well off but by no means rich; and I could never see blowing almost a weeks paycheck on a PS3 unless I was getting some kind of amazing experience to payoff my investment. What about people who don't have good jobs or college students or whatever making $10/hr or less? Is 2 or 3 weeks of hard earned pay really that disposable to people these days? Maybe I'm just a cheepskate. <_<

I'm just hoping MGS4, FF13, and RE5 get ported to the PC or Wii eventually :p
[/b]

I am a college student, and I plan on buying a wii....the cheapest of all of them and it's still going to kill me financially

Lets simple this up a little bit-
here goes what 10 million KIDS who are going to be playing the games
more then the avarage adult will think-

"Wow those controllers are cool!!"

/sigh i wanna buy a Wii cause the controller. that controller looks more fun then anything the PS# can give me.
stupid boomarang controllers. "look our fly aroud the room and come back to you!"
stupid Sony /Wag of the Finger.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Dec 2 2006, 08:41 PM) [snapback]135439[/snapback][/center]
No one could possibly believe this. Consoles last at most 5 years.
[/b]
funny thing is, Ive owned 2 PS2s (im on my 3rd) and 2 xboxs (none now), and each one of those 4 have lasted less then 2 years each. one xbox broke in 6 months.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Dec 1 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]135410[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
If I buy a PS3 now (at launch price), I'll have a good console in ten years (when PS3s will sell used (the PS5 will be near release) for $50)?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Dec 4 2006, 10:54 PM) [snapback]135704[/snapback][/center]
funny thing is, Ive owned 2 PS2s (im on my 3rd) and 2 xboxs (none now), and each one of those 4 have lasted less then 2 years each. one xbox broke in 6 months.
[/b]
Do you chew them? I have the same PS2 console since the beginning. Still works fine, can still hold my anime marathons... *giggle* working three or four days in a row without turning it off. And still works. Same with games that I'm in no way close to a save point. and I leave them there over night or two days, all depends of when I can comeback and play on it. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 5 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]135767[/snapback][/center]
Do you chew them? I have the same PS2 console since the beginning. Still works fine, can still hold my anime marathons... *giggle* working three or four days in a row without turning it off. And still works. Same with games that I'm in no way close to a save point. and I leave them there over night or two days, all depends of when I can comeback and play on it. :p
[/b]
Well disc read errors on PS2 were mostly caused by too much dust in the air of your house. The lasers are kind of cheap and if too much dust gets caked up on the lens it has to try much harder to see the disc and burns itself out. So in actuality its partly the users fault for not keeping the air clean in their house; but SONY could make their products more durable so it could hold up to abuse better.

Back